Sydney and Port Adelaide being AFL controlled is why their coaches escape media scrutiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's say you're right, and Hinkley is the Barassi equivalent (he isn't but let's say he is). If Barassi coached for as long as Donuts Hinkley did he would be coaching Sydney in the 2004 season, and contracted for the 2005 season. No Eade, no Roos. This Barassi doesn't make the 1996 grand final. Is a 12-years-in Barassi winning the 2005 premiership?

After Geelong had their lowest ever finish they brought in Bomber Thompson, won 2 premierships, and still felt comfortable moving him on after 11 years. Taper are you saying "But he saved the club he should be around forever" about him as well?

We're the only club beholden to keep on the longest serving loser in AFL history, and we're told we're stupid for wanting anything else. It's a joke
Remember where Sydney were at when Barassi arrived?
Remember where Port were at when Hinkley arrived?
It's a valid comparison and the fact Port have decided to hold onto Hinkley for as long as they have doesn't change that.

Also, we didn't get rid of Thompson.
He chose to resign as coach because he was feeling burnt out after 11 years in the job.

Remember where Sydney were at when Barassi arrived?
It's a valid comparison and the fact Port have decided to hold onto Hinkley for as long as they have doesn't change that.

Also, we didn't get rid of Thompson.
He chose to resign as coach because he was feeling burnt out after 11 years in the job.
You love to weirdly post about the Adelaide teams, more specifically Port, but this post proves beyond any reasonable doubt that you are either trolling or simply have NFI. Or a Hinkley relative as a third option....which probably points back to option 2.

Yes I do. 14th.

Western Bulldogs were 15th. They've since made two grand finals and won a flag. Melbourne were 16th. They've since won a flag. GWS were 18th. They've since made a grand final.

You love to weirdly post about the Adelaide teams, more specifically Port, but this post proves beyond any reasonable doubt that you are either trolling or simply have NFI. Or a Hinkley relative as a third option....which probably points back to option 2.
You love to post about Victorians a lot.
South Australians think Victorians are out to get them.
Yes I do. 14th.

Western Bulldogs were 15th. They've since made two grand finals and won a flag. Melbourne were 16th. They've since won a flag. GWS were 18th. They've since made a grand final.
Melbourne are an MCG tenant club.
Far easier for them to win flags than it is for non MCG tenant clubs.

Bulldogs under Beveridge have been stuck in mid table mediocrity not too dissimilar to Port under Hinkley.
They had luck on their side in 2016 and 2021 as they didn't have to face dynasty teams in the preliminary finals.

Ken took Port to within a kick of a grand final in 2014 and got close again in 2020, it's just unlucky they came up against dynasty teams in the preliminary finals.

Bulldogs under Beveridge have been stuck in mid table mediocrity not too dissimilar to Port under Hinkley.
They had luck on their side in 2016 and 2021 as they didn't have to face dynasty teams in the preliminary finals.

Ken took Port to within a kick of a grand final in 2014 and got close again in 2020, it's just unlucky they came up against dynasty teams in the preliminary finals.
Who did the Bulldogs beat in the 2021 prelim again? Your post glossed over that part for some reason.

I think Taper is Ken. Far too protective of him for someone with no skin in the game.
Easiest way to check would be to see if he's posted between late September and early February or if he goes on a classic Donuts sabbatical then

Who did the Bulldogs beat in the 2021 prelim again? Your post glossed over that part for some reason.
Like I said, the Bulldogs didn't have to face a dynasty team in either the 2016 or 2021 preliminary finals.
You can say the Bulldogs were a little fortunate with the umpiring in the 2016 preliminary final.

2021 preliminary final on the other hand - it appeared to be a case of Port players drinking their bathwater after beating us in the qualifying final two weeks earlier, and I don't think you can blame the coach for that.

2021 preliminary final on the other hand - it appeared to be a case of Port players drinking their bathwater after beating us in the qualifying final two weeks earlier, and I don't think you can blame the coach for that.
Lol. You can absolutely blame the coach for that. That's, like, one of the main things you can blame a coach for.

What do Ken Hinkley's defenders think a coach actually does? Apparently he has no responsibility for the quality of our list and no responsibility for getting the players up mentally for big games. Just the world's highest paid interchange steward I guess.

Nah you clearly didn't watch the game. Positional moves were just ridiculous in sone ways.

Example..

Willem Drew kept Liberatore to just 17 touches in the final minor round when Port beat the Bulldogs.
So what does smart Ken do?
Drew starts on the bench.
And Libba gets the first clearance. And the second. Gets 5 touches in the first 5 minutes and 10 in the first quarter when the damage was done.
Smart Ken then realises, puts Drew back on Libba.
Libba gets just 10 touches in the last 3 quarters.
Good Ken. Smart Ken. Here, have a contract extension.

How many coaches are out there who are better than Longmire or Hinkley?

A coach has to be replaced with someone, ideally someone better, we all realise that right?

How many coaches are out there who are better than Longmire or Hinkley?

A coach has to be replaced with someone, ideally someone better, we all realise that right?

How many coaches are out there who are better than Buckley or Cameron?

Oh, two guys who have never had a head coach job before but instantly made their club exponentially better?

How many coaches are out there who are better than Buckley or Cameron?

Oh, two guys who have never had a head coach job before but instantly made their club exponentially better?

So 1 example of it working (as per this threads demands of a premiership). How many counter examples do you reckon I could come up with? Maybe 100?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot speak for Port Adelaide and Hinkley.

But as a Swans fan I am very comfortable and happy with Longmire, yes our record in grand finals isn't brilliant, but he traditionally has us around the mark and I think he is one of the best coaches at developing/ nurturing talent in the game.

I wouldn't want to risk what we have for a potential untried coach

So 1 example of it working (as per this threads demands of a premiership). How many counter examples do you reckon I could come up with? Maybe 100?

What the s**t are you talking about? The vast majority of coaches who won a premiership haven't won one before. It's much rarer for an experienced premiership coach to win another one at a second club.

It's completely without any precedent for someone to win one, when they haven't even made a grand final in 12 years.

Changing coaches doesn't guarantee you a flag. Of course not. It doesn't guarantee you'll get better. But it gives you a chance.

Chance of ken Hinkley winning a flag after 11 years and no grand finals, doing something that no one has ever done in 130+ years of AFL history: maybe 2%.

Chance of port winning a flag at some point in the next 4 years, with a stacked midfield of butters, Rozee and JHF with a new coach: at least 25%.

We have no hope. Despite another top 4 finish looking likely, basically no one thinks we're a chance, because we've got the same inefficient game style, and the same mentally weak coach instilling his anxiety and fears in the players.

Was getting rid of Leon Cameron a bad move? Kingsley spanked ken in the semi final last year and GWS are now flag favourites.

I cannot speak for Port Adelaide and Hinkley.

But as a Swans fan I am very comfortable and happy with Longmire, yes our record in grand finals isn't brilliant, but he traditionally has us around the mark and I think he is one of the best coaches at developing/ nurturing talent in the game.

I wouldn't want to risk what we have for a potential untried coach

You can have Kenny

You can have Kenny
Opposition fans and media personalities all talk about how great Hinkley is for Port... but when it comes to having Hinkley coaching their own club.. they wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole! Says it all really!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back