Preview 2023 Rd 14 Carlton vs Gold Coast Sunday June 18 1:10PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Both have good tackle numbers Fog avg 5.7 Dow 4.6, but Dow avgs 10 more touches, smashed him at clearance & his a hell of a lot more damaging with the touches. He’s also kicked more goals
And that is why I posed it as a question, I wasn't sure myself.

The Dow thing is clearly Voss backing himself into a corner whereby if Dow plays and looks good Voss looks like a fool for writing him off. This situation alone demands the dismissal of Voss.

Ok so we should sack Voss because of checks notes Paddy Wow

And then we should only hire a coach that promises to play Paddy Wow?

Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

& the question is why? Dow has been a better forward the Fog & can run thru the middle. Fog 2 goals in 21 games Dow 20 who do u think is the better forward?
It’s the like for like thing … one small who can’t hit the scoreboard replaced by another small who can’t hit the scoreboard …

Ok so we should sack Voss because of checks notes Paddy Wow

And then we should only hire a coach that promises to play Paddy Wow?

Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah yeah, I see what you did there. It's inconsistent player management that cuts through the culture of the club. Is that clear enough for you?

I think that whatever is wrong at the club runs a lot deeper than the game plan or the players, yes they are all part of it but not even the biggest part of it IMO.

Agree. It's player management. It's the coach laughing to the media about leaving Dow out again. That may not all be Voss and believe me I do really like the guy. I just cant accept what's going on at the club ATM, selection is all over the shop. We should be challenging this year. We're challenging for bottom four.

Agree. It's player management. It's the coach laughing to the media about leaving Dow out again. That may not all be Voss and believe me I do really like the guy. I just cant accept what's going on at the club ATM, selection is all over the shop. We should be challenging this year. We're challenging for bottom four.
A number of things, I've never seen him laugh about leaving Dow out, that's your interpretation based on what you want to see, I think it's more that he's sick of being asked the same inconsequential question every week. I would be.

What I meant was that it starts at the top of the club, nothing to do with the team or coach, I am talking about the Club. Unless there is strength, clarity, and unity right throughout the Club itself it's nigh on impossible for it to exist at the player/coach level. Removing Voss now would be the death knell, it's time for the club to show strength, close ranks, and support those who need it, weed out the bad eggs that will never facilitate the club in moving ahead and being successful.

Start at the board level, then the administration before even worrying about anything else. It's time to become a proper Club., not a reactionary pack of lunatics.

A number of things, I've never seen him laugh about leaving Dow out, that's your interpretation based on what you want to see, I think it's more that he's sick of being asked the same inconsequential question every week. I would be.

What I meant was that it starts at the top of the club, nothing to do with the team or coach, I am talking about the Club. Unless there is strength, clarity, and unity right throughout the Club itself it's nigh on impossible for it to exist at the player/coach level. Removing Voss now would be the death knell, it's time for the club to show strength, close ranks, and support those who need it, weed out the bad eggs that will never facilitate the club in moving ahead and being successful.

Start at the board level, then the administration before even worrying about anything else. It's time to become a proper Club., not a reactionary pack of lunatics.

I take what you say on board and it does make sense, however, what if the bad egg is Voss and his cronies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fully agree that there would be no obsession with these players if we were winning matches. Nobody was calling for Dow when we were winning 8 out of our first 10 last year.

But we are not winning, in fact we're awful, and the real issue with these fringe players now is that we don't know whether what was a fringe player two years ago is still one unless we give them a go.

It may well be that Dow, like Nick Graham, is too good for VFL and not good enough for AFL but Graham at least had 32 games in his last 3 seasons to prove himself and, yes, I know we have more talent now but Dow has had 2.75 games in the last 35 in a team that has won 8 games out of it's last 25, hardly given a chance.

And how's this for one of your theories....I'm starting to think that we're playing him as sub now to keep him from further embarrassing the M/C with his VFL performances.
Yes, that's the perfect example of a theory that I was referring to. If that were the case you may as well burn the place down. That's just mind-numbingly ridiculous. I'd suggest going out for a walk or something.

I take what you say on board and it does make sense, however, what if the bad egg is Voss and his cronies?
If they are they'll get found out with a proper and serious process in place.

I’d pick the small forward.
And if I wanted a mid I’d pick the mid
Which one is which?
As far as I can tell one is a lot better forward & is also a much better mid.
Hard to call a bloke who can’t kick it more than 40m & has kicked 2 goals in 20 games a “small forward” he’s 5-11 Dows 6-1 so not big size difference either

Personally, I wouldn't have Fog or Dow in the side, but Fog does have the better footy IQ

I've always seen Fogarty as a plodder, a poor man's Ed Curnow with less speed. Dow at least has elite in vision in close puts players in good positions with his hands. I'd have him miles ahead in IQ.

* I agree Dow overload, I'll allow your response and then shut up.

Yes, that's the perfect example of a theory that I was referring to. If that were the case you may as well burn the place down. That's just mind-numbingly ridiculous. I'd suggest going out for a walk or something.

FFS if you can't see when a poster has his tongue firmly in his cheek it's you that needs to take a walk or something.

How about you give an opinion on the rest of the post but not sure I expected that, believers gonna believe?

But perhaps you're right, maybe I should go for a walk during our games. Never done that before but maybe it'd work:rolleyes:

I've always seen Fogarty as a plodder, a poor man's Ed Curnow with less speed.
I'd agree, an accurate assessment

Dow at least has elite in vision in close puts players in good positions with his hands. I'd have him miles ahead in IQ.
I wouldn't call that elite vision, as he normally dishes to the first visible option, which at times, is the best options

Otherwise, he lacks composure to assess the best option coming out of a stoppage

Watch Hewett in the 2nd half, he releases players outside of congestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back