Preview 2023 Rd 23 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday August 19 2:10PM @ Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Harry McKay
OUT: Lachie Fogarty (soreness), Ed Curnow

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsSam Docherty
Half-forwards:Jack MartinTom De KoningDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettBlake Acres
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Harry McKay
Emergencies:Jordan BoydEd CurnowJosh Honey
Jack Silvagni

Over the last 8 weeks of tests of this group, firstly turning it around, going to Perth & winning, beating a team that was on a long winning streak, beating the old enemy and top of the table side missing important players, beating a team that has a habit of beating us when we think we are going all right, then beating one of the form teams in tight finals like contents.

Every test has been passed.

Todays test is to come off big wins & big matches, head off broadway to GC, but keep the intensity up.

They have

Not sure how cold it's been in Melbourne last week but today looks like a beautiful day for football up here.

A sunny but modest 22°. So not the mid to high 20s and blistering heat compared to Melbourne that it can be at this time of year. no chance of rain according to the BOM.

Genuinely almost as blind as a bat today but so looking forward to the game. This could be the day that we've been waiting a decade for

Let's go Blues

Not sure how cold it's been in Melbourne last week but today looks like a beautiful day for football up here.

A sunny but modest 22°. So not the mid to high 20s and blistering heat compared to Melbourne that it can be at this time of year. no chance of rain according to the BOM.

Genuinely almost as blind as a bat today but so looking forward to the game. This could be the day that we've been waiting a decade for

Let's go Blues
Have an awesome day at the footy Wick!!!!

Let's go Blues
Just soak it all in Wickzki, so happy for you to experience a resurgent Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've got another dose of Ross River fever and a recently twanged back, not going near the hospital yet, for fear of missing this game.
my leg fell off this morning - it will have to wait till after the game......

my leg fell off this morning - it will have to wait till after the game......

That's alright mate. You've been extinct for almost a century

Just watched Voss presser - they wanted to talk scoring goals he said we got to dial up our pressure and defence ..

We will bring a lot of heat tomorrow from the get go like the freemanltle amd port games ..
I love that. It is definitely how we can win. We are regularly keeping teams to 10 goals or less. Can't see any reason why we can't do that to the Gold Coast today.

Then, going the other way, I also can't see the suns bringing any more defensive pressure than St kilda or Melbourne did. Withheld that well the last two weeks and managed to score against very well organised defensive teams.

So, if the team keeps up the pressure we should have a winning formula yet again.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Always feel we suit the bigger MCG better and looks like Metricon sits at about the Marvel size so may be difficult getting space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carlton has had the least points scored against in the comp. this year.

And that's including that awful 8 week patch mid season....

GC simply don't have the fire power in the midfield to change that.....

Touk - at his best - top 10 mid in the comp, but his nut grabbing effort suggests a few demons presently?

Missed from Rd 6 to Rd 17 and hasn't been nearly as effective since resuming....

Rowell is 180cm, 80kg - anyone saying he is as strong as Crippa is delusional. And he's one paced frankly.

Great tackler, but he won't be stopping Crippa all game long.

Only averages 20 disposals a game this year.

Anderson - a more rounded playere and more offensive than his buddy.

After that, they fall away badly. Flanders, Constable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back