Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a time before the 2016 election where it looked a bit like the Left were getting the upper hand on the Right. They replaced John Robertson with Luke Foley as NSW Opposition Leader and when he clashed with general secretary Jamie Clements, it was Clements who got forced out.

Of course Clements was replaced with Kaila Murnain, and both she and Foley ended up going down in flames for different reasons.

Now with Minns back, it looks like Clements might be back in an influential position despite all the ICAC stuff. Bit depressing if you are a NSW ALP member.

if NSW follows VIC, the end for this is coming

unions are becoming more reluctant to pony up the money they have traditionally done, and some have openly campaigned against the party here (CFMEU in particular). If the unions want to stop paying, they lose the right to their 50% on the preselection votes. Lose that, and it becomes much more about the branches (and the new rules make stacking much harder in vic - know from personal experience because i still cannot register for a branch due to covid: has to be in person, and voted on at a branch meeting with you there)

He would have been fine if his party hadn’t pushed him

Foley’s people took advantage of the Monis thing tI get rid of him
Can you think of anyone else who lost their job over it ?

Regardless of reasons and circumstances

Anyone else who lost their job over ALP factional manoeuvring? Can think of one or two

both parties have form on that (just the libs dont formalize their factions)

both parties have form on that (just the libs dont formalize their factions)
No arguments here, although I do think on balance the ALP's internal structure is quite a measure worse than the Liberals' from the perspective of your average rank-and-file members. Not only the union 50%, but the show-and-tell voting (not sure whether you still have that in Victoria).

My impression is that the Liberals' factions have historically been a bit more fluid - if only because they are more dependent on fealty to somewhat transient forceful personalities than structured and enduring factions. Although that has definitely been changing in recent years - the Christian right operates no differently to a Labor faction in many ways.

Last edited:
No arguments here, although I do think on balance the ALP's internal structure is quite a measure worse than the Liberals' from the perspective of your average rank-and-file members. Not only the union 50%, but the show-and-tell voting (not sure whether you still have that in Victoria).

My impression is that the Liberals' factions have historically been a bit more fluid - if only because they are more dependent on fealty to somewhat transient forceful personalities than structured and enduring factions. Although that has definitely been changing in recent years - the Christian right operates no differently to a Labor faction in many ways.

definitely more fluid. when it was the wets vs the dries, things were a bit more rigid but things have changed a lot since the wets got driven out. agree on the christiian right changing things

Both parties really need to make things more attractive and easy for normal voters to be involved in policy and preselection decisions. Most of the power of the factions comes from the steep decline in active political party membership over the last 50 years.

Agree

One of the reasons both sides branch stack so easily is branch numbers are so low

Aren't you the one cheerleading the short fat angry politicians in the Morrison thread?
Which ones? The criteria is
1) Short
2) Fat
3) Female
4) Angry
5) Opposition leader
6) Maybe short haired (got to add that aswell)

A short fat angry male opposition leader doesn't guarantee failure. Yeah it's sadly misogynistic and shallow but that's history and politics for ya. I don't agree with that view but I'll preach what I predict will happen.

I mean just look at what does

Judith Collins, Lisa harvey and Jodi have in common.

Which ones? The criteria is
1) Short
2) Fat
3) Female
4) Angry
5) Opposition leader
6) Maybe short haired (got to add that aswell)

A short fat angry male opposition leader doesn't guarantee failure. Yeah it's sadly misogynistic and shallow but that's history and politics for ya. I don't agree with that view but I'll preach what I predict will happen.

I mean just look at what does

Judith Collins, Lisa harvey and Jodi have in common.
what about a bin chook who doesn't need to know about that ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strangely, for someone usually so keen to impart his opinion on things, Caesar seems to have lost the power of speech in regards to this matter.............

It's ok mate, i'll be the man in this instance and answer -

******* NOBODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weak as piss mate
WEAK AS PISS

Strangely, for someone usually so keen to impart his opinion on things, Caesar seems to have lost the power of speech in regards to this matter.............

It's ok mate, i'll be the man in this instance and answer -

******* NOBODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weak as piss mate
WEAK AS PISS
Monis was a sideshow to what was really happening politically inside the major parties at that time, which is what I am interested in from a historical perspective

If you’re still bitter about some other random thing from seven years ago, that’s cool - just don’t be surprised if other people have moved on

Last edited:
Monis was a sideshow to what was really happening politically inside the major parties at that time, which is what I am interested in from a historical perspective

If you’re still bitter about some other random thing from seven years ago, that’s cool - just don’t be surprised if other people have moved on
It was a simple question.

Pissweak bro, thought you had a bit more go than that.

State govt quietly mentions the fact the western sydney speedway cost has doubled while the opposition is leaderless.

Not that caesar cares

:rolleyes:

Not with the *en PROTECTION RACKET for libs in place here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back