Matthew Nicks - Where's the pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Why were the Crows so confident in Nicks by recently re-signing him for a two year extention?

So far this season Adelaide seem to have a lack of pressure at contests are a worsening of skills by foot and hand, when alot would have expected them to be pushing for finals.

Has he already lost the dressing room?

Nicks has been handed a midfield of Keays and Crouch along with an ageing former small back pocket … by this man !!!

View attachment 1943467

Nicks, young Reid and a number of other failures were all appointed by … this man !!!

View attachment 1943471

Honestly criminal that Reid jr was given a gig after his dad engineered the whole Tippett debacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do the Adelaide players look like they’re in round 23 while everyone else is in round 3? Never seen such tired legs so early in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do the Adelaide players look like they’re in round 23 while everyone else is in round 3? Never seen such tired legs so early in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You obviously didn’t have Laird in your fantasy team last year and endured his first 4 matches ..

How many games do you reckon the Crows go into where they have the most talented player in either side? Or even in either defence, midfield and attack?

Added to that, they play some of the dumbest footy I've seen.

There are a decent chunk of bulldogs fans (myself included) who were/are apoplectic at Bevo being given an unnecessary two year extension last year. He is a premiership coach, made a grand final and a few other finals series in recent history.

That Nicks would be given his extension on what feels like the basis that his team were in a bunch of games vs good teams last season, and that some media members thought they’d be an improver, is baffling.

Why were the Crows so confident in Nicks by recently re-signing him for a two year extention?

So far this season Adelaide seem to have a lack of pressure at contests are a worsening of skills by foot and hand, when alot would have expected them to be pushing for finals.

Has he already lost the dressing room?
Their best 5 players week in week out won't be there in 3 years time. Their youth is mediocre or underperformed.

Could be development, could be recruiting. Either way they're in big trouble

Baffled as to why Nicks seems to have changed the game plan in the off season to one that completely goes against Adelaide’s strengths… they played with such dare and quick ball movement in the games I saw them do well in last season. Now more often than not they just seem to go slowly and then kick long up the line.

Doesn’t help having Laird, Crouch, Dawson and - until this week - Berry playing in the same midfield. Far too slow and getting badly beaten on the spread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back