Carlton 2024 - Are they being overestimated?

Are the expectations on the 2024 Blues being overestated?

• Yes

Votes: 64 68.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 31.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think 9 goals to 2 in a qtr and half is worth being concerned about, especially for Carlton who should have had something to prove

Football these days is all about momentum, goal runs are becoming more and more common, shoot outs becoming less and less.

To answer your concerns I think Weitering will go a long way to fixing whatever happened in the first quarter. Definitely our most important player.

Last year Adelaide kicked 8 of the first 9 goals against Carlton, we somehow managed to make the prelim despite this. Adelaide ended up missing the finals. And they were so damn close too. Wouldn’t read too much into round 0 form or any early season form.

So you don’t think there were high expectations on carlton?

Sure there are. Are there not on Brisbane? Collingwood? Sydney? Gold Coast?

4 points are 4 points, they're not more valuable to one club in round 1 just because you expect more of them across a 23 round season.

So you don’t think there were high expectations on carlton?
By who? The idiots in the media? The only reason for that is because we generate clicks because we're one of the biggest clubs in history with a total nuffie supporter base.

Ask most Blues fans and most of would say we are just hoping to get back to finals before we go talking about premierships or anything else.

Sure there are. Are there not on Brisbane? Collingwood? Sydney? Gold Coast?

4 points are 4 points, they're not more valuable to one club in round 1 just because you expect more of them across a 23 round season.

Carlton are rated higher than Sydney and Gold Coast, and those didn’t start so poorly.

Brisbane have way more credits in the bank headed into the season than carlton, they’ve wanted the right to be considered a favourite, which is my point

Carlton are rated higher than Sydney and Gold Coast, and those didn’t start so poorly.

Not really, Carlton and Sydney are rated similarly.

Both have as much to prove as every other club in round 1.

Laughable to suggest Carlton have more to prove than Brisbane, coming off a GF loss, and i believe the only side to feature in finals for the past 5 years consecutively.

Brisbane have way more credits in the bank headed into the season than carlton, they’ve wanted the right to be considered a favourite, which is my point
Rated by who? The Media w***ers and Kane Cornes who rates teams to mozz them??

No Carlton supporter i know is talking flags or Top 4 and most are happy to just make finals again and see what happens. Our best footy is good but we can be real bad on a s**t day and until this is eradicated we are always gunna be just around the mark in such an even competition regardless what happened last night.

So... beating the flag favourite on their home turf...

I hope the Pies start as poorly as Carlton

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really, Carlton and Sydney are rated similarly.

Both have as much to prove as every other club in round 1.

Laughable to suggest Carlton have more to prove than Brisbane, coming off a GF loss, and i believe the only side to feature in finals for the past 5 years consecutively.

Contradictory statement. A gf loss and a consistent finalist means there’s only one question left for Brisbane.

There’s a few more on carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contradictory statement. A gf loss and a consistent finalist means there’s only one question left for Brisbane.

There’s a few more on carlton

You can ask many questions about each side, ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

If you don't think Brisbane have something to prove you have rocks in your head. Very good side, but have arguably underachieved despite being a constant in September.

You can ask many questions about each side, ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

If you don't think Brisbane have something to prove you have rocks in your head. Very good side, but have arguably underachieved despite being a constant in September.
Yes I agree but I think Carlton have more to prove

I expect us to make finals and at best make it back to the prelim. Our small forwards are as bad as any in the league, we need some silk and dare up forward or Curnow and McKay will be run ragged by teams double and triple teaming them each game.

I expect us to make finals and at best make it back to the prelim. Our small forwards are as bad as any in the league, we need some silk and dare up forward or Curnow and McKay will be run ragged by teams double and triple teaming them each game.
Motlop back will help - hopefully not far away. Our best small forward imo

Still miles off it. Bobs up for a couple of goals every now and then but he's not an inside 50 target.

24 goals from a 19 year old small forward in his second season isn't "miles off it".

I agree we need more dangerous players inside 50 at the feet of Charlie and Harry, but that seems a very harsh critique of a young player who has shown plenty.

Still miles off it. Bobs up for a couple of goals every now and then but he's not an inside 50 target.
Its not even that we don't have any small forwards who could be considered 'targets', we get nowhere near enough from any of them working off Curnow and McKay's contests at the drop of the ball.

Start of the year thought we were in the 4th-6th bracket. Not much has happened to change that view. We could get better and rise to upper reaches or be worse and be borderline top 8.

Comp is super even as we all know:

Back