Port Adelaide 2024 - Are they being underestimated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess I knew what to expect opening this thread but still, there is one solitary post from Port supporter in this thread that doesn't sook about the coach and manages to discuss actual players.

Back to regular season programming I guess. So.......Kenny Hinkley IS Port Power.
Thats the most entertaining part of the thread actually.
And it's Kenny AND Kochie are Port Power. They're an inseperable combo.

On topic: I find it very hard to see Port missing the 8. Can't see any implosion happening there. Can't see them winning the flag either though. Which brings us back to Ken and Koch😂.

Last edited:
Thats the most entertaining part of the thread actually.
And it's Kenny AND Kochie are Port Power. They're an inseperable combo.

On topic: I find it very hard to see Port missing the 8. Can't see any implosion happening there. Can't see them winning the flag either though. Which brings us back to Ken and Koch😂.
There's the rub. They have had a few years in Kenny's time where you could say this, and they finish 10th.

There's the rub. They have had a few years in Kenny's time where you could say this, and they finish 10th.
Kenny keeps telling them not to be predictable😂.

The Port board will be entertaining if they finish 10th this year. I will be a regular lurker. Can't see it happening though.

If Ken was ever actually going to coach a single premiership in his failure of a career, than 2024 is probably one of the better chances he'll get. As we've made as many changes as possible outside of his own position. Including:

- A new leadership group, captained by a young 2xAA and former top 5 pick.

- Warren Tredrea's entry onto the club board, an actual Port Adelaide premiership captain with a much more critical and constructive voice than any of the other flogs on our current board.

- New training facilities have been finished and would hopefully support the playing groups physical conditioning for gameday.

- Our long time assistant coach Nathan Bassett has finally been given the flick after probably a few years too long at the club (Although replacing him with Tyson Goldsack is a risk as he's mostly unproven, and the team should've looked externally to find a replacement)

On paper the list looks better equipped for depth as well, but we said the the same things at the start of 2015 as well as 2018, and we didn't even make the finals those years.

Also since the club was stupid enough to give Ken 2 extra years instead of 1, he basically has all the freedom in the world to still screw up this year and not be held accountable, as has been the case ever since he came here. That being said we won't get any better next year than we already are this year, especially without any access to the first round of the draft.

On paper we improve in 2024, in practice though we've botched up this exact scenario multiple times already.

If Ken was ever actually going to coach a single premiership in his failure of a career, than 2024 is probably one of the better chances he'll get. As we've made as many changes as possible outside of his own position. Including:

- A new leadership group, captained by a young 2xAA and former top 5 pick.

- Warren Tredrea's entry onto the club board, an actual Port Adelaide premiership captain with a much more critical and constructive voice than any of the other flogs on our current board.

- New training facilities have been finished and would hopefully support the playing groups physical conditioning for gameday.

- Our long time assistant coach Nathan Bassett has finally been given the flick after probably a few years too long at the club (Although replacing him with Tyson Goldsack is a risk as he's mostly unproven, and the team should've looked externally to find a replacement)

On paper the list looks better equipped for depth as well, but we said the the same things at the start of 2015 as well as 2018, and we didn't even make the finals those years.

Also since the club was stupid enough to give Ken 2 extra years instead of 1, he basically has all the freedom in the world to still screw up this year and not be held accountable, as has been the case ever since he came here. That being said we won't get any better next year than we already are this year, especially without any access to the first round of the draft.

On paper we improve in 2024, in practice though we've botched up this exact scenario multiple times already.
If they bomb this season could the club just pay him out. The embarrassment would bring you one step closer to getting rid of Kochie

If they bomb this season could the club just pay him out. The embarrassment would bring you one step closer to getting rid of Kochie
Port's financial position is miles away from the "Tarp" era and we are more of a mid table club in terms of financial clout thses days (this actually one of the good things Koch's regime has done). It is non sensical that clubs like St Kilda, North, Gold Coast, GWS can shoot coaches on a whim but Port supporters are fed the line that they can't afford to pay out the coach. It's complete bullshit and the "Stability" mantra the current board has run with by re signing a dud coach over and over is an indictment on Koch. The guy has zero idea about the core business.

Port's financial position is miles away from the "Tarp" era and we are more of a mid table club in terms of financial clout thses days (this actually one of the good things Koch's regime has done). It is non sensical that clubs like St Kilda, North, Gold Coast, GWS can shoot coaches on a whim but Port supporters are fed the line that they can't afford to pay out the coach. It's complete bullshit and the "Stability" mantra the current board has run with by re signing a dud coach over and over is an indictment on Koch. The guy has zero idea about the core business.
How about I throw money on your team to make the grand final and win it? LoL

Great midfield in the making, but play dumb rushball forward of centre with zero cohesion (a mark on a lead is like a miracle) & will still struggle in D50 against smart sides with good small forwards..

oh and coached by the worlds biggest loser so anywhere from 4th to 15th.

I have Port in the Grand Final vs Brisbane. Great mids, fine coaches, enough class to overcome #VICBIAS.

That's with my rational brain, my amygdala says Pies will trounce [whoever] as flag two of our destined fourpeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you guys seen groundhog day? Ken is the master of the H/A season where he absolutely pumps and mismanages our high range players to the point where they're ****ed by the time finals comes around.

Why you ask?

To get a contract extension.

And it works, every. Time.

5-8th prediction with a shitshow come finals series. If 2017 didn't show you, if 2021 didn't show you, if ******* 2023 didn't show you....let 2024 be the cherry on top. Once the bald money merchant pisses off, we'll be in much better hands with this list. I'll take back Primus at this point.

Our 4th string midfielder is a Brownlow medallist, our 6th string midfielder has a Brownlow 2nd and 3 x All Australians. We have 9 players that have an All- Australian jumper.

But we have Hinkley and that evens it out.
if Port and North Melboune trade coaches, would that be a win for both clubs? lol

if Port and North Melboune trade coaches, would that be a win for both clubs? lol
LOL at least we wouldn't have to hear them whining about Polec, Pittard and Horne-Francis after 5 rounds of them putting up with Stinkers coaching. As much as I hate Norf I'm not much of a campaigner.

Last edited:
Port will finish top 4. Too much talent and home ground advantage not to do so.
Finals are a lottery, Pies were only a woeful Melbourne forward line and flip of the coin vs GWS and Bears away from defeats last year. Not taking anything away from the Pies, they don't freeze when things get ropey, they keep playing and take the opportunities.
I feel that this year, will be Kenough for Port! Port supporters don't know what a gem they've got.
I'm just Ken, anywhere else I'd be a 10....

Finals are a lottery, Pies were only a woeful Melbourne forward line and flip of the coin vs GWS and Bears away from defeats last year. Not taking anything away from the Pies, they don't freeze when things get ropey, they keep playing and take the opportunities.
I feel that this year, will be Kenough for Port! Port supporters don't know what a gem they've got.

That bit is false.

It is almost like having a coach who says "finals are scary" isn't conducive to your team performing confidently on the big stage and in big moments in big games.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back