Preview 2023 Rd 19 Carlton vs West Coast Saturday July 22 2:10PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

*EDIT - UPDATE:

IN: Lachie Cowan, Ed Curnow, Ollie Hollands, Josh Honey
OUT: Jordan Boyd (suspension), Adam Cerra (hamstring), Patrick Cripps (cork), Harry McKay (knee), Jack Martin (calf tightness.

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam WalshOliver HollandsSam Docherty
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyJosh HoneyJesse Motlop
Forwards:Jack SilvagniCharlie CurnowDavid Cuningham
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettBlake Acres
Interchange:Matthew CottrellLachie CowanEd Curnow
Paddy Dow
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsZac FisherCaleb Marchbank
Lewis Young

Last edited:
Didn’t he have an arthroscope? From what Dr Google has told me it’s about 6 weeks recovery time. I’d love to see him back in two weeks but I’m not counting my chickens.

No different to last year, back in 2 after an arthroscope with a meniscus injury
This time would be 3 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s where I’m confused, did Doc have an arthroscope too?

Docherty did but an arthroscope is a type of surgery not the surgery itself. It just means the surgery was done via a key hole incision using an endoscope. You can even do an acl reconstruction that way.

The surgery itself was a meniscus repair for Doch and a clean-up for Harry which could mean several things.

Heading to todays game expecting a win but I don't think it's going to be the training drill the odds suggest. Eagles at $11.50 and a line at 58.5 points seem way off given our changes. Plenty of value for punters there.

One of the reasons we've been so good lately is we have had 22 contributors on the field. I doubt we get that today.

Clerances will be a concern. Shuey, Sheed, Kelly & Gaff aren't exactly plodders. Our midfield looks ordinary assuming Acres, Hollands, Dow & Curnow playing meaningful time in the middle.

Hewett needs to lift. Huge load for Walsh & Doc to carry. Expect the backline will be busy.

Blues by 30.

If Ed Curnow retires at halftime and gets chaired off at the end of the game that would be awesome :thumbsu:

Gaff averages 1.6 clearances per game. Was a gun, now nowhere near it.

If you’re worrying about his clearance influence, you’ve either not watched him at all over the past few years, or you’re worrying for the sake of worrying.

Also, have some respect for our players. Hoping someone retires at half time is disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much time on my hands on the train..

FWIW team changes since we last played them:

Blues changes

Young - Cowan
Cripps - Dow
Cerra - Curnow
Durdin - Cottrell
McKay - Cuningham
Pitto - TDK
Fisher - Fogarty

WC changes

Outs

Culley
O’Neill
Gibney
Rotham
J Jones
West
Waterman
G Clark
Edwards

Ins

Cole
Shuey
Sheed
J Cripps
Hewett
Maric
Long
Hough
Chesser

7 for us, 9 for them

With Blues I gave outs with my take on equivalent ins, WC can’t call that.

They are relatively stronger but would need to be - Sheed, Shuey, Cole and J Cripps their best ins.

Imo (and I love pitto) but I wouldn’t be rushing pitto back into the side. A more versatile ruck duo i now think moving forward is key. We’ve shown this works in previous games
I was president and CEO of the 'I Love Pitto' club, but I think our mids play better when they have to play aggressive at the stoppages. Sometimes hit outs to advantage give you false security and you start standing still and not hunting the ball.

Pair that with litte contribution around the ground...think he'll need to grown significantly if we keep TDK and want that #1 Ruck Spot.

I’m convinced now the eagles are just taking the piss, how do all the key players continuously miss games

I did see the marking contest where Barass landed right on his neck/shoulder. Looked very nasty and it’s not surprising he’s out. Surprised he was named at all TBH.

Barrass massive out. They have no backline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back