Fixture Rnd 24 Fixture Confirmed - Sunday 27th August 6.10PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

There has been no consideration for supporters from Regional areas or kids.
Even those of us from metro Melbourne will not get home until late.
My daughter lives in Warrnambool and was planning to come up for the game, she may not now.

Feel for regional folk but kids should never be taken into consideration, damn free loaders! :)
What’s a late night anyway, you can have some early nights over the bye week & w/end.
BBL is played from 19:10/19:40 isn’t it = for some later finishes.

That's the point, the AFL doesn't have the feel for the common attendee. Hawks v Freo/Crows v Eagles, North v GC, could've been the 2 at least on the Sunday as no one by that point is either really going to go see them and Eagles/Freos fans usually attend on Sundays... they don't have anyone of note retiring for fans to want to say farewell to really any of those teams.
It's intentional to have a game that will likely have a big impact on the top 8 and impact other teams sweating on the result of our game close out the season. Big focus on AFL right to the last game on Sunday.

Not a good time for attendance but otherwise I think it's good. Gives us a decent break between the GC game which we travel for and the GWS game. We'll know exactly what's required before our game, what a win and loss means.

A massive🖕 to the AFL.

Serves you right for fixturing our "finals shaping" match in the worst timeslot ever.

Shaping up to be a dead rubber.
Dead rubber for us hopefully (if saints and swans lose this week)

Elimination final for GWS. They are going to come out breathing fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* awesome time for West Aussie blues .
So stop cry ya Vic whingers!
You still get the GF at a reasonable hour at least, not *en brunch like it is here

Feels like “Would you like some smashed avocado on toast with you major sporting event?”
You are so spot on....... I was in Perth working 99 GF and it was terrible. Not only the result but it was way too early. I had to work that morning and it was a mad rush to see the start . And then we got flogged so I am a bit biased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back