Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
would actually be inclined to play Cripps 65/35 fwd mid.

but I agree that on the face of it Dow has earnt an extended crack ( say games against *, Suns and Hawthorn) in his primary position as at least a rotation.
The movement of Cripps to the forwardline at times first half of last year worked well .
But as injuries hit and losses mounted this has been abandoned because coaches have gone into self preservation mode and in their minds can't afford Cripps to be anywhere but mid .
Same reason is why Binns and Dow are not getting games .
Form for some has now been disregarded and favourites take precedence .
There isn't another club in the comp that would be playing Jack Martin this week .
We have a coaching group in full preservation mode imo .

Last edited:
Glory Days
Is a lot of why we've been stuck for over twenty years Gab.
I'm sorry you've lumped me in with the type that only come out after we lose...after all the years of unbridled optimism about our club that I too shared.
I'm hoping our woes are only short term too, but this,won't stop me from voicing feelings of dread about our club. There has been a lot wrong for a long time.
I absolutely believe it would be a dumb move to once again resort to Glory Days.
If it's a deflection attempt, it isn't going to work. Although clearly it still does for some.
Don't forget we are ALL Carlton supporters.
We can speaK our feelings and hopefully engage in debate without being called 'bad' supporters, or being trolled by selection of emoticon?

Edit: just saw both clubs are doing it for pre-game. Different context now I suppose, but no, I wouldn't be doing it atm.
And why?
Because it highlights that Bombers are much closer to 17 than we are.

Our club is a laughing stock right now, whereas Bombers are on the up.
Ayway Gab, enjoy the show.
Cheers.
I think it is just spin and deflection from the club. Dont worry we have been s**t for 20+ years look how good we were a generation ago.

It does seem that some like to refer to anyone who is remotely critical of anything the club does as being a 'bad' supporter.

I think it is just spin and deflection from the club. Dont worry we have been s**t for 20+ years look how good we were a generation ago.

It does seem that some like to refer to anyone who is remotely critical of anything the club does as being a 'bad' supporter.
This!

Match committe starting to make some sense.. except for their obsession with selecting Ed Curnow. I can't think of another player on our list I will be happier to see retire. I anticipate tears of joy when he's lifted onto Crippa and Doc's shoulders later this year.

TDK now well ahead of Silvagni for the 3rd tall / backup ruck role. Match committe finally worked out that you can't play both, and that Silvagni can't ruck. Only took them 18 months...

O'Brien quite rightly omitted. Not at the level. Expect him to depart at year end.

Jack Martin waltzing back into this side after an average game in the reserves shows how cooked our list is. He's probably the only player on our list capable of playing as a high half forward. Zac Fisher gets completely lost in this position so I guess this makes some sense. A decent medium forward is priority #1 at year end.

I think Fisher's omission is the result of him being played out of position. He's not a high half foward. He can't take overhead marks. He gets lost up the ground. He's ineffective at center clearance. I'd love to see him in the forward pocket close to goal, right at Charlie's feet. He's dangerous. Can finish. Can crumb. And has footy smarts.

Instead every single week we pick 2-3 of Durdin, Owies & Motlop who are witches hats. Rarely in position to crumb. Don't kick goals. And apply practically zero pressure.

I think Fisher's omission is the result of him being played out of position. He's not a high half foward. He can't take overhead marks. He gets lost up the ground. He's ineffective at center clearance. I'd love to see him in the forward pocket close to goal, right at Charlie's feet. He's dangerous. Can finish. Can crumb. And has footy smarts.

Instead every single week we pick 2-3 of Durdin, Owies & Motlop who are witches hats. Rarely in position to crumb. Don't kick goals. And apply practically zero pressure.
Someone needs to explain this to our recruiting team. We picked up Durdin and Motlop as small forwards 2 years in a row and yet neither can offer a marking outlet aside from H & C. I would have marking as important as pressure and goal kicking ability in a forward. I guess that's why Martin is rushed back in with his paper calves.

Dow or Binns the sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good hedge that, either way I will be happy with on of them. Although, first AFL game as an emergency is pretty poor. A game every player and family will always remember… prefer they are starting 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good hedge that, either way I will be happy with on of them. Although, first AFL game as an emergency is pretty poor. A game every player and family will always remember… prefer they are starting 22
He gets selected and plays where he plays.

Not sure there's anything else needs to be considered during selection.

He'll get a run and he'll love it.

Last edited:
March bank rested for soreness…

Hopefully nothing significant and they are actually just managing him

Glad cunners still out there

Soreness after the 3 games. Any game he, Cunners and Martin play, whether it’s AFL or VFL, ends up being one game closer to a further niggle or injury.

Someone needs to explain this to our recruiting team. We picked up Durdin and Motlop as small forwards 2 years in a row and yet neither can offer a marking outlet aside from H & C. I would have marking as important as pressure and goal kicking ability in a forward. I guess that's why Martin is rushed back in with his paper calves.

Jack Martin's selection is no surprise, hardly competition for spots up forward. Ronke would probably be playing if he was AFL listed.

I'd be OK with Durdin and Motlop's lack of scoreboard impact if they could apply some defensive pressure.

We'd have to be close to the worst side in the comp when it comes to retaining the football inside our forward 50. Of our small forwards Owies is the only one who does anything. Motlop. Durdin and Fisher are too small to even lay a tackle. They are witches hats.

Our talls are even worse. McKay doesn't even bother to apply defensive pressure. Curnow's efforts are inconsistent. TDK tries but he's not exactly agile.

Unfathomable to think that the last two Coleman Medallists feature in the worst forward line in the AFL.

I have zero expections tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back