UEFA EURO 2024 (Group Stage) - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Luxembourg won five matches. Helps being in a group with Liechtenstein but still almost qualified

That's actually a great effort by them to finish ahead of Iceland & Bosnia which have had decent teams of late.

They seem to have a decent side these days considering their population of 660k. Having a quick glance most of them are professionals.

Sure looked like a pen to me for Mudryk. Wow.

Usually the broadcaster would show heaps of replays. This time all we got was the live shot, one replay and they moved on. Highly suspicious IMO.

Sure looked like a pen to me for Mudryk. Wow.

Agreed. Muddy did embezzle the contact a little but the foul definitely looked there. Find it hard to imagine why a person sitting on VAR duties would not refer the referee to the video screen at the least.

Agreed. Muddy did embezzle the contact a little but the foul definitely looked there. Find it hard to imagine why a person sitting on VAR duties would not refer the referee to the video screen at the least.

Embellish?

RPCB There's a few replays on the Optus channel from about 2:30. Looks like a pen.

That is so nuts it didn’t go to VAR. But I guess Italy are just way sexier for UEFA, so play on.

Judging by recent events in the Premier League we can put it down to incompetence. But it was a crucial decision that pretty much cost Ukraine a place in the Euros.

I reckon VAR made two mistakes in the N Macedonia v England game. 22 minutes in, under no pressure Maguire gave the ball away. This is as near as he got to the ball as he bundled Elmas over in the box. No review.

1700552254230.png

About 30 seconds into these highlights. Rico Lewis jumps and heads the ball but accidently catches the forward in the face. Ref waves play on but VAR shows him a series of slow mos and still shots that make it look bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Germany will face Scotland on 14 June.

Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland
Group B: Spain, Croatia, Italy, Albania
Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England
Group D: Play-off winners A, Netherlands, Austria, France
Group E: Belgium, Slovakia, Romania, Play-off winners B
Group F: Turkey, Play-off winners C, Portugal, Czech Republic

Play-off winners A: Poland, Wales, Finland, Estonia
Play-off winners B: Israel, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Ukraine, Iceland
Play-off winners C: Georgia, Greece, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg

Germany will face Scotland on 14 June.

Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland
Group B: Spain, Croatia, Italy, Albania
Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England
Group D: Play-off winners A, Netherlands, Austria, France
Group E: Belgium, Slovakia, Romania, Play-off winners B
Group F: Turkey, Play-off winners C, Portugal, Czech Republic

Play-off winners A: Poland, Wales, Finland, Estonia
Play-off winners B: Israel, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Ukraine, Iceland
Play-off winners C: Georgia, Greece, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg

Fantastic! So on the 20th anniversary of Euro 2004, we have an opportunity to beat Portugal in the group stage and then in the Final.

Last edited:
Apparently Scotland are sniffing at Anthony Gordon and Harvey Barnes. Both of whom have represented England youth teams but have a grandparent who once drank an Irn Bru.

Meanwhile, Gareth Slowgate continues to select Rashford.

Who do you reckon will win it?

England and France are the favourites. I'd have to agree with that. Both have been in very good form throughout qualifying and had strong World Cups.

Germany have been dog s**t but at home I reckon they'll find some form.

Portugal's squad is stacked once more. Same with Spain.

Can you write off the Italians and Croatian's? Tournament teams and have that ability to go deep. Italy are hit and miss but we all know what happened last Euros. The difference is no Chiellini and Bonucci this time around. * those guys were super human.

Belgium and Holland. Continue to disappoint.

Thoughts?

Who do you reckon will win it?

England and France are the favourites. I'd have to agree with that. Both have been in very good form throughout qualifying and had strong World Cups.

Germany have been dog s**t but at home I reckon they'll find some form.

Portugal's squad is stacked once more. Same with Spain.

Can you write off the Italians and Croatian's? Tournament teams and have that ability to go deep. Italy are hit and miss but we all know what happened last Euros. The difference is no Chiellini and Bonucci this time around. * those guys were super human.

Belgium and Holland. Continue to disappoint.

Thoughts?
England should be the ones winning it, but they'll find a way to screw it up.

Anyone have any Euro 2024 tickets they're willing to swap? I have the following:

Romania vs Qualifer x 4 (CAT 1)
Turkey vs Qualifier x 4 (CAT 1)

We will swap for Croatia matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back