Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 18 - Saints v Port Sat July 17th 1:45pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozee - bottom 6
Gray - big out
Butters - big out
Fantasia - you took an injury plagued player so this is to be expected and he's bottom 6
Motlop - decent out
Jones - bottom 6

Paton - decent out
Higgins - decent out
Clark - decent out
Gresham - decent out
Coffield - bottom 6
Geary - bottom 6

Every team has their outs, right? Gives opportunity to other blokes to step up. We have four playing on the weekend that would have gone very close to being turfed from the list if they didn't pull their finger out. Which they have. While other fringe players have stepped up like Long that could possibly keep say Higgins out for an extra week as no need to rush him in as an example.
If you think Rozee and Fantasia are bottom 6 your clearly a troll. The fact you listed Motlop as a big out tells me you haven't watched a whole lot of port over the last couple years.

Find it hilarious that this game, with 19 cases today in Victoria, is still allowed to go ahead in Melbourne.
Anywhere else, and this is in another state. Double standards much?

The logic is just amazing behind that decision. Two Victorian teams in Essendon and Nth were scheduled to play at Marvel and they both get moved interstate but then they still bring in an interstate team to play at Marvel?

Im confused.

Find it hilarious that this game, with 19 cases today in Victoria, is still allowed to go ahead in Melbourne.
Anywhere else, and this is in another state. Double standards much?
There are two other games in Melbourne this weekend as well. There would only be so many games you’d be able to move at late notice. Especially with minimal places you can move them to.

Last edited:
adelaide oval was free.

what else was stopping them? Did we run out of planes?
You’ve got to be joking. We’ve played you over there once already this year. That’s about the last place the game would have been.

Since the pandemic started you’ve played 14 games at home against teams who don’t also play their home games there, while we’ve played just 6 at ours.

Genuine crowd and state advantage it’s 14 v 1.

Let’s be honest here, you guys were just desperately trying to weasel out of having to play us at our home ground. Even though you’ve already played us at yours this year, and have only played us 3 times at ours since 2003.

There are two other games in Melbourne this weekend as well. There would only be so many games you’d be able to move at late notice. Especially with minimal places you can move them to.

I think the main difference is that the two other games in vic this week are all between Victorian teams. Given the circumstances, this game should have been moved to Metricon and North/Ess stay at Marvel.

Then to make up for it schedule port to play the saints at Marvel again next year. Seems an odd decision that we are the only team travelling into Melbourne when everyone is fleeing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the main difference is that the two other games in vic this week are all between Victorian teams. Given the circumstances, this game should have been moved to Metricon and North/Ess stay at Marvel.

Then to make up for it schedule port to play the saints at Marvel again next year. Seems an odd decision that we are the only team travelling into Melbourne when everyone is fleeing.
you haven't played us here for 8 years - suck it up

you haven't played us here for 8 years - suck it up

This isn’t about not playing at Marvel based on who were playing, our positions or that we haven’t played you guys there for a while. It’s due to the outbreak and putting our players at higher risk travelling when we probably don’t need to be there.

I have no issue with playing the Saints at marvel under normal circumstances but this is not that right now

You’ve got to be joking. We’ve played you over there once already this year. That’s about the last place the game would have been.

Since the pandemic started you’ve played 14 games at home against teams who don’t also play their home games there, while we’ve played just 6 at ours.

Genuine crowd and state advantage it’s 14 v 1.

Let’s be honest here, you guys were just desperately trying to weasel out of having to play us at our home ground. Even though you’ve already played us at yours this year, and have only played us 3 times at ours since 2003.
We (as in port) haven’t tried to do anything so wtf are you on about?

People are questioning why a competition has moved teams from Victoria to play outside of Victoria because of rising covid cases decided to fly a team from Sa to Victoria, when there are other options.

I called out your (I’m paraphrasing) ‘there was no way they could have moved more games than they did’ claim as bullshit. Pointing out that there was in fact no logistical problem.

Eddie: "Happy 50th birthday Rats"
Rats: "Thanks Ed, I am getting old"
Eddie: "Well it sure beats the alternative".

He says to a bloke who lost his son. Twat.

To be fair that's a fairly common saying. You'd think he'd be more aware though.

Back