Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Jack SilvagniCharlie CurnowJack Martin
Forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaEd CurnowMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsGeorge HewettJosh Honey
Lewis Young

How does it make sense that the player that's down on form isn't an autoselection?
Don't like Ed being the break glass in case of emergency option? Find better options, which was my point.
Okay, so second best on ground counts for nothing? He’s still down on form? How is Ed in better form not playing for 3 weeks and his last game he had a below average game?
Dow has not been given a fair go playing 3 single quarters in 3 games, and was in great form coming into the team. The team selection this year has been a joke, not sure how you don’t get that

Hardly anybody talks about the team or the game in these threads anymore.
Just a brawl over who got picked.

Pretty sad if you ask me.
Who is to blame for this though?

Where else do the supporters have a voice?

We are more than likely out of the finals race when we expected to be thereabouts.

Of the many that are commenting, there'd be 3 times that seething in silence and multiple more that don't know big footy even exists.

We reek of a boys club atm to the apparent detriment of on field results and a hostile fan base.

We all clearly know Dow has his papers stamped, but the coach & MC need to be called out on this, it is totally wrong to take this stance.
Again Ed Curnow selection is wrong he is 34 and applying your logic will he there next year, no he won't.
Incredible Ed is still turning up and performing at his age. A real testament to his commitment and durability. Great effort. I imagine Carlton fans are right behind him. I certainly am.

We are more than likely out of the finals race when we expected to be thereabouts.

Of the many that are commenting, there'd be 3 times that seething in silence and multiple more that don't know big footy even exists.

We reek of a boys club atm to the apparent detriment of on field results and a hostile fan base.
I'll tell you what reeks of a boy's club......

The posters are to blame.
All the rest is circumstantial.

Last edited:
MC sets us up for more of the same and defies logic most weeks.
By the time we get to the actual more-of-the-same, we’re all too tired to give a rats.
What on earth are you talking about?

Incredible Ed is still turning up and performing at his age. A real testament to his commitment and durability. Great effort. I imagine Carlton fans are right behind him. I certainly am.
Again all Carlton fans admire his commitment over a long period of time, being gifted games over younger players when we are bottom 4 is not a positive way forward for the club.
We can all just agree with everything the club does, but reality is we have been a unsuccessful club for too long and the selection criteria this year has been sub standard.

Swap the coaches and we’re looking at a nice percentage booster.

As it is, it’s just 2 bottom 4 sides, one rebuilding and one in its premiership window.

Last edited:
Again all Carlton fans admire his commitment over a long period of time, being gifted games over younger players when we are bottom 4 is not a positive way forward for the club.
We can all just agree with everything the club does, but reality is we have been a unsuccessful club for too long and the selection criteria this year has been sub standard.
Hmmmm, anonymous poster on narrow focus sports forum or coaching staff & officials of club I've followed for decades.....Hmmmm.......I'll stick with B, Ed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would have been the perfect moment to debut Binns, but no we are going with slow and old Ed Curnow. Such a good call that holds the team in good stead going forward. It's a selection that won't affect the result of the game, it's a missed development opportunity. We'll win but we could have taken more from this game than just a win against a poor side struggling to field it's best team.

Silvagni over Young for the third tall forward/second ruck role is a controversial call IMO. Silvagni rucking has been a weak spot for us all season, it's been a failure for us. The only reason it might work this time is because we have weak opposition. If it fails again that's on the team selection. Again, should not affect the result but still does not make it a good call.

We will sell Dow for chicken feed and he will be playing the sort of footy for another club next season that we will want at our club. Again, we have selected Ed Curnow who I doubt could go back to the VFL and produce the results Dow has been all season. Adds to our leg speed issues. Again it should not affect the result but this is terrible team selection.

We're down the bottom of the ladder for a reason, we aren't this bad and we know it. We are so poorly coached it's painful.

Teams have done poorly off the bye when facing a team that played the week before. Think we might be in trouble.

Teams have done poorly off the bye when facing a team that played the week before. Think we might be in trouble.
This has been talked about a fair bit and it could be a legit concern given the trend but in our case we are playing a very weak side. Inexcusable if we drop this regardless of how strong the trend is.

This has been talked about a fair bit and it could be a legit concern given the trend but in our case we are playing a very weak side. Inexcusable if we drop this regardless of how strong the trend is.

There are no excuses for losing this game. Off the bye, who has been selected. They are still a bottom side struggling to field their best team.

