60: Steele (9 games with votes)
24: Dunstan (3)
22: Crouch (5)
13: Billings (2), Hill (2)
12: Membrey (2)
11: Ryder (2)
10: Jones (1)
7: Sinclair (2)
6: Gresham (1), Higgins (1), Ross (3), Wilkie (2)
5: King (2)
4: Howard (1)
3: Clark (2)
2: Marshall (1)
1: Highmore (1)

Ludicrous that Dunstan's now second on our list after only playing 6 games, getting votes in half of them.

Steele clearly winning the B&F by a mile, he's 7th in the AFL in this comp.
Steele and Dunstan both on four points per game played.

Sincas would be top 3 in the B&F now IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steele then daylight for sure

I'd imagine Sinclair, Crouch and Howard would all be pretty close after that.

Sincs took a while to really get going but his last 6 or so games have been fantastic.

Didn't get over 21 touches in his first 6 games and has managed to do that 6 times since.

He's like a sacrificial virgin goat when we have a bad loss… dropped after Port, Dogs and then Adelaide.

sacrificial-goat.jpg

That's ^ lethers holding him for Ratts to finish off.

I thought we already sacrificed the GOAT in the Hill trade ... Lonie is more of a sacrificial pigeon, surely?

The 4th quarter was down to coaching instructions IMO. Tactics changed, Doogs kicking out again n stuff
Collingwood also changed their style. Moved the ball forward a lot quicker which didn't give us time for our team defense to set up as well. Haven't looked at the stats, but we I assume our clearance work from stoppages probably dropped off and allowed the Pies to win the ball a lot more.

This is what Tony74 on SS had to say last week:

"All sounds so simple when it works [focusing on the positives]. The fortnight between games was a few days away from the club and then to revaluate what to do. The focus was on each player to work on what they did well, not what they have to get better with. Basically completely the opposite of what had been happening. As an example
Dunny. positive: Getting the ball. negative: Delivery. So Luke focused on his strength and not worried so much about the delivery.
Longy the same. positive: Attack on the ball. negative: Giving away free kicks
Seb. positive: Possessions. negative: Making the wrong choice in delivery. and so on for every player.
As every player has got their negatives if we concentrate too much on not making those mistakes we lose the focus on not doing the things that we are really good at.

This game it worked. Proof will be in the next few weeks"

It looks like for Dunstan that this is working and at least for 3/4 was still working ok for the group. l'll be very interested to see how we look against Brisbane.

Collingwood also changed their style. Moved the ball forward a lot quicker which didn't give us time for our team defense to set up as well. Haven't looked at the stats, but we I assume our clearance work from stoppages probably dropped off and allowed the Pies to win the ball a lot more.

I think it was as simple as not being able to get our hands on the pill so we could slow it down & chip the ball around like we did the previous week.

The filth got their act together in the midfield and denied us the ball.

This is what Tony74 on SS had to say last week:

"All sounds so simple when it works [focusing on the positives]. The fortnight between games was a few days away from the club and then to revaluate what to do. The focus was on each player to work on what they did well, not what they have to get better with. Basically completely the opposite of what had been happening. As an example
Dunny. positive: Getting the ball. negative: Delivery. So Luke focused on his strength and not worried so much about the delivery.
Longy the same. positive: Attack on the ball. negative: Giving away free kicks
Seb. positive: Possessions. negative: Making the wrong choice in delivery. and so on for every player.
As every player has got their negatives if we concentrate too much on not making those mistakes we lose the focus on not doing the things that we are really good at.

This game it worked. Proof will be in the next few weeks"

It looks like for Dunstan that this is working and at least for 3/4 was still working ok for the group. l'll be very interested to see how we look against Brisbane.

Thanks for sharing, but this is all the exact same stuff we heard after Ratts first started coaching from the players. That Richo focused too much on what they couldn't do but Ratts focused on what they could do.
Got no idea why those same lines have been trotted out once again.

I think it was as simple as not being able to get our hands on the pill so we could slow it down & chip the ball around like we did the previous week.

The filth got their act together in the midfield and denied us the ball.
4 of the pies goals came as a result of turnovers where we got caught out of position on the rebound.
That's 24 of the 34 points they scored. Although one of the turnovers lead to a really good Mark to mihocek against 3 saints.
Though at the ground, it was noticeable we were literally walking and stopped leading with about 7 mins to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's like a sacrificial virgin goat when we have a bad loss… dropped after Port, Dogs and then Adelaide.

sacrificial-goat.jpg

That's ^ lethers holding him for Ratts to finish off.

Nice phallic headwear. Not enough knob shaped millinery happening these days. Puts you off the whole goat sacrifice thing. Looks like a * draining blood into your claret jug while holding your scimitar as well.

Ziggy Angeldust. The Golliwog is slightly inappropriate these days but that's quite a commitment to fandom.

I can vouch for the fact that it's not a Golliwog ... it's actually a hand-knitted Saints teddy bear courtesy of the Craft Co-Op in Beaufort ... they often have numerous items in various team colours ... well worth a visit if you happen to be passing through.

1625562364424.png

4 of the pies goals came as a result of turnovers where we got caught out of position on the rebound.
That's 24 of the 34 points they scored. Although one of the turnovers lead to a really good Mark to mihocek against 3 saints.
Though at the ground, it was noticeable we were literally walking and stopped leading with about 7 mins to go.

Couple of times from behind the goals, it looked like our defence lost its cohesion/communication during the 4th - was almost as though two players were going for the ball, and neither pushed for the punch, which led to the Filth player marking semi-contested.

I can vouch for the fact that it's not a Golliwog ... it's actually a hand-knitted Saints teddy bear courtesy of the Craft Co-Op in Beaufort ... they often have numerous items in various team colours ... well worth a visit if you happen to be passing through.

View attachment 1172039

Well that's ruined my outrage.

Couple of times from behind the goals, it looked like our defence lost its cohesion/communication during the 4th - was almost as though two players were going for the ball, and neither pushed for the punch, which led to the Filth player marking semi-contested.

They started to crack the shits with each other.

I can’t help but think the club has burnt bridges with Dunstan & he will leave & make us look silly. I hope I’m wrong because I really like the way the campaigner goes about his business. Regardless if he is a Saint after this year I hope he does well wherever he is playing.
But to be fair to the club he was given chances and didn’t take them in the past

But to be fair to the club he was given chances and didn’t take them in the past
I reckon he’s been hard done by since Ratts took over. Ratts has been reluctant to play him alongside Steele. They both look better when they are playing in the same side. I also think the club expected too much from him when he was a younger player. Asked to do all the heavy lifting alone.

I reckon he’s been hard done by since Ratts took over. Ratts has been reluctant to play him alongside Steele. They both look better when they are playing in the same side. I also think the club expected too much from him when he was a younger player. Asked to do all the heavy lifting alone.
Think when he did get some chances his poor kicking skills cost him let’s hope he keeps it going, interested to see how he goes against a very good side like the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back