Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Stringer is more intelligent and less of a dickhead than Willie Rioli. Genuinely would rather Stringer back (which I really, really don't) than to recruit Willie Rioli
It might just be me, but cheating on your missus and mother of your 2 kids by picking up underagers off instagram is a whole lot more dickhead behaviour than smoking some weed.
Obviously stupid thing to do as a football player, but would hardly call it dickhead behavior.

Also absolutely kidding yourselves if you think our players aren't getting into much heavier stuff (along with every other team).

It might just be me, but cheating on your missus and mother of your 2 kids by picking up underagers off instagram is a whole lot more dickhead behaviour than smoking some weed.
Obviously stupid thing to do as a football player, but would hardly call it dickhead behavior.

Also absolutely kidding yourselves if you think our players aren't getting into much heavier stuff (along with every other team).

It’s not just smoking some weed. It’s strapping 25grams inside your jocks and trying to board a flight.

He was stupid enough to get caught, but lets not pretend there aren't others in the same boat that fly under the radar. Not sure about throwing stones in glass houses.

If he wanted to keep playing and had sorted his life out or was trying to, I'd not hesitate to ask the question if I were Sam Power. Liability to the club could be easily mitigated through contractual terms. We'd be employing him to play footy, not solve the world's problems so his stupidity is irrelevant.

Already said further in the thread that I'd bet a third of our players are too.

Comparing apples to oranges. Stringer is scum; Willie is a childish, selfish, stupid person. Both idiots in their own way. Stringer is a worse person, while Willie a bigger liability for a club

Already said further in the thread that I'd bet a third of our players are too.

Comparing apples to oranges. Stringer is scum; Willie is a childish, selfish, stupid person. Both idiots in their own way. Stringer is a worse person, while Willie a bigger liability for a club
Stringer was a s**t teammate. Willy is not.

I probably don't know enough to be definitive... but if Wiily's only faults are that he likes a toke and is stupid or immature, then he would be pretty low risk I think. It would depend also on whether we felt we could help him get his life a bit more sorted. If the club said they want him, then I'd be all in...his upside is enormous.
He tried take an amount of weed that wasn’t that far off qualifying for a trafficking charge on to a flight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard anything Re: Bont?

It sounds like Bont doesn’t want to rush the contract from his public anwsers. But I think as it was mentioned here once is that he wants extra years from club offer still remains.

Very stupid, no doubt. Dickhead to me has a connotation of sh*t bloke/hurting others. Rioli is only harming himself.
... and sponsers

Jake Riccardi is who I hope we are targeting. Showing a lot of ability playing down back and won’t ever be a superstar forward.
Would be a buy low, high upside target. Much better than the other forwards people are suggesting we move back.
Normally I'd say we're no chance of any GWS player coming to us, but an ex-Calder boy who played for Werribee might just make a difference. I'd honestly put up our first rounder and ask for picks back.

Stringer was a sh*t teammate. Willy is not.
I would say Willie's two indiscretions are very much him being a s**t teammate. He put himself into positions which negatively effect the team, since he's now been unavailable to play for 2 years. If I were his teammate I would find it very difficult to trust him again.

I would ask for 2 late thirds back. A win-win trade for all parties.
Yep, in a heartbeat. Now is the time to trade for a need and Riccardi still has a lot of growth left in his game.

Seriously you’re suggesting a young kid of ours still growing into their career should be setting an example for a bloke just done for possession? How bad an influence could he have on Bailey?

What I am suggesting is that a young dedicated kid who is taking this opportunity with both hands, might be a good role player for a stupid person with a huge amount of talent who is blowing it away.

Normally I'd say we're no chance of any GWS player coming to us, but an ex-Calder boy who played for Werribee might just make a difference. I'd honestly put up our first rounder and ask for picks back.
I would ask for 2 late thirds back. A win-win trade for all parties.
Unless Sam Darcy rockets up into 1st round contention, I'd much rather hold our 1st for the draft (or trade for established talent rather than speculative). Riccardi was taken at Pick 51, and is currently out of the Giants' best 22. I agree his value is likely higher than where he was drafted, but I don't feel a 1st rounder should enter discussions in any form, unless we would lose it to Darcy (even then, I'd rather move it into a future year if possible).

With the rumours surrounding Wallis, Lipinski and Richards, there's every chance we'll strengthen our draft hand through player exits anyway, so shouldn't need to throw anything serious around for Riccardi if we wanted him. Plus we have future 2nd/3rd to work with if required.

Just can't see Power using our 1st in that way. He outright refused to give it up when the Keath and Bruce trades were on the line (and either situation could've warranted it), and robbed the Pies blind when we gave them our 1st. I doubt we'd be giving up a 1st in a Riccardi trade unless there was an early 2nd coming back or something like that (i.e. the pick only slides a handful of places).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back