Preview 2023 Rd 23 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday August 19 2:10PM @ Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Harry McKay
OUT: Lachie Fogarty (soreness), Ed Curnow

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsSam Docherty
Half-forwards:Jack MartinTom De KoningDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettBlake Acres
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Harry McKay
Emergencies:Jordan BoydEd CurnowJosh Honey
Jack Silvagni

Walsh for Doc
Cuningham might get a week or 2 for a dangerous tackle; Ed to HFF with Boyd sub.

Dream scenario is Cerra back in across half-forward, but sounds like he won’t be back until the GWS game.

World has gone mad if DC misses given absolutely zero damage done.

Doc for Walsh.
Beyond that, depends who is ready.

Got to get this one done, get the monkey right off the back, then two weeks to tune up and be ready for war.

Walsh in for Cunningham if suspend. Otherwise Ed dropped. Fisher sub.

McGovern, Cerra and McKay straight in if fit. Boyd next in line.

Marchbank, Motts and Cottrell on my watch list.

I’m excited about the players to come back, but we do need to be careful to keep the mix right. THIS line up (more or less) has taken care of Port/Pies/Saints/Dees. We seem to have hit on a line up, partly by accident, that really works. The extra run, toughness and desperation that, say Cottrell, Cinc, Dow (I know, right?) are providing shouldn’t just be shelved because a “name” comes back.

McGovern is ahead of Marchbank all day long.
Walsh and Cerra MUST play when fit.
Harry too.

Tricky though, right? Who goes out whilst keeping the essence of what’s working here?

I wonder if we don’t look a lot better with more speed, endurance and toughness in the side vs pure bred, high draft pick “stars”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have tickets to go with the fam to this one. My last game likely. Not sure how much I'll actually be able to see but I'll be there.

Anyone else here attending? Want to stop by some place and say g'day? More than up for saying hello.

Ins: Walsh and Durds (if healthy) / Boyd

Outs: Doc and DC (if he cops a week).

Last edited:
Have tickets to go with the fam to this one. My last game likely. Not sure how much I'll actually be able to see but I'll be there.

Anyone else here attending? Want to stop by some place and say g'day? More than up for saying hello.

Ins: Walsh and Dutds (if healthy) / Boyd

Outs: Doc and DC (if he cops a week).
Thinking of you all. May it be a special day.

Form going in for GC
Rd 12: GC beat Crows 112 to 87 at TIO
Rd 13: Bye
Rd 14: GC lose to Blues 120 to 61 at MCG
Rd 15: GC beat Hawks 101 to 34 at Carrara
Rd 16: GC lose to Pies 42 to 120 at Carrara
Rd 17: GC lose to Port 106 to 73 AT AO
Rd 18: GC beat Saints 77 to 51 at Carrara
Rd 19: GC lose to Giants 103 to 63 at MO
Rd 20: GC beat Lions 96 to 55 at Carrara
Rd 21: GC lose to Crows 89 to 61 at AO
Rd 22: GC lose to Swans 114 to 90 at SCG

Notable win against Lions, but has lost to Swans, Dees, Pies at Carrara. GC form is patchy, but do play a little better at Carrara. They will put up a fight, but we should win.

Inaccuracy from easy shots should still be an area of focus early in games. GC give you a lot of looks If we take advantage could be an easy win. Just on a side note, who comes in and out is pretty much irrelevant as the game plan plus pressure trumps all. 8 day break. As Jack Martin would say , LETS GO.

Form going in for GC
Rd 12: GC beat Crows 112 to 87 at TIO
Rd 13: Bye
Rd 14: GC lose to Blues 120 to 61 at MCG
Rd 15: GC beat Hawks 101 to 34 at Carrara
Rd 16: GC lose to Pies 42 to 120 at Carrara
Rd 17: GC lose to Port 106 to 73 AT AO
Rd 18: GC beat Saints 77 to 51 at Carrara
Rd 19: GC lose to Giants 103 to 63 at MO
Rd 20: GC beat Lions 96 to 55 at Carrara
Rd 21: GC lose to Crows 89 to 61 at AO
Rd 22: GC lose to Swans 114 to 90 at SCG

Notable win against Lions, but has lost to Swans, Dees, Pies at Carrara. GC form is patchy, but do play a little better at Carrara. They will put up a fight, but we should win.
Won three out of 4 at Carrara, only losing to the pies when they were trying to sack the coach.

Doc def needs a rest even if calf is ok. He’s carried a huge load in the absence of the midfield. I reckon Cuners gets a week just cos.

Mid 4 this week will be Cripps Walsh hewett and Dow. Hollands and acres wings. Not sure what they do with Cuners out. Would shock to see Boyd played forward in vfl today. He’d be a great pressure forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back