Opinion Realistically...where's your club finishing and why? (Unbiased edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

The last time Geelong didn't bounce back and improve after a poor season was 2003.

There's about 12 extra players who have had a full pre season.

Our 2020/2022 BnF midfielder is back.

A softer draw and early games at GMHBA.

Anything below 10th would be surprising. Finals expected. Top 4 would need everything to go right.

About 7th or so I guess.

🤣🤣🤣 You aren’t making finals. You’re even beatable at GMHBA now.

🤣🤣🤣 You aren’t making finals. You’re even beatable at GMHBA now.
Geelong are 9th favourite by bookies to make finals, a whisker off Adelaide in 8th.

I wouldn't have thought it was an outlandish prediction if the consensus is a flip of the coin.

Richmond are equal 4th favourites to make bottom 4, in case you didn't know. I reckon that's a bit harsh but I guess Geelong has better kids coming through.

Geelong are 9th favourite by bookies to make finals, a whisker off Adelaide in 8th.

I wouldn't have thought it was an outlandish prediction if the consensus is a flip of the coin.

Richmond are equal 4th favourites to make bottom 4, in case you didn't know. I reckon that's a bit harsh but I guess Geelong has better kids coming through.
Geelong probably in that same cluster of middle pack teams, either just make finals or just miss out.

Won't make top 4, but won't bottom out either.

Bet the bookies thought the same thing last year how did that turn out 🤣

Think for yourself stop being such a sheep, you do it with everything. It comforts you like a warm blanket, so weird.
There are surprises every year. It shows the prediction was hardly a wild one, that's all.

For some reason basic things like this make you wet yourself in despair. It'll be okay.

There are surprises every year. It shows the prediction was hardly a wild one, that's all.

For some reason basic things like this make you wet yourself in despair. It'll be okay.

It will be a wild one when you don’t make finals. Enjoy 2024.

9th to 12th.

i feel like we’re improving, but still way too young. unbiased I expect us to look poor in quite a few games, but start to gel as a team mid Season before fading due to youth.

maybe 11 to 14th more realis

While I think North will remain in the bottom 6, I still think it is fairly difficult to predict how we will go because we are such a young team with too many unknowns.
  • How will our new kids, in particular McKercher and Duursma perform at AFL level?
  • Can Sheezel take the next step?
  • Can LDU and Wardlaw play 20+ games?
  • How will our backline function until Logue returns?
  • How will our young midfielders go against stronger. more experienced units?
  • Who will support Larkey up forward?
  • How will Xerri perform without Goldstein at the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I think North will remain in the bottom 6, I still think it is fairly difficult to predict how we will go because we are such a young team with too many unknowns.
  • How will our new kids, in particular McKercher and Duursma perform at AFL level?
  • Can Sheezel take the next step?
  • Can LDU and Wardlaw play 20+ games?
  • How will our backline function until Logue returns?
  • How will our young midfielders go against stronger. more experienced units?
  • Who will support Larkey up forward?
  • How will Xerri perform without Goldstein at the club?
I'm optimistic about North. Not finals of Course but best case I was thinking 10th to 13th. That would be huge for them. Everything has to right but they've got some talent. Maybe need more forwards.

Geelong probably in that same cluster of middle pack teams, either just make finals or just miss out.

Won't make top 4, but won't bottom out either.

Very hard to tell with the Cats. Maybe things click, maybe things fall apart.

Lots of things went wrong last year, but you could make the case that it is because we rely on older players who do become injury prone or lose a yard.

West Coast will finish stone motherless last.

Under no illusions just how unbalanced and bad our list is, consequently we won’t improve on last years effort.
Still another two seasons of pain to be endured before we get off the bottom of the ladder.

By July the media speculation as to who will be the Eagles next Coach will be rampant.

Sam McClure will be writing articles and preaching to all that will listen, that he has it on good authority that Finn O’Sullivan will refuse to move to Perth to play for the Eagles.

Freo
Top 4 bias
5-8 correct weight
Btm 4 Trolling

Reason
Midfield group
Darcy(bnf)
Jackson(Rising star)
Fyfe(Brownlow)
AB(MVP)
Serong(HUN player of the year)
Young(pick 7 gun)