Preview 2023 Rd 14 Carlton vs Gold Coast Sunday June 18 1:10PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

FFS if you can't see when a poster has his tongue firmly in his cheek it's you that needs to take a walk or something.

How about you give an opinion on the rest of the post but not sure I expected that, believers gonna believe?

But perhaps you're right, maybe I should go for a walk during our games. Never done that before but maybe it'd work:rolleyes:
What exactly am I a believer in if you don't mind, I've never said that there weren't issues, all I said is that I don't believe that the coaching or which fringe player plays this week or not is the biggest of the issues.

Oh, I understood that a certain part of your post couldn't possibly be all that serious, and as far as going for a walk during a game goes, I can recommend it, having done it before lol I don't think there's a Carlton supporter I know that isn't feeling frustrated with where we are at, It's just that we don't all agree with going down the sack the coach route again and thinking that will fix anything.

Dow gets sub again while Walsh and Cripps couldn't bother tackling anyone and their disposal was below average at best.

For a side with a midfield as god awful as ours it defies belief that anyone with half a brain would want to keep the same setup. Carlton's just too soft as a organisation to ever drop someone on a big contract. Even if they squib, hack every other kick, jog when it gets hard and don't defend we get to watch them play every week no questions asked.

Least we get to pat on ourselves on the back by dropping fringe players who will get to walk back into the side beating the worst teams in the VFL.

Dow gets sub again while Walsh and Cripps couldn't bother tackling anyone and their disposal was below average at best.

For a side with a midfield as god awful as ours it defies belief that anyone with half a brain would want to keep the same setup. Carlton's just too soft as a organisation to ever drop someone on a big contract. Even if they squib, hack every other kick, jog when it gets hard and don't defend we get to watch them play every week no questions asked.

Least we get to pat on ourselves on the back by dropping fringe players who will get to walk back into the side beating the worst teams in the VFL.
You want to replace Walsh and Cripps in the team with fringe players? I'm not getting why you would mention those types when referencing Dow. He certainly isn't competing with those two
for a position in the team.

You want to replace Walsh and Cripps in the team with fringe players? I'm not getting why you would mention those types when referencing Dow. He certainly isn't competing with those two
You are correct 99% of the time.
When Crippa is injured and playing like s**t (like he has been) he should 100% have given him a chop out to heal up

He will get a block of games, but let's assess it when he retains that spot

Dow became relevant because he had a string of very good performances in the reserves, at a time when the seniors were struggling. With players who play the same position injured, out of form and low on confidence, he appeared a natural replacement for Hewitt, for example.

He's also a former first round draft pick who has struggled previously, only been given two games in two years, and now appears to be in career best form at a time when we have very few good young players to get excited about.

Surely you can see why that generates interest in the preview threads. What else are we going to talk about?

What's kept it even more firmly on the radar is the baffling decision to play him as a substitute three weeks in a row. It will mean that from next week, he will be a month removed from playing a full game of football, and a month removed from the form and confidence he was building in the reserves.

I think a lot of people here empathise with Dow, at least. While he hasn't played as well as hoped, his career arc is a sorry indictment on our development and how we treat players generally. Right now, not only are we not giving him a shot, we're killing any chance at all he has of succeeding. That just doesn't seem fair.

When Crippa is injured and playing like s**t (like he has been) he should 100% have given him a chop out to heal up
For sure, if he's injured. Not doing himself or the team any favours by playing injured.

Apart from their name what are they offering?

Walsh and Cripps are going whole games this season without registering a single tackle or mark. Their disposal, defending has been god awful and they don't kick goals. Guess it's hard for anyone to get a chance in the side when they are competing with the fantasy of some players instead of the reality. Walsh got 35 disposals for very little value last week and he's somebody who screams for the ball at every opportunity.

May as well give others more of a go instead of constantly rewarding and backing in the the guys who killed our season in the first place.

Neither are small forwards but as a player Dow eclipses Fogarty in terms of talent, speed, skill and pretty much everything else.
And yet has never been selected as a small forward in any level of football he’s played.

It’s not like all Australian selections and you just stick all the names in, these guys need to know their roles.

It’s unlikely Dow knows what to do as a forward pocket.

And yet has never been selected as a small forward in any level of football he’s played.

It’s not like all Australian selections and you just stick all the names in, these guys need to know their roles.

It’s unlikely Dow knows what to do as a forward pocket.

As Fogarty. Who has played forward for us and failed dismally. MC zero clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Fogarty. Who has played forward for us and failed dismally. MC zero clue.
He played well recently.

BTW I’d like to see Dow play a whole game, not as fwd pocket but replacing one of our underperforming mids.

It’s not Dow v Fog it should be Dow v ( insert non-tackling, slow, ball butcher here)

Have we kept the same set up ? Aren't Fogarty and cuningham both coming in for their first games of the year?

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walshy missed about 3 handballs last week to a 1 meter target
I won't go on about his elite kicking
Sadly out of form
And crippa is having a G Chappel run of ducks
Can't remember his last half decent game, was it saints first half?
With those 2 as they are no wonder we are bottom 4. It least bam Bam looks like he cares and had a head as hard as a cats, always in and under, when not playing at hb

I agree. we can't carry our captain. He needs a break and we need to play someone who isn't so badly injured that it's impacting their game.I think this is what the top teams do better than us, look at Port recently.

Wonder what Voss said to all the clubs last year who weren't interested in Dow??
Voss - are you interested in Dow?
Uninterested clubs - no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back