Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Cincotta, McGovern

OUT: Saad (hamstring), De Koning (managed), Plowman

NEW:
Cincotta (debut)

After starting last weekend as substitute, Josh Honey has been elevated into the 22.

Round 6 Team v St Kilda
Backs:Jacob WeiteringNic NewmanLewis Young
Half-backs:Alex Cincotta (DEBUT)Mitch McGovernBlake Acres
Centreline:Sam WalshPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Lachie CowanEd CurnowJosh Honey
Matthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Tom De KoningBrodie KempLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

It is in the club's best interests if he makes it. If all of them make it. I want all of them to succeed. Some players seem to have a knack for reading the play and knowing where the ball is going. Honey doesn't do that. If he could read the play, his speed would see him get to so many more contests ahead of others. It is making me think he is quick and athletic but he doesn't have a footy IQ.

I look at Ollie Hollands and think that he understands where he is needed. He is not always going to get the ball. He is not always going to dispose of it perfectly. But he does run to the right spots.

Motlop reads the play quite well and can inject himself offensively and defensively when required. Yes, he also struggles when the team struggles. Durdin I'm still waiting for more from.

I mean, you can call it a pot shot, but all any of us can do is comment on the way we see things and we don't all see things the same way. For BigFooty's sake, thank god we think differently.

Tell you what though ... if Honey comes out tomorrow and kicks 2, puts on plenty of forward pressure and impresses in passages of play, I'll compliment him for it. I don't have a bent against any of our players. I just have expectations.
I think Durds has a decent footy brain as well, not as natural as Mots but can/does read it well & looks really good further up the ground…
Honey was originally looking good early days but more by using his speed pressure and power…
Seriously. We loved Kreuzer but his tap work was well below par. Not sure he's the best person to teach our up coming rucks.

Having said that: "those who can't, teach"

But our ruck devision has been poor for a long time.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was going to write something very similar the other day, he’s strengths were wonderful for a ruckman but as far as hit outs, he was average…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back