Preview 2023 Rd 24 Carlton vs GWS Sunday August 27 6:10PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in ...

IN: Cerra, Fogarty, McGovern, Walsh, C. Durdin
OUT: Cripps (soreness), Docherty (soreness), E.Curnow, Marchbank, Pittonet, Motlop (illness)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Blake AcresSam WalshOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Corey Durdin
Emergencies:Ed CurnowMarc PittonetCaleb Marchbank

*Update 26th August

Last edited:
Beware of the incoming cannoning knee from Toby Greene into any Blues player around him.
Take him out of the game and the Blues win.

Absolutely pumped for today. Was at every game in 1995 but sadly too young to remember any of it. Have memories of ‘99/‘00 and the ‘99 prelim was incredible and the winning streak/Kouta being Kouta in ‘00 was amazing but I think this is the best Carlton team we’ve had since ‘95. Yes we fell into a GF in amazing circumstances but had a lot of help from a flawed system and the next year Kouta took us on his back until he was injured playing possibly the best footy anyone has ever played.

The difference this year I feel, is that we have 22 contributors on the park no matter who is out there. We were heavily dependent on our guns then. We did have a lot of them but when you got down to the last 4-5 blokes named each week it got pretty mediocre. This isn’t the case now. Some players are going to be very stiff to miss out.

It’s going to be a tough one today for sure, they’re a good side who need to win to make finals. So I won’t be throwing the toys out of the cot if we lose, just hope we secure 5th, will make a big difference as if we do that it means we stay in Melbourne if we can progress to a semi.

Will be amazing to be one of 40,000 plus Baggers with barely any of them there, will be the closest thing to a rabid Princes Park crowd you can get. Hoping it will be a factor.

Blues by 21 ~ Charlie to kick 2, enough to pass the other bloke, but to set up many others with his laser passes. He’ll be BOG. Either him or Georgie, whose composure and measured kicking under pressure will be the difference as we break away in the last after a tight game.

Beware of the incoming cannoning knee from Toby Greene into any Blues player around him.
Take him out of the game and the Blues win.
Newman has done it before and while I think it’s unreasonable to expect a complete blanketing like last time, the fact the Newman has been so good on the attack while also doing his defensive duties as well means Greene will have to worry about defending him. Or perhaps he doesn’t and Nic runs riot on the rebound.

Don’t think we could have asked for a better game to end the season; no letting up of any pressure as GWS are a very good side fighting for a finals berth. Would much rather this than playing a meaningless dead rubber.

No Cripps, Doc, Motlop.

Walsh, Cerra, McGovern, McKay, Durdin all need to find touch and get the minutes in the legs.

We’ve played under extreme pressure for the last 10 odd weeks and passed every test. One more huge effort before a long break.

Don’t think we could have asked for a better game to end the season; no letting up of any pressure as GWS are a very good side fighting for a finals berth. Would much rather this than playing a meaningless dead rubber.

No Cripps, Doc, Motlop.

Walsh, Cerra, McGovern, McKay, Durdin all need to find touch and get the minutes in the legs.

We’ve played under extreme pressure for the last 10 odd weeks and passed every test. One more huge effort before a long break.
I agree makes for almost the perfect preparation.
Marvel will be absolutely rocking today.

3 objectives today -

1. Win, however it happens, and send a message to the comp
2. Secure Charlie Coleman
3. Boot the Bullflogs out of the finals

These two don’t compute. :p

Not at all. Would love to play the bullflogs on the wide, open expanses of the ‘G for a change too, especially in a final.
Same here. I would rather Bulldogs than GWS in the first final. Confident against either, but more so against the Bulldogs.

Watching Charlie kick that 2nd goal to win the Coleman will be worth the ticket price alone.
Watching us win..
Watching us roll into the finals series with the team and the crowd up and about…
Oh boy!
For those going…be loud please on behalf of those who can’t be present…and enjoy!!!

I'll be there ...

BRING. IT. ON. 🏈

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blake Acres to do some rucking today?
I'm hoping Harry is chopout ruck today. If Daniher(with his injury history) can be risked in the middle, then, I don't understand the paranoia with protecting 'H'.
It could be a longer term solution for us, TDK takes 70% of duties and JSOS and Harry chip in with the other 30%. If JSOS is struggling with over 200cm opponents, swap him with Harry.
This gives us TDK and 2 mobile FWD/RUCK options, with Pitto as back up in the VFL.

Last edited:
Bit to play for today for both sides.

GWS season on the line.

Our 9 game winning streak is on the line.

We win and get rewarded with playing the out of form Bulldogs.

Curnow needs 2 goals to win the coleman outright.

Should be finals-like intensity. Great warmup for the real stuff.

Go baggers.

Oh s**t, I didn’t even think to check how many goals Walker kicked last night.

Got a sense that Charlie is going to tear this apart.

Something about his two closest rivals kicking bags. Feels like he might have something to prove

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm so excited to watch a game, for the first time in 10 years, where I can enjoy it from the start and not be anxious about the outcome or potential fall out. It is bliss.

Feel the same

Feel like I’ve spent the last two years death-riding other teams results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back