UEFA EURO 2020 (Italy Champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks cooked tbh. Had a great season but he's been sh*te for England. Doubt Spurs fans give a sh*t though.

Was more about him generally. I don’t watch much prem or talk about it much. Seems like a bit of a bell end but that’s just from face value. But he put out a pretty good 45 mins there… one hand away from a very handy goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the argument about it is why him over Sancho who had a much better season.

That wasn’t the tweet. The tweet was that Saka might only be starting because he destroyed his direct opponent tonight last season. I would start Sancho for England but Saka also had a very good season and Southgate has preferred him. Not really a big deal, I just interpreted the tweet as a slight against Saka who had a very good season in his own right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wasn’t the tweet. The tweet was that Saka might only be starting because he destroyed his direct opponent tonight last season. I would start Sancho for England but Saka also had a very good season and Southgate has preferred him. Not really a big deal, I just interpreted the tweet as a slight against Saka who had a very good season in his own right.

When you pick someone to play there's also an element of not picking someone else.. Everyone in the England squad is a good player who had a good season..

I can't help but wonder - Southgate was a defender, is his negative approach based on his personal playing experience, or is it something else?

Southgate has played 4 Defensive miss in this game, it's astounding. I really hope move on from him after this tournament, was a good steadying hand after previous debacle but his selections are just a parody at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back