Prediction Changes v Port - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer Wallis to Hannan while English is out.

Don't think there is a role for Wallis when we have the three bigs but think he would make a lot more sense with one of them out. Hannan was left one out an awful lot against the Blues and was never a chance of winning most of them, you'd feel like Wallis would've been a good chance of at least halving them.

I'd prefer Wallis to Hannan while English is out.

Don't think there is a role for Wallis when we have the three bigs but think he would make a lot more sense with one of them out. Hannan was left one out an awful lot against the Blues and was never a chance of winning most of them, you'd feel like Wallis would've been a good chance of at least halving them.

Agreed big time

I’m not that surprised on Crozier. He’s vying with Easton and Taylor for the medium back spots, and he hasn’t been as solid as those two. Three into two doesn’t go. When all three play we lose run.

Last edited:
Williams is a big in, everyone was hoping for Weightman to come in. Buku couldn't run out the game last week, lost Hunter due injury. We don't know the full story with Crozier. Seems like an unnecessary amount of melts for one debatable inclusion of Roarke? Okay, maybe his VFL form doesn't justify it - Schache and West's VFL form did but it didn't carry over to seniors. If each player does their bit (granted some players are obviously on another level compared to others), we win. Simples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams is a big in, everyone was hoping for Weightman to come in. Buku couldn't run out the game last week, lost Hunter due injury. We don't know the full story with Crozier. Seems like an unnecessary amount of melts for one debatable inclusion of Roarke? Okay, maybe his VFL form doesn't justify it - Schache and West's VFL form did but it didn't carry over to seniors. If each player does their bit (granted some players are obviously on another level compared to others), we win. Simples.

Has the standard of the vfl ever been lower? I doubt it.

Too many teams, small AFL lists and lots of injuries have reduced it to barely a step above local footy.

I don’t think you can take much out of VFL form these days.

Too many teams, small AFL lists and lots of injuries have reduced it to barely a step above local footy.

Also netball rules with 2 players needed in the 50 arcs

RE: Hannan
He played well in front of the ball and kept the forwards separate enough to function as a unit. He might not get heaps of the ball but he played his role well. He frequently must lead to make space OR to provide a wife open option IF his man lets him roam. The role is what English does well and Schache should do well BUT Schache can’t, so Hannan is a good inclusion.
:oops:

Didn't realise Hannan was a swing man.

BULLDOGS

B: B.Smith, A.Keath, B.Williams
HB: J.Johannisen, A.Naughton, P.Lipinski
C: C.Weightman, B.Dale, R.Smith
HF: M.Hannan, E.Wood, L.McNeil
F: A.Scott, J.Bruce, J.Sweet
FOLL: Z.Cordy, C.Daniel, T.Duryea
I/C: A.Treloar, M.Bontempelli, J.Macrae, T.Liberatore

EMG: Le.Young, R.West, L.Butler, H.Crozier

IN: B.Williams, C.Weightman, R.Smith
OUT: B.Khamis (omitted), L.Hunter (injured), H.Crozier (managed), R.West (managed)

Ah, Reverse Psychology
Why didn't I think of that?

1620990923930.png

You’re planning to eat Roarke Smith?! It’s a a left field call, mate, but I think you’re onto something here.
If that would stop him from playing tomorrow, I would. I'd take one for the team. A bit of Sweet Baby Ray's Bbq Sauce would be essential. How 'bout some ribs?

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what is the consensus on the drunken team lineup? Is Bevo trolling the whole industry now?

* I hope so 😂 hilarious!

Agreed big time
The thing is Bevo is contradicting himself. He blatantly said it was team balance why Wallis was dropped. As Mitch played as a tall adding English to the mix took his spot. I can understand this but with English out there is no excuse. Mitch has put in the hard yards but Roarke who has been average gets a game. Maybe Mitch has an opinion and does not drink Bevo’s cool aid.

The thing is Bevo is contradicting himself. He blatantly said it was team balance why Wallis was dropped. As Mitch played as a tall adding English to the mix took his spot. I can understand this but with English out there is no excuse. Mitch has put in the hard yards but Roarke who has been average gets a game. Maybe Mitch has an opinion and does not drink Bevo’s cool aid.

Wally is a third tall or inside mid. Roarke is a gut running winger. Not sure they are competing for the same spot.

Look at how many wingers we have unavailable- Vandermeer, Richards, Hunter, Jong, McLean all unavailable. Butler and Garcia are rookies, so I guess Smith isthe last one standing.

Personally I would play Wallis in Dunkley spot, but he’s not rated obviously there.

‘Hannah and Wally are the two competing for the third forwards spot.

Good to see melts a recipe for a chance to win

Do I think Smith is better than at least 5 missing out? Definitely not

Will this one selection make one iota of difference? Don't think so.

Structurally with our 0uts we have chosen close to our best Team.

Always hard away against Port. Unless we are blown away there is no result that will have a significant impact on where we finish other than the obvious of taking 4 points whenever you can

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So if a player struggles to shine in local footy standard VFL, wouldn’t you be concerned about their expected impact at AFL level?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back