Preview 2023 Rd 14 Carlton vs Gold Coast Sunday June 18 1:10PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Suns will have to be off their game for us to get up, imo. Or we'll have to produce something exceptional, which seems unlikely, although I still think our first half last week showed signs of what we need to see, so if we improve on that it will be promising.

Like many, I'm baffled by Fog in and Dow out - the position argument doesn't carry weight with me. Feels like it's personal. Doubt we'll get much from Fog.

Anything could happen, but even Suns trouncing us wouldn't surprise. They are playing good footy - they're everything we hoped we would be. Still, can't wait to see Cunners out there again 🤞 Pity our season is cooked before Martin and Cunners returned. After Cunners, watching the forward line generally will be the main interest today.

Looking forward to watching Bailey Humphrey too.

Last edited:

Soooo

How we feeling about this game?

We gettin’ it done or what???
Undersized defence, underdone half forwards, slow midfield, umpire #22....what could possibly go wrong :tearsofjoy:

Either way, I'm heading there shortly to cheer the boys home for a win....hopefully. Sun's out over the G, what more could you ask for.

The good news is my rolled ankle is feeling better (not perfect) and I am doing a James Hird bravery act and going to the game

I want to tell my grand kids I was at the historical first ever clash between Carlton and Gold Coast at the MCG :)

Pretty sure we play him for a month the argument disappears.
We are not playing for finals, so clearly the remainder of the season is about trying things in many different ways.
If we played him for a month and he was horrible ... fair enough. But the treatment of him currently is disgusting.

How these preview threads, still, a conga line for Dow being hard done by
Because, he has been hard done by.

We have almost the worst midfield in the competition, he has more tackles in a quarter and a half than 90% of the team, and then doesn't even make the extended bench. It's a farce and nothing you respond with is going to convince me otherwise. 99% of the supporters believe he deserves a full block of games as do almost all of the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because, he has been hard done by.
Not sure how he has been hard done by, when the two levels are poles apart and still has glaring deficiencies

We have almost the worst midfield in the competition, he has more tackles in a quarter and a half than 90% of the team,
Seen this a few times. Perhaps go back to the footage to see what on what basis the awarded the tackle stat.

None stopped an opposition player from disposal

and then doesn't even make the extended bench. It's a farce and nothing you respond with is going to convince me otherwise. 99% of the supporters believe he deserves a full block of games as do almost all of the media.
Media?

Hasn't this been done to death over the last 18 months, even when we were winning games?

Not sure how he has been hard done by, when the two levels are poles apart and still has glaring deficiencies

Seen this a few times. Perhaps go back to the footage to see what on what basis the awarded the tackle stat.

None stopped an opposition player from disposal

Media?

Hasn't this been done to death over the last 18 months, even when we were winning games?
A tackle is only counted if it prevents an opponent from a producing an effective disposal, by definition.

So your statement is incorrect.

Soooo

How we feeling about this game?

We gettin’ it done or what???
First time in a while I've been more optimistic than pessimistic. I think we have a more balanced side, albeit a bit short in defence. Am going to be out for a while and will only be able to occasionally glance at score. But hoping for a winning replay this evening (along with a Khawaja double ton)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back