UEFA EURO 2024 (Group Stage) - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have any Euro 2024 tickets they're willing to swap? I have the following:

Romania vs Qualifer x 4 (CAT 1)
Turkey vs Qualifier x 4 (CAT 1)

We will swap for Croatia matches.
That sounds like a fair deal. I'll happily swap my tickets to Croatia vs Italy and Croatia vs Spain to watch Romania and Turkey take on those spud teams.

I'll trade in my Lambo while I'm at it for your Hyundai.

That sounds like a fair deal. I'll happily swap my tickets to Croatia vs Italy and Croatia vs Spain to watch Romania and Turkey take on those spud teams.

I'll trade in my Lambo while I'm at it for your Hyundai.
You've clearly never been to a major tournament with that dumb response.

Any Turkish or Romanian person would do the trade to see their national team play.

Might want to read up on the Turkish diaspora in Germany and what that atmosphere will be like in Signal Iduna Park.

But yeah, you probably think an AFL cheer squad is real atmosphere.

3 World Cups and my 2nd Euros - I think I know what I'm doing - not my first rodeo.

Looking forward to the playoffs. I hope Greece get through I'd love to see a Portugal-Greece match 20 years on from those famous meetings.

Portugal's group almost indentical to the one they had at Euro 2008 which was won by Spain who will play Italy for a 5th straight Euro. France were also drawn with Holland at that Euro. Only 3 and a half months away now.

Looking forward to the playoffs. I hope Greece get through I'd love to see a Portugal-Greece match 20 years on from those famous meetings.

Planning a 20th anniversary rewatch of all 6 matches.

I think we're going to win the Euro ( England )

I believe France are our biggest threat and Portugal are stacked with talent. Germany should get their s**t together on home soil and Spain are the other one and they have some good omens on their side. Aside from that I don't see who else could challenge. Italy are as bad as I've ever seen them and Belgium just flop too much. Croatia might be one hurdle to far this major comp but they can never be ruled out. Took Spain to pens in the Nations League Final and 3rd place at the World cup.

I think we're going to win the Euro ( England )

I believe France are our biggest threat and Portugal are stacked with talent. Germany should get their s**t together on home soil and Spain are the other one and they have some good omens on their side. Aside from that I don't see who else could challenge. Italy are as bad as I've ever seen them and Belgium just flop too much. Croatia might be one hurdle to far this major comp but they can never be ruled out. Took Spain to pens in the Nations League Final and 3rd place at the World cup.
We are not winning it. We lack the mentality to win it.

France will win it.

I'm not convinced about France. There's no Benzema or Kante. Griezmann has an injury. Giroud is 53. They were fortunate to get past England and Morocco in the WC.
I believe we'll beat them if we meet but France are still more than capable. It doesn't matter about winning on luck it happens in soccer more so than any other sport in the world.

They were still worthy winners in both those games you mentioned. I know the chances both teams had, but so too did France.

Germany must be plotting something surely they'll have a few tricks up their sleeve. I don't care what happened the last few major tournaments Germany at home will take some stopping. I'll still fancy us against them.

I'm not convinced about France. There's no Benzema or Kante. Griezmann has an injury. Giroud is 53. They were fortunate to get past England and Morocco in the WC.
If not France, I think it could be the Netherlands, or perhaps Spain. Germany as hosts should always be in with a shout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If not France, I think it could be the Netherlands, or perhaps Spain. Germany as hosts should always be in with a shout.

I checked the odds on Sportsbet.

England $4.00
France $5.00
Germany $7.00
Spain $8.00
Portugal $9.00
Belgium $15.00
Italy $15.00
Netherlands $17.00

I can't see any teams outside those being in with a chance. But then you have the randomness of penalties. In the last Euros Switzerland beat France on pens, who then lost to Spain on pens, who lost to Italy on pens, then Italy beat England on pens in the final. The WC was similar with Argentina, Croatia, Morocco all getting into the semis after penalty shoot outs. The final was also decided by penalties.

Took me a while to figure out the highlights were under internationals instead of euro 2024. The ******* idiots. Could have still been under that, given they are the playoffs. The Greece game was ruined as I saw they're playing Georgia in the top of the screen. Believed they'd win anyway but whatever.

Bosnia choked but I'm glad Ukraine came back. You think they would have converted that penalty which they should have got vs Italy though nothing is for certain and pens do get saved and missed as England know all too well about. Glad to see them progress nonetheless. Israel blew their chance to qualify they were top of their group but ****ed up their final two games. Then now in the playoff just got killed after going one up. Poland humiliated Estonia.

Portugal in a friendly hammered Sweden 5-2 I think Portugal will go far semi finals at least but that's not going out on a limb. Leao at Milan is a talent and with Fernandes and all the other superb players they have going around the top clubs at Europe they're going to be extremely hard to beat again.

edited - Donnaruma actually saved a pen this morning in a friendly as it turns out who knows either way.

Last edited:
Netherlands are seriel chokers. But you never know teams do break through and they did win Euro 88. Only went out to Argentina at the world cup on penalties. But that's the game.

I don't see them being on England, France, Portugal's level. I'd even have them behind Spain and Germany.

As Frank Bunn said though penalties happen a lot in Soccer.

And it’s 3-0. Should see us safely through to face Georgia in four days time.

Good luck against Georgia.

The Euros haven't been going nearly as long than the World Cup but there's a longer list of winners, including outsiders like Greece, Denmark and Czechoslovakia. Correct me if I'm wrong but Greece are the only country to win the Euros in recent years without the assistance of a penalty shoot out in the tournament.

The Euros haven't been going nearly as long than the World Cup but there's a longer list of winners, including outsiders like Greece, Denmark and Czechoslovakia. Correct me if I'm wrong but Greece are the only country to win the Euros in recent years without the assistance of a penalty shoot out in the tournament.
That's because they used the silver goal rule.

Yeah, that’s correct. The winners from 2008-2020 all needed at least one penalty shootout in the knockout stage.

As Bradesmaen said, we did win with a silver goal in the Semi Final. 105th minute winner and then the match ended a few seconds after kickoff.

Yeah, that’s correct. The winners from 2008-2020 all needed at least one penalty shootout in the knockout stage.

As Bradesmaen said, we did win with a silver goal in the Semi Final. 105th minute winner and then the match ended a few seconds after kickoff.

There's no perfect way to resolve a drawn game. At least with golden or silver goal it's decided by events in normal play. Penalties are pretty random but are good entertainment so I think we are stuck with them.

Personally I think the final of major tournaments should have a replay scheduled for drawn games. Who wouldn't want to see Argentine v France or England v Italy again?

And? That's the rules. They scored, Czech's didn't. Who's to say they would have scored in the 2nd half anyway?

Good night.
backing up homer simpson GIF

There's no perfect way to resolve a drawn game. At least with golden or silver goal it's decided by events in normal play. Penalties are pretty random but are good entertainment so I think we are stuck with them.

Personally I think the final of major tournaments should have a replay scheduled for drawn games. Who wouldn't want to see Argentine v France or England v Italy again?
The schedule is already tight, how and why would they fit in replays?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back