Preview 2023 Rd 9 Carlton vs Western Bulldogs Saturday May 13 7:30PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Cottrell, Matthew Kennedy, Matthew Owies
OUT: Ed Curnow (Omitted), Josh Honey (Omitted), Brodie Kemp (Omitted)

Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Matt KennedyMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Ed CurnowJordan BoydLachie Fogarty
Brodie Kemp

Charlie has kicked 7 against them before.
Yeah agree. we do match up well against them. Why I say this is within our grasp.

Going to be interesting to see how our forwards go with Liam minding one of H or Charlie. Has been playing well but not sure he will be as effective as Payne was last week.

Would like to see goals from others too though.

Delisted by 2025

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cincotta a keeper for at very least three years, I am backing him for longer.

Cottrell keeps stepping up, and I view him as great depth for as long as he can fit on the list. Looking forward at potential list changes post our next off season, they will be difficult to come by. He may get squeezed out by the numbers game, being a meat and potatoes, no frills player, but will not be surprised if he has a home until retirement.

It is shaping that LOB will be gone when they both come out of contract at the end of 2024, but I would back the more versatile and combative Cottrell to go on past that time. Acres, Hollands and Binns, with the Campo boys a real prospect fills up our outside midfield, but development takes time. I would also argue High half Forward is more his go. Versatile enough to feature around the ground, and a great role model for the kids in the twos as well as setting the standard athletically.

Not cast in stone, but I would back him in to hang around for a few more years. Has Carlton heritage and a genuine love of the club. The very epitome of a great depth type as we transition the list in a few years. Cheap as chips contractually in all likelihood.

The two named are heart and soul, if we aren’t in desperate need of list spots, I welcome them for the next five or six years. They are unconditional and both possess enough talent to stay in the mix for a while to come.

Very cheap shot😡

woulda liked kemp in given their forwardl ine has some tall timber (and average smalls) Lobb, naughton, ugle are all tall enough, english and bont will drift fwd.
Kemp in would allow mcgov to not be so tied up with one of them

Trying to lower my expectations and not be so depressed after every loss. Easier said than done.

Blues by 3 points
Fortunately last week’s performance finally crushed that pesky little optimistic me and now only jaded world weary me will watch the game, stone faced, the years of anguish etched in my face.the outcome almost unimportant.

Go blues!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ll probably find that the opposition we play at Marvel is worse than the opposition we play at the MCG.

Teams we play at Marvel: StK, North, interstate teams

Teams we play at the G: Coll, Geel, Melb, Rich

If you’ve actually been going to watch us play in person, you should be able to see our complete inability to get the ball through the opposition zone at Marvel vs MCG.
McKay and Curnow always play better at Marvel.

I don't know what you're talking about

woulda liked kemp in given their forwardl ine has some tall timber (and average smalls) Lobb, naughton, ugle are all tall enough, english and bont will drift fwd.
Kemp in would allow mcgov to not be so tied up with one of them
Thought I heard Ugle-Hagan was potentially a doubtful starter tonight.

I thought we generally look better at Marvel because of the controlled conditions. Our shizen skills seemed more pronounced when windy or slippery .

But it would appear not even Marvel can cover for us this year.

Yeah remember that game, we kicked the last 5 goals to lose by just 3 points.

Josh Dunkley was their best with 41 possessions and 10 tackles. Think it will be tough for him to repeat that effort….from the Gabba. :)
That was a weird game. They had a big lead early then we had a massive lead then they had a massive lead

Back from purgatory, after the frustration of last week :).

What a crappy week it’s been.

The media feeding on us, knowing there is huge following, ensuring engagement & consumption of their generally cheap shots.

Some truth to it all of course - hoping our coaching group are already considering these opportunities & others.

Our team on paper “looks” strong - but we cant depend on a minimum level of performance - obviously capable of high highs & low lows. Of late seeing more of one than the other.

Todays game - where to start…

We look stronger with Owies & Cotters back on board - both very honest contributors where others haven’t been.

Honesty is the key - bloody hard intent to with the ball at all costs, from honesty comes trust.

Trust in the bloke next to you doing his job, trust there will be someone running forward - rather than sitting back waiting for the dump kick for safety.

Trust in a winning game plan rather than defensive.

Trust in defence has been added over the off season, something we needed - but we haven’t learned how to balance defence/attack.

Hoping today we trust our attack more.

If they don’t trust our scoring ability - we will be picked apart slowly.

If they do, we might come closer to fulfilling our potential.

We won the contest last week against a top 4 team so I don’t think we need to question the commitment to the contest - against Adelaide yes - but not last week.

I don’t particularly care much for the mainstream media’s hyperbolic analysis. The video analysis on the autopsy thread was the best analysis I’ve seen in years.

Last week’s performance was all about poor disposal and decision making. Executing skills and making good decisions are the key! Get that right and we win.

We won the contest last week against a top 4 team so I don’t think we need to question the commitment to the contest - against Adelaide yes - but not last week.

I don’t particularly care much for the mainstream media’s hyperbolic analysis. The video analysis on the autopsy thread was the best analysis I’ve seen in years.

Last week’s performance was all about poor disposal and decision making. Executing skills and making good decisions are the key! Get that right and we win.
They’re stuck between defence & attack.

Disposal reflects it I think.

I’m sure S Walsh can execute - never have I seen him use the ball so poorly.

Fingers crossed for tonight.

Unlike a few other difficult games coming up, this is a game within our grasp.

Can’t afford to drop this one. Few other vultures within a game behind us on the ladder.

He ain’t the only one but Bout time Cripps put in a good game. We need a big game from him.
Every game is difficult. Always was and always will be.
Crippa is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back