Ben Brown - Where's the scrutiny?

Remove this Banner Ad

a second rounder which we traded for Stephenson who has 21 goals this year so far and will be a key part of our forward line
Ah yes, you gave pick 28 to Melb for 26 and 33.
Then on traded those picks for Stevo and a fringe player (Ato) and 39?

So essentially Brown and 28 for Stevo and 39.

Can kick a goal, but serious question marks on whether Clarko can shift his attention to being a team player and doing the simple defensive things up forward. I don’t think he will put up with the antics he showed last year. Could be one that goes either way with the new coach imo.

Ah yes, you gave pick 28 to Melb for 26 and 33.
Then on traded those picks for Stevo and a fringe player (Ato) and 39?

So essentially Brown and 28 for Stevo and 39.

Can kick a goal, but serious question marks on whether Clarko can shift his attention to being a team player and doing the simple defensive things up forward. I don’t think he will put up with the antics he showed last year. Could be one that goes either way with the new coach imo.
A great deal by us

Sleevo will be a mainstay of the forward line for the next 5 years at least and when we start to do well will be getting 40 goals a year

On track for 30-35 this year

A great deal by us

Sleevo will be a mainstay if the forward line for the next 5 years at least and when we start to do well will be getting 40 goals a year

On track for 30-35 this year
Won’t be the goals he kicks that keeps him out of the team. It will be the shitful defensive efforts and lazy brain farts like forgetting to man the mark in front of goal like he did last year.

Clarko doesn’t like players who refuse to defend.

Amartey would be a good fit. Dees should offer overs while Viney and Gawn still have a couple years left.
No Way Reaction GIF

I’m still waiting to hear why a guy who has got all he can from himself, forged a very decent career with multiple top 5 goal scoring years and a flag, and still showed worth in his current contract for a period of it “needs” to face “scrutiny”.

Perhaps he can do some lessons with 16 goals 22 behinds Jamarra - a number 1 draft pick kicking like that? Where is the scrutiny? Tear him and his family apart!

He was poor in last years finals and if he was in form now they would probably be clear premiership favs as it would fix their whole forwardline.

But he helped them win a flag in 21, thats enough to make the contract a win.

You've posted about Ben Brown in like 10 of 45 posts, now including a main board thread.

Why?

Strange isn't it. Some people just love or hate certain players.

Ben Brown achieved what he set out to do, more power to him.

Doesn't have to deliver over many years if that player helps you win one flag. A multi-year deal is worth it to win that one flag (for Melbourne, their first in 60 years). Lots of expensive multi-year deals get given to players who don't and won't ever contribute to a flag. Helping a club win one premiership is enough for the deal to have paid off. (Tom Boyd and Ben Brown are both Premiership players for the rest of their lives).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gun player in his day. I remember him arriving vs Essendon in the 2014 Elimination final. There's a lot of players at the back end of their careers earning more coin than they probably deserve running around in the VFL. Brown is hardly noteworthy.

Not gonna lie, He was one of my favourite non dockers players in the last 10 years. Even more suprising that he is a dockers fan too.

Saying that, He was out of contract at the end of 2020. Me personally, if I was Ben Browns agent at the start of 2020, I would of taken that 3 year extension at $750,000 a year.

Only served 7 seasons at North. If he was in his 8th season, Demons could of just got him as a free agent anyway.

but what turned out to be an unexpected trade To the demons, Ben Brown got a premiership medal. It was a blessing in disguise in the end.

If its true that has knees have given up on him, that would be Sad. I was hoping he would play until he was 35 or 36 and ended his playing career when Tassie comes into the AFL.

I think you meant to say ‘Premiership player Ben Brown’. I couldn’t give a * if he never plays again after 2021. Love the great man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back