AFC Asian Cup 2023 (Qatar Champions)

Who do you think will win AFC Asian Cup 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ooohhhhhh mighty Korea lost to Jordan with all those great players. How could Korea possibly lose to Jordan with those players on the park? Anyone who thought Jordan could beat them would be delusional ( aside from Zidane )

Hahahahaha.

Ooohhhhhh mighty Korea lost to Jordan with all those great players. How could Korea possibly lose to Jordan with those players on the park? Anyone who thought Jordan could beat them would be delusional ( aside from Zidane )

Hahahahaha.
More on Klinsman then anything.

Terribly used Son as CF. He likes the width and being alone. Didn’t have a good tournament whatsoever. Hwang Hee-Chen was used on the right when for Wolverhampton he’s central. Horrific coaching. No excuses not being in the final based the squad’s depth and eliteness

More on Klinsman then anything.

Terribly used Son as CF. He likes the width and being alone. Didn’t have a good tournament whatsoever. Hwang Hee-Chen was used on the right when for Wolverhampton he’s central. Horrific coaching. No excuses not being in the final based the squad’s depth and eliteness
Yup. They've got a front 3 that's top 20 in the world and they moved them all outta position

Bit of a random question here, and apologies if this comes across as daft and unaware. But...

Would the A League benefit from scouting Afcon and AFC players for overseas signings? Or is this already a common practice?
Players from Uzbekistan, Thailand and even Vietnam look like they could step up. Same with many players from Afcon (admittedly I've only watched highlights of this one).

It just seems like the A League could bring over players from Indonesia etc and see if it develops the league in a more beneficial format.

Bit of a random question here, and apologies if this comes across as daft and unaware. But...

Would the A League benefit from scouting Afcon and AFC players for overseas signings? Or is this already a common practice?
Players from Uzbekistan, Thailand and even Vietnam look like they could step up. Same with many players from Afcon (admittedly I've only watched highlights of this one).

It just seems like the A League could bring over players from Indonesia etc and see if it develops the league in a more beneficial format.
You'd imagine its the development of football in Australia first.
It's also a cost v risk assessment. I'm all for it tbh. Getting 30-35 year old washed up players from South America, England etc hardly does anything to the league. Adding some Asian talent will also boost the relationships of Australia to AFC.

You'd imagine its the development of football in Australia first.
It's also a cost v risk assessment. I'm all for it tbh. Getting 30-35 year old washed up players from South America, England etc hardly does anything to the league. Adding some Asian talent will also boost the relationships of Australia to AFC.
very hard to competed with the Middle East leagues throwing millions of $$$ at players too.

Also its a 4+1 rule with internationals in the A-League inside the cap so four internationals with an additional AFC player if a club want to add an Asian player or an additional Asian player. So clubs need to be wise who they bring in, It is a very cost over risk assessment.

Has any A League team had success/failure going down that route of trying to pick a gun Indonesian/Uzbekistan player before?

Australia are absolutely in the best 3-5 teams in Asia, but still need a superstar striker like Son or Taremi, otherwise everything is a painful grind.
Not necessarily a striker but goalscorer yeah I agree. Someone along the front 3 who can score a goal like son did when we aren't putting it on a plate.

Against Korea we actually probably created the best chances I've seen that team create in a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a BS penalty. Qatar defender, about a metre away from the shot, puts his hands to his face for protection, ball hits his hands (protects his face), penalty given for handball. Absolute joke.

That is a BS penalty. Qatar defender, about a metre away from the shot, puts his hands to his face for protection, ball hits his hands (protects his face), penalty given for handball. Absolute joke.
Nope.
Age old tradition of must having arms behind your back as a defender. Hands shouldn’t be up there

Back