Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Cincotta, McGovern

OUT: Saad (hamstring), De Koning (managed), Plowman

NEW:
Cincotta (debut)

After starting last weekend as substitute, Josh Honey has been elevated into the 22.

Round 6 Team v St Kilda
Backs:Jacob WeiteringNic NewmanLewis Young
Half-backs:Alex Cincotta (DEBUT)Mitch McGovernBlake Acres
Centreline:Sam WalshPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Lachie CowanEd CurnowJosh Honey
Matthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Tom De KoningBrodie KempLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

You don’t think that Plowman can handle Membrey?
No one can handle Membrey. He sees Carlton jumper and turns into Wayne Carey.

Is that what you want to happen? If not, it seems like a superfluous post. You wouldn't be doing that would you agro? I wouldn't think so.

Tell me about Plowman's assets that you think might work well against Membrey.

You would like to know about Plowman's assets, I am reminded by Plowman's dedication to the task as a lockdown defender and the "tale of the tape" between Ploman and Membrey, which makes Plowman a logical match up for Membrey, I fear that Weitering and Young may not be nimble enough to take on Membrey and I can't be sure if McGovern will be fit enough to take his place today in the side therefore Plowman may be the logical match up - and should Plowman be brought into the side today and hopefully curbing Membrey's influence in today's game and finds himself victorious in singing the Club Song in the victory circle at games end (which of course we all hope is the case today) I can't help wondering if we can't compare our Lachie Plowman with the late and great tennis player of the 70's and 80's Vitas Gerulaitis who after experiencing defeat 16 times in a row at the hands of his great rival of the period Jimmy Connors - declared after beating Jimmy Connors in the semi-finals of the season ending Masters Tournament in January of 1980...."And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row!"

You would like to know about Plowman's assets, I am reminded by Plowman's dedication to the task as a lockdown defender and the "tale of the tape" between Ploman and Membrey, which makes Plowman a logical match up for Membrey, I fear that Weitering and Young may not be nimble enough to take on Membrey and I can't be sure if McGovern will be fit enough to take his place today in the side therefore Plowman may be the logical match up - and should Plowman be brought into the side today and hopefully curbing Membrey's influence in today's game and finds himself victorious in singing the Club Song in the victory circle at games end (which of course we all hope is the case today) I can't help wondering if we can't compare our Lachie Plowman with the late and great tennis player of the 70's and 80's Vitas Gerulaitis who after experiencing defeat 16 times in a row at the hands of his great rival of the period Jimmy Connors - declared after beating Jimmy Connors in the semi-finals of the season ending Masters Tournament in January of 1980...."And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row!"
Who would that leave for Weitering and Young to play on though?

Membrey will likely be the main target with King and Caminiti out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh based on 13 games.

This time last year he was the next big thing on here. Now Kemp has moved to that spot.

He's probably always going to look average in his role when we play as badly as we did last week where opportunities are very limited. Thought that Durdin and Motlop struggled as well.

Hopefully the ball spends a bit of time in our forwardline and he can reward the faith that is being shown in him.

Just seems that everyone on here wants to take pot shots at players at the moment. Surely it's inke the clubs interests if he can make it.
Kemp 20 to 30 possessions a week.
Honey has no form

Saints will be on today as they seemingly have been all season.

Today will be as much about showing up as it will be about tactics or personnel or matchups. If we bring our best football for four quarters we will win.

We will be on today.Heaving home crowd play well at Marvel no excuses regardless of a few injuries.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saints will be on today as they seemingly have been all season.

Today will be as much about showing up as it will be about tactics or personnel or matchups. If we bring our best football for four quarters we will win.
I watched the first quarter of last weeks Saints v Pies early this morning, and Saints looked anything but dour and ultra defensive to me.(Lyon-style)
Today it's gonna be 'run and gun' vs. 'slow it down and chip it around carefully'. We are going to need to bring our best footy, despite their shortish team.(or maybe even because of it)

Gutted, was really looking forward to going to today's game (our first of the season in the afternoon in Melbourne) but my Mother is quite sick at the moment and I have to stay home and take care of her.

Good luck to the boys and everyone going today.

Heading to the game today with the trouble and strife and tin lids. Hope the baggers respond which I reckon they will.

The thing that worries me about today is the saints system, discipline and game plan. Lyon has them playing together as a team confidently and I'm afraid we just don't have that chemistry/gameplan atm. As I said, we'll respond but will it be enough to beat them? I bloody hope so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back