League Cup League Cup 2023/24 (Winners: Liverpool)

League Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Why was the earlier goal by van Dijk disallowed?
Because Endo impeded a player while starting in an offside position.

The laws state that in situations where:

• a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball, this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball; if the player moves into the way of an opponent and impedes the opponent’s progress (e.g. blocks the opponent), the offence should be penalised under Law 12

Glad Chelsea lost.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

The thought of the trolling if Poch won the devil spawn something was unpleasant.

Because Endo impeded a player while starting in an offside position.

That's incredibly soft. You see that sort of block go unpunished several times a game.

Yes but he was offside when he did it, that's the pertinent point.
Endo was just standing there. It was softer than soft. Yes it was deliberate. Yes it was rehearsed.

If that is what you want VAR to be for - “technically by the letter of the law” - then you want to watch a different game than most.

I bet there were more than a few grabs of VVD’s shirt and arm and waist as he tried to burst through. But we don’t want football to end up the same as AFL where any jumper grab is instantly a penalty. But the “letter of the law” says a hold is a hold 🙄

* the letter of the law. Let them play.

Players are allowed to be offside. And Endo was not part of the play.
He was interfering with play from what I saw.

Besides the point though. It may just be for "drawing the line" type decisions. But I though the clear and obvious thing wasn't really a factor for offsides.

Endo was just standing there. It was softer than soft. Yes it was deliberate. Yes it was rehearsed.

If that is what you want VAR to be for - “technically by the letter of the law” - then you want to watch a different game than most.

I bet there were more than a few grabs of VVD’s shirt and arm and waist as he tried to burst through. But we don’t want football to end up the same as AFL where any jumper grab is instantly a penalty. But the “letter of the law” says a hold is a hold 🙄

* the letter of the law. Let them play.
Yes, we should only use the rules as a guideline and just play by "feel".

It was offside. He deliberately blocked Colwill. Enough said, you won congrats but stop crying the victim like always.

How is there so many Liverpool fans spending the day triggered rather than celebrating lol bizarre place this is.
Mate I rarely come on BigFooty and all I see when I do is triggered posts from you about Liverpool 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I rarely come on BigFooty and all I see when I do is triggered posts from you about Liverpool 🤣
Must be nice to invent s**t in your head 😂 probably the only thing I've ever said about Liverpool that's negative and it it's about the couple of posters not the team

Impeding an opponent is an offence regardless of whether the player starts in an offside position. If they paid it every time players did what Endo did there would be a dozen penalties every game.
I guess in the eyes of the rule makers etc, it isn't. Battling for a corner happens regularly and it's a contact sport. If they deliberately move into the path of a player with no intention to play the ball then yes it will and has been called a foul before. Sometimes it is more obvious than others.

Either way the point still stands, the goal was correctly chalked off and it isn't a VAR conspiracy against Liverpool.

Winning the league Cup is great. I know there are some more prestigious comps. But you don't think about that on the day.

Fantastic day out for the supporters, the players and staff love it and it's brilliant to get one under your belt leading into the final mo the of the season.

Don't understand any the "doesn't matter", "don't celebrate" talk.

I guess in the eyes of the rule makers etc, it isn't. Battling for a corner happens regularly and it's a contact sport. If they deliberately move into the path of a player with no intention to play the ball then yes it will and has been called a foul before. Sometimes it is more obvious than others.

Either way the point still stands, the goal was correctly chalked off and it isn't a VAR conspiracy against Liverpool.
Endo doesnt move though, he just stands his ground, the point of the play is like a screen in basketball. Endo stands there and Virg runs right next to him so the guy (Colwill) trying to run with him just runs into Endo.

Happens at every set piece in every game in every league. But they ruled it out.

Justice was done in the end anyways so not to worry.

Winning the league Cup is great. I know there are some more prestigious comps. But you don't think about that on the day.

Fantastic day out for the supporters, the players and staff love it and it's brilliant to get one under your belt leading into the final mo the of the season.

Don't understand any the "doesn't matter", "don't celebrate" talk.
I reckon it's a key competition IMO. Stay in it longer means more of your squad and youth are involved and get games and experience and then making the final is a great day out at Wembley for the fans and the players, great experience. Then if you win it, it's just a shot in the arm confidence wise for the run in at the end of the season. I love it. Glad we won it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back