Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN:
Matthew Cottrell
OUT: Ed Curnow, George Hewett

TS-Post-2.jpg

Jackson’s a mile away from a quality ruckman.

Darcy is massive and can clear packs but lacks polish.

Rowan Marshall and Tim English are the two best Ruckmen in the afl then daylight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So there's the 3 you demanded...

I think this is a season defining game - in that by 8pm tonight we'll know a lot more about this team and where we stand.

We started the year with reasonably high expectations - to go one better than last year and be a finals team, or at least be competitive. Won some unimpressive games, then a bad losing streak where poor form and low confidence coincided with a tough run of matches.

Ok, what's done is done. But today we play another team who likely won't play finals. Win, or at least provide an excellent contest on the road (and down two ruckmen) and I think we know that we are better than the 'also-rans', that the form slump was more about working through the right structure with the coach, and that this group can go forward.

Lose, particularly if we rervert back to only kicking 7 goals and losing by 5 in an uncompetitive game and we have to acknowledge that wasn't a slump, and there's something more broken about this team and club that needs addressing. That's where the big questions start coming in.

It's a one-week thing, then we get a couple of weeks of respite - a free hit against Port in Melbourne, and then West Coast at home. I'd still like to think we are in the mix - 2023 might be done but I'm hopefuly we are building towards something.

Over to the game Day thread!

So a ruckman is irrelevant now? Maybe a similar touted finalist on their home ground with similar all-ground capabilities is a 'should win' game to some - to a neutral observer just looking at the line up - Carlton will have done very well to win and should be expected to lose this one by 2-3 goals.

Ok -well here is the post game commentary in nutshell.

If Carlton loses sack VosS.
If Carlton wins 'where was this before" ?

I'm looking at the experience level of the two teams in forming my opinion.

You sound like you expect to lose and are already defensive about what people may say.

Perhaps you could discuss every post on its merits instead of throwing punches at shadows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back