Preview 2023 Rd 9 Carlton vs Western Bulldogs Saturday May 13 7:30PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Cottrell, Matthew Kennedy, Matthew Owies
OUT: Ed Curnow (Omitted), Josh Honey (Omitted), Brodie Kemp (Omitted)

Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Matt KennedyMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Ed CurnowJordan BoydLachie Fogarty
Brodie Kemp

This game should be boycotted by all fans.

Send a message to the club that the nonsense they are peddling will not be tolerated any longer.

There are 17 failures and 1 success each year.

Until that message is ingrained in their thick skulls from top to bottom they deserve no support whatsoever.

Send a message to the club that the nonsense they are peddling will not be tolerated any longer.

Until that message is ingrained in their thick skulls from top to bottom they deserve no support whatsoever.
Unfortunately I’m going tonight … sorry

I'm with ya 100%!!!

And even better, all fans from the all of the 17 failure clubs should boycott all of their team's games for the rest of the year.

Now, can you tell us which team will be the success this year so the rest of us can start planning other stuff to do on game day?

Guess I wont see you there then.
Better yet lets send a message that the fans are behind them through thick and thin.
Think you're up for that ........................wellllll?

Chin is up, just how I see these two.

I don't think they'll be on the list long term. We'll see. I definitely don't rate Cottrell like some on here.

Cottrell admittedly has lasted longer than I thought he would but will always be on the verge of being dropped at best. No real weapons and his ordinary games are bad games (like alot of our fringe players)

Cincotta, early days has been ok, but still think he'd be doing well to still be on the list in 3 years time

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Frump, I believe you are selling Cotters short.
Not the most skilful yes.
Yet, what he does have is a terrific passion to play for Carlton and a drastic desire to be the best he can be.
You can see it every time he plays, he runs himself ragged. Yet, he rarely misses a set shot.
As for Cinc, very early day's.
He is still attempting to adapt to the tempo of senior footy. But, he just looks like he is a ready made role-player to me.
Has clean hands, has a bit of burst and seems to not mind the physical stuff as well.
I reckon both will go on to play 200 games for us and be apart of our next premiership team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So one less attendee, one less member

I am sure you will be missed

I seen last weeks game so differently to most. We were actually pretty good in most areas, most of the game. Where we lost the game was just poor execution, which slowly zapped our confidence to keep going. Extraordinarily, they scored 85 of their 100 point FROM OUR TURNOVERS! EIGHTY FIVE POINTS!! We handed them an easy win.

As much as the media wants to call for radical game plan changes, the reality is we are still good in a lot of areas. Voss is building us for strong, contested, brutal footy that will stand up in finals. But, like most teams are doing in the early part of this season, it's time to loosen the shackles and go for it and accept we'll give up some easy scores from turnover (as we are clearly good at doing so anyway!).

The best commentary all week I thought that actually made a lot of sense was On The Couch from Gary Lion who called for us the weaponise Charlie and let him play the Cameron role while H stays closer to goal for his contested marking abilities in the Hawkins role. Even if H misses some sitters, it just makes perfect sense to me as a better setup. Quicker ball movement thrown into the mix and immediately our game plan suddenly starts coming together.

I feel sorry for the Dogs playing us this week. Go Blues!!

6 and a half hours now from the first bounce. I am starting to get excited.
This has to be the day we show something, surely we can put up a decent performance tonight.
Walshy, time for you to shine and I think he will.
Kennedy, he totally deserves to be back in the starting eighteen. Will be set for a big one.
Owies, great inclusion, think we need him to kick three tonight.
Vossy, time to take the handbrake off and let the boy's play with a little more freedom.

You must be a hoot at parties

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea great show of support for a team that need all the support they can get externally right now.

We are ******* 4-3 mate. Positive ledger. Its Round 9 ffs. We are only 1.5 games worse than last season

Fortunately last week’s performance finally crushed that pesky little optimistic me and now only jaded world weary me will watch the game, stone faced, the years of anguish etched in my face.the outcome almost unimportant.

Go blues!
If this group get some luck and fight every game..scrape into 8
Good old days are gone.....out of luck,we need more depth anyway,yep another good mid and a proper small forward ,if martin stays injured
our list full of long term injuries plus some liabilities.....otherwise easily make 8...its the list

So you won't be going? Or watching or listening?

Guess I wont see you there then.
Better yet lets send a message that the fans are behind them through thick and thin.
Think you're up for that ........................wellllll?
Why support something that accepts and celebrates mediocrity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back