Preview 2023 Rd 22 Carlton vs Melbourne Saturday August 12 7:30M @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

NO. CHANGES.

Sam Docherty will play his 150th game in the Navy Blue guernsey - the jumper he grew up wearing as a supporter - as Carlton looks to continue its strong run of form from recent months.

Last weekend’s sub, Ed Curnow is the sole omission from the Round 22 team: he has been named as one of four emergencies alongside Jordan Boyd (now available after suspension), Sam Durdin and Josh Honey. One of those four will be named as sub an hour before the bounce.

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanCaleb MarchbankBrodie Kemp
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinTom De KoningDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam DochertyGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Jesse Motlop
Emergencies:Jordan BoydEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

Might be going against the groupthink here but I’ll be absolutely spewing personally if the soccer goes over 730 and it continues on the bigscreen. Having it on up until the bounce was a good move by the AFL, both common sense and good symbolism to put past petty antagonism behind them.

But once the footy is on I’m there to watch the footy and the live action, replays, score review etc being on the big screen has become an essential part of the experience. If you want to fully commit to watching the soccer, do that. I go to the footy to watch the footy.

Last edited:

Might be going against the groupthink here but I’ll be absolutely spewing personally if the soccer goes over 730 and it continues on the bigscreen. Having it on up until the bounce was a good move by the AFL, both common sense and good symbolism to our past petty antagonism behind them.

But once the footy is on I’m there to watch the footy and the live action, replays, score review etc being on the big screen has become an essential part of the experience. If you want to fully commit to watching the soccer, do that. I go to the footy to watch the footy.
There’s no ******* way they’ll keep the soccer on once the game starts

You can still watch the game D2P. Fingers crossed the Matildas have it in the bag at full time.
Yeah hopefully they’ve cleaned it up after 90, can’t be arsed trying to find the old binoculars for when the ball is right out on the opposite wing and can’t refer to the screen lol.

There’s no ******* way they’ll keep the soccer on once the game starts
Would be absurd.
You could go watch it on a screen somewhere at ground if very invested.
or....
Delay game.

Would be absurd.
You could go watch it on a screen somewhere at ground if very invested.
or....
Delay game.
Exactly the way I see it, if you’re that committed to it, you choose it over the footy. You could stay at home or go to the pub if it’s the priority. We’ve all had to make choices on going to the footy or doing something else before, this is no different.

The AFL could even agree to keep it on the internal screens in the bars, walkways etc. and if you choose, you can go and have a look there. But the big screens, the ones on L1 above the seats, nah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody joke if they do, I’m not going there to watch the soccer. We got bigger fish to fry.
Exactly. We’ve just played our best 6 weeks of footy in 23 years. We’re playing 2nd on the ladder and you can more or less lock us in for our first finals appearance in 10 years and it’d be our first finals series where we feel like we’re not just making up the numbers for 23 years as well. I mean let’s get real. I’d say the percentage of our supporters who wouldn’t turn up if they couldn’t also watch the soccer while the footy is on (feels even more ridiculous typing it out) would be under 5 percent. If that.

I think I heard that the soccer game will be relayed in the smaller screens around the ground, if it goes over 7:30pm and not on the big screens when the game starts.
Can live with that. Article read as if FIFA was insisting if it’s shown it be shown in full on every screen if it goes that far or not at all. See what happens I guess!

Reckon we're in desperate need of a footy game when we're analysing fellow posters rather than analysing the actual footy.
I'm clearly sensing unresolved feelings of letting go stemming from the 1999 Grand Final loss. (Or early unforeseen departure of pet guinea pig)

Being respectful and humble is appropriate But this was a fairly insipid snivelling servile effort- in my view of course.

I think KnaveyBlue should be applauded for posting respectfully on an opposition board.

Let's all just let it go, this is so silly. Given the origin, I should have just ignored the initial barb instead of indulging it.

Let's go Blues tomorrow night!

Last edited:
We might be the blocker for the Matildas game to be screened live at the ground before the game …

They'd be crazy not to delay the game by ten mins or so if the soccer is still going, no chance channel 7 would not show the end of the Matilda's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back