Unfortunately we find ourselves as a bottom side as well. Thing is we shouldn't be.

This would have been the perfect moment to debut Binns, but no we are going with slow and old Ed Curnow. Such a good call that holds the team in good stead going forward. It's a selection that won't affect the result of the game, it's a missed development opportunity. We'll win but we could have taken more from this game than just a win against a poor side struggling to field it's best team.

Silvagni over Young for the third tall forward/second ruck role is a controversial call IMO. Silvagni rucking has been a weak spot for us all season, it's been a failure for us. The only reason it might work this time is because we have weak opposition. If it fails again that's on the team selection. Again, should not affect the result but still does not make it a good call.

We will sell Dow for chicken feed and he will be playing the sort of footy for another club next season that we will want at our club. Again, we have selected Ed Curnow who I doubt could go back to the VFL and produce the results Dow has been all season. Adds to our leg speed issues. Again it should not affect the result but this is terrible team selection.

We're down the bottom of the ladder for a reason, we aren't this bad and we know it. We are so poorly coached it's painful.
The management of Dow by crazy has been appalling. I’d sooner see him go than Dow.

There are no excuses for losing this game. Off the bye, who has been selected. They are still a bottom side struggling to field their best team.

Unfortunately we find ourselves as a bottom side as well. Thing is we shouldn't be.
Absolutely we shouldn’t be anywhere near bottom of ladder. But once again we found a way to do it. Another year wasted.

Absolutely we shouldn’t be anywhere near bottom of ladder. But once again we found a way to do it. Another year wasted.
If they had kicked half decent for goal it wouldnt be so.
That's the biggest issue that has indeed wasted a year but Dow playing or not playing wouldnt have changed it.

The bronx cheer at the ground directed at the coaching group when Dow comes on and gets his first touch every week is a fairly loud voice expressing a fairly strong opinion held by many supporters it appears. It's not just a cheer of support for Dow, that is pretty obvious.

That's the biggest issue that has indeed wasted a year but Dow playing or not playing wouldnt have changed it.
Dow is just one example of the issues we have had this year…poor selection.

Kicking poorly is another example. How a team can all kick poorly collective is a bit strange though. Got to be something more than just ‘we just kicked poorly’….specially when it continues to happen when oppo applies decent pressure.

Teams begun to embrace the new rules and new style the game was going to be played in about mid way through last year. Some took to it quickly, some have taken quite some time adjusting to fielding quicker sides and changing tactics to more direct and quicker ball movements and creating midfields who generate higher intensity and pressure and defences who must intercept and rebound well and fast. Either way, the teams who have embraced modern football have all gone past us.

We have appeared to be very slowly only making those changes in the last month or so and still we select the wrong team for how the game has to be played now.

After Collingwood's success last season we arrogantly put our heads in the sand about wanting to play footy our way. Made no changes to who should make up our team and how the team should move the ball. Hit the season with an out dated game plan and out dated team selection/structure. Picking far too many slow players, avoiding playing up the middle and rebounding quickly, avoiding playing faster players because of preconceived opinions.

Collingwood made those changes in the very early parts of last season, it started winning them games, missed out on playing in a grand final by nothing at all, should win it this season. Difference between Collingwood and us is they have fully embraced the new rules and modern football. Voss still thinks it's 2018 and refuses to move past his opinions of players regardless of their form and how he thinks games can be won.

Us being slow to the party has meant we again miss finals. It affects list management decisions. It affects who wants to stay here and who wants to go come season's end.

To be honest, I don't think we have fully embraced the modern game yet despite our win against the GCS. Ed Curnow walks straight into the team over Dow and Binns, that's not embracing the future or modern football. Silvagni who can't take an overhead mark, has failed in the ruck this season and is not even key position size comes in to play the third tall forward role over Young who is at least part time ruck and key position size and can take an overhead mark.

You can't make excuses for Voss. We have gone from missing finals by percentage to bottom 4. He's a failed coach who has made a heap of bad decisions and continues to. He keeps getting things wrong and keeps making the same mistakes.

Last thing I want to do is sack another coach but there comes a point where you can't keep defending these mistakes.

We are not bottom 4 because of injuries or because we are no good enough. We've been left in the wake by a lot of teams who have adjusted to the modern style.

Last edited:
I am and always have been. Absolutely love Ed.
He can still tag the pants off any player, and usually contributes and gives a 100 per cent. However, as a replacement for Cotts, not so much. Binns makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back