Change The Club Song

Remove this Banner Ad

Simple. Change one word. It's so obvious.

We'll never stop stop stop when we're top top top

Edit: Didn't realise tribes got in before me. Grape vines drink alike
I would actually change “stop stop stop ‘til we’re top top top” though. Footy anthems are supposed to be a bit cringey, but that’s dialed up to 11 and I feel like the players get a bit embarrassed singing it as it’s usually flat.

Even if it’s a slight change like “and we will never stop even we we’re top” or “and we will not stop when we reach the top”. Still lame, but can be sung the same way.
I have suggested changing “til” for “cause”.

'We'll never stop, stop, stop 'til we're top, top, top'

'Fight, fight, fight 'til we hold up the cup, run, run, run all the way'

Has anyone noticed that the SUNS copied our song? I think the AFL should protect our brand and force them to change their song.

Keeping with the OPs theme of ******* it up completely how about we stop singing after top, top top, have Hammer yell out "did someone say KFC?" and then all the players drum on KFC buckets singing "I don't care, I love it"

We’ll never stop, stop, stop ‘til we’re reduced to sub atomic particles from the ultimate heat death of the universe.
There’s history here in the making.

Last edited:
I embrace the cheesy glory of our song.

the only line I would change is 'Come on, Port Adelaide aggression'.
Aggression is fine - but 'Come on' - someone got paid money to put that into a song?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, OP joined Saturday at 9.53pm

:think::think::think:

It's a NO from me. On Saturday night, I got to belt out BOTH Cheer, Cheer AND Power To Win. It was magnificent, just ask my wife :winkv1:

Yeah I've grown to love our AFL club song, it sounds great when blasted over the speakers. Although I wouldn't object to altering the cheesey stop stop stop, top, top, top line.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

We’ll never stop, stop, stop ‘til we’re reduced to sub atomic particles from the ultimate heat death of the universe.
There’s history here in the making.

what if Port is the dark energy that scientists are desperately trying to find?

'We'll never stop, stop, stop 'til we're top, top, top'

'Fight, fight, fight 'til we hold up the cup, run, run, run all the way'

Has anyone noticed that the SUNS copied our song? I think the AFL should protect our brand and force them to change their song.
is that their song? lmao

Top top top means the flag. Not coming first in the home and away season.

Although since 1994 we've finished top of the AFL ladder more than anyone. (and we were still in the SANFL for 3 of those years)

Port Adelaide: 4
Essendon, Geelong, Sydney: 3

Yeah i'd change it but i'd rebrand us as the Port Adelaide Pirates - as we should have been since we joined the AFL - and then change it to a sea shanty style song as part of that.

Do a full on call and response style sea shanty with the Captain or another heart and soul senior player leading it, with that responsibility handed down as tradition. Hammer would be the obvious song leader at the moment and retiring would see him hand it to someone like Clurey or DBJ.

I'll die on this hill. The Power branding has ultimately been a missed opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back