When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

How long do we ignore the F word for? 3 wins in the last 4, favorable run home, younger players finally being played in their natural positions and starting to develop. Promising signs...
2 games plus percentage out with 5 to go. Would need to win all of those and I think you are still miles off it. I’d be shocked if you win any more than 2 or 3

Seriously though...you need to beat 3 teams higher on the ladder than you then also make up about 10-15%. You're not making finals.

Should of let Cripps walked and taken the pick.
Agreed, with the evolution of Kennedy and the younger midfielders back on track I struggle to see how Cripps fits into the equation. Felt our midfield looked much more dynamic today with Kennedy taking over Cripps' role and players like Fisher finally getting a look in, Cripps has hurt us a lot this with costly clangers trying to do too much instead of playing his role.

1 game plus percentage champ, and those ahead have been on shaky ground of late.

They have been on shaky ground but you failed to make up ground when they were. Only 2 of West Coast, Essendon, Richmond or Gws need to fire in last 5 rounds and winning out wont be enough for Carlton.

Not that making finals is massive for any of these teams as none are winning the flag. With the Port away game in there, if you win out it would be huge going into preseason.

They have been on shaky ground but you failed to make up ground when they were. Only 2 of West Coast, Essendon, Richmond or Gws need to fire in last 5 rounds and winning out wont be enough for Carlton.
Outside of St. Kilda no other team contending for 7/8th has performed better in the last month. Definitely not out of the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve beaten Adelaide, Fremantle, Collingwood in that time. If that gives you confidence, so be it.
Can only beat who's put in front of us. Didn't take our chances against Geelong but those chances to win the game were still there. Tough draw early but things starting to turn now.

Can only beat who's put in front of us. Didn't take our chances against Geelong but those chances to win the game were still there. Tough draw early but things starting to turn now.

Can only beat who is in front of you an GWS dealt with you, Geelong did enough.

They are of a good standard those sides. The other 3 aren’t.

Can only beat who is in front of you an GWS dealt with you, Geelong did enough.

They are of a good standard those sides. The other 3 aren’t.
Standard of sides don't matter as much as getting the wins required to make the 8, big game against North next week with everything to play for.

You struggled to get over a garbage Collingwood side so I wouldn’t say your form is great. Walsh will have a down day eventually and when that happens you are cooked

They're not that garbage with some players back. They've started to have some good wins.

Their midfield was Grundy, Sidebottom, Adams, Pendles and De Goey - hardly garbage.

Our midfield was De Koning, Walsh, Kennedy and Dow. We had our 2 captains out plus our 2 depth ruckmen - Silvagni was our 2nd ruck ffs.

I've said it before (even after last week), but since the GWS game we're playing a lot better. Something has clicked, not everything but definitely something. Really like this core of leaders in Walsh, Weitering, McKay, Stocker and Silvagni - they have no problems taking games by the scruff of the neck. Handy that they're on every line too.

Still plenty of work to do.

Last edited:
Defeating the old enemy puts us in with a real chance of the finals. We are in 13th, just 4 points behind 8th. We have North next, and I am tipping 9th through to 12th all to lose their games. We could be 9th a week from now. We sneak into the 8 this season and I think it sets the perfect platform to truly launch into contention in 2022.

I thought game was poor but we won. Showed me again that the talent is there if we can harness it.

Weitering Walsh Stocker Dow McKay TDK Williams Saad is the core of a very good side. Kennedy showed what can happen if your given a chance in your proper spot

Spot on, Soap. My brain spends most time during games thinking about what we could be with a good coaching crew.

I can't recall a single game under DT where I think we've overachieved (maybe Geelong last year) but plenty where we"ve either underachieved or made par. A Clarko, Pyke or Lyon with a supportive Footy Manager would be a sight to behold with this group.

Should of let Cripps walked and taken the pick.

Only time will tell on that but for now, they finally made the right call today. Don’t play injured players for no reason. You’re not playing finals or winning a flag, so give him time to get better and get a look at somebody else in the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back