UEFA EURO 2024 (Group Stage) - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Greece are $1.60 to qualify I think that's a good bet and also $1.32 double chance which means they can either win or draw in the 90. I believe they'll get past Georgia.

TBH, it would be good if Georgia qualify for their first major tournament. Obviously Greece aren't Spain but Spain hammered them 7-1 away in Tibilisi last September.

Friendly or not and missing Saka and Kane that's ******* piss poor. Just beat a top level team for once in our ******* life. Weak as piss. Now I still fancy us to win Euros and once the tournament comes around I believe our intensity will be there but ffs, beat a ******* top level team.

France got destroyed at home by Germany. I kind of felt that being at home and with their talent they're going to take some serious stopping regardless if they've been well below par in recent tournaments. Portugal are on a 11 or 12 game winning streak or is it unbeaten? Probably winning streak and we've seen Italy twice in 06 and 2020 and Spain in Euro 2008 take out the trophy after long unbeaten runs.

France, England, Germany, Portugal. Only Spain outside of them have a shot imo and perhaps Croatia to a much lesser degree. Italy, Belgium and Holland are just too fragile especially Italy they should have faced Bosnia in the playoffs instead of Ukraine.

Friendly or not and missing Saka and Kane that's ******* piss poor. Just beat a top level team for once in our ******* life. Weak as piss. Now I still fancy us to win Euros and once the tournament comes around I believe our intensity will be there but ffs, beat a ******* top level team.

France got destroyed at home by Germany. I kind of felt that being at home and with their talent they're going to take some serious stopping regardless if they've been well below par in recent tournaments. Portugal are on a 11 or 12 game winning streak or is it unbeaten? Probably winning streak and we've seen Italy twice in 06 and 2020 and Spain in Euro 2008 take out the trophy after long unbeaten runs.

France, England, Germany, Portugal. Only Spain outside of them have a shot imo and perhaps Croatia to a much lesser degree. Italy, Belgium and Holland are just too fragile especially Italy they should have faced Bosnia in the playoffs instead of Ukraine.

Brazil had a pretty depleted squad. Not a very good outing for England leading up to the Euro’s. But as you said, they will be very good at the tournament. Just too much talent not to go far.

Brazil had a pretty depleted squad. Not a very good outing for England leading up to the Euro’s. But as you said, they will be very good at the tournament. Just too much talent not to go far.
Trying new players instead of Maguire and Rashford all the time might help. Especially when both are in abysmal form.

England were missing Kane, Saka, TAA, Shaw. Walker went off early. Brazil were missing Allison and Ederson, Neymar, Marquinhos, Casemiro, Martinelli, Jesus.

It was still a very good Brazil side. They had amazing ability to get the ball to each other under pressure. Paqueta was lucky to stay on the field after repeated fouls but England wouldn't have wanted to play out a practise game against 10 men. The boy Endrick is a future superstar.

Rice was England's best player as usual. The Chelsea boys Chilwell and Gallagher were both garbage. Bellingham showed some good touches. Gordon and Konsa had good debuts. Bowen was handy when he came on. England had many corners and free kicks in dangerous areas that came to nothing.

Yeah I still don’t see how that would work given a short turnaround time for people to purchase tickets again too.

The scheduling is easier if the final is the last game of the season like the FA Cup used to be. If a potential replay is planned the arrangements can be announced very shortly after a drawn final. The 1990 FA Cup final finished 3-3 after extra time. The replay was on the following Tuesday. It used to be that you had to stand in a queue at a ticket office but it would be pretty straightforward these days with electronic ticketing.

The scheduling is easier if the final is the last game of the season like the FA Cup used to be. If a potential replay is planned the arrangements can be announced very shortly after a drawn final. The 1990 FA Cup final finished 3-3 after extra time. The replay was on the following Tuesday. It used to be that you had to stand in a queue at a ticket office but it would be pretty straightforward these days with electronic ticketing.
It’s not as simple as ticketing though (and that’s not always straightforward). There so much to do with logistics that come into play. I work in the sporting landscape so it’s something that I am knowledgeable about.

It’s not as simple as ticketing though (and that’s not always straightforward). There so much to do with logistics that come into play. I work in the sporting landscape so it’s something that I am knowledgeable about.

It used to be a regular occurence. The 1990 FA Cup final replay was 4 days later on the following Tuesday evening with a full house at Wembley.

Why would it be harder now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're a goal down to Belgium thanks to a sloppy moment. Can we stop pretending England have any hope of winning the Euros please?

Felt sorry for Brainthwaite. Had to sit there in both games and watch Maguire and Dunk absolutely stink it up and never got given even a short run on in friendlies

It’s not right because everyone should get a go in friendlies but you just know that certain players will be starters at Euro 2024 no matter how they fair in the friendlies, so might as well play them in the friendlies over other players who won’t feature in Germany as much.

GJoW2SnXEAAQkKy

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're a goal down to Belgium thanks to a sloppy moment. Can we stop pretending England have any hope of winning the Euros please?

Pickford and Dunk with massive howlers for Belgium's goals. Bellingham missed two easy opportunities before he scored late. Mainoo's composure on the ball is amazing for his age. Southgate will probably pick Henderson in the Euros squad instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back