Carlton or GWS in 2024?

Who will finish higher in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Next year we'll be good from the get go, and I don't think anyone actually believes that Carlton is going to be getting better next season, so the easy answer really is GWS. We also beat Collingwood in the PF this season without their 20th man.
No room for improvement from Carlton?
Williams to come back in.
Motlop only 19yo (already has 33 games).
Hollands only 19yo (19 games in 1st year).
TDK getting better (24yo KPP now with 60 games under his belt).
Durdin only 21yo (only got 11 games this year after 21 last year).
Carroll only 20yo and barely played (only 6 career games so far).
Kemp getting better (22yo KPD with only 23 games under his belt).
Binns made VFL team of the year and was screaming for a debut.
Silvagni only played 16 games.
Cowan only 18yo and managed to get 7 games in his 1st year.
Boyd - mature aged recruit who played 9 games and looked comfortable at the level.
Cincotta - same as above but played 19 games in his 1st year.

Fair enough that we won't see much improvement now from the likes of Cripps, Doc, Walsh, Weiters, Charlie, Harry (could fix his yips), Cerra, Gov, Acres, Newman, Saad, Martin and Hewett, but they all play at a decently consistent level.

I mean, you can name a dozen or so GWS players that won't really improve next from this year, so where does their improvement come from? I agree with your sentiment that GWS will be good from the get go and should challenge for a top 4 spot, but there's nothing really saying that Blues won't be in the same position.

Hate Carlton but not a troll?

Right

Those two things usually go hand in hand, but they don't have to.

I hate Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon. But that doesn't mean I post things like

Naicos is softer than butter, lolz
Or Tim Taranto must like cutting up meat coz he is the biggest butcher I have ever seen
Or Dodoro is the biggest and most incompetent fraud in the AFL

Well....actually, I do post the last one, but c'mon...... :p

A huge portion of player and team criticisms on BF are biased and driven by team allegiances. But not all. You can hate Carlton and post negative things about the club/team and not be a troll all at the same time. Uncommon, but possible.

Those two things usually go hand in hand, but they don't have to.

I hate Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon. But that doesn't mean I post things like

Naicos is softer than butter, lolz
Or Tim Taranto must like cutting up meat coz he is the biggest butcher I have ever seen
Or Dodoro is the biggest and most incompetent fraud in the AFL

Well....actually, I do post the last one, but c'mon...... :p

A huge portion of player and team criticisms on BF are biased and driven by team allegiances. But not all. You can hate Carlton and post negative things about the club/team and not be a troll all at the same time. Uncommon, but possible.

Agreed, but some usual suspects only have one intention and not just Carlton

Carlton comfortably better next year. Walsh, Curnow, Cripps, Weitering et al to dominate. They will be one of the teams to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if you don't like the post, why did you quote it, if you just left it sitting there it would be forgotten.

So here you are saying you despise Collingwood, why did you bring that up, you think that makes your argument better, well I could also say, you didn't need to bring that up, but really, I couldn't care less, some of you seem to get upset over the slightest things.

Nice deflect.

My point supported my response.

You merely added your 'hatred of Carlton' like it carried any weight to the overall discussion this thread is encouraging. Newsflash: It doesn't. So why add it?
Everyone well and truly knows you hate Carlton. Good for you.

I couldn't give a flying toss what people think of Carlton, nor do I care if people genuinely think GWS look more promising (it can make sense). But in the end, it is all talk. No one knows what will happen next year... no one!

So just consider this a friendly reminder. Don't waste your efforts even thinking about your Carlton hate correlating to the club's future prospects. There is no merit in it.

Nice deflect.

My point supported my response.

You merely added your 'hatred of Carlton' like it carried any weight to the overall discussion this thread is encouraging. Newsflash: It doesn't. So why add it?
Everyone well and truly knows you hate Carlton. Good for you.

I couldn't give a flying toss what people think of Carlton, nor do I care if people genuinely think GWS look more promising (it can make sense). But in the end, it is all talk. No one knows what will happen next year... no one!

So just consider this a friendly reminder. Don't waste your efforts even thinking about your Carlton hate correlating to the club's future prospects. There is no merit in it.
No, the point is you told me not to do something and you did exactly what you told me not to do.

There is a word for that.

Now you are trying to give me advice, lmao.

No, the point is you told me not to do something and you did exactly what you told me not to do.

There is a word for that.

Now you are trying to give me advice, lmao.

No. My point is clear. It was in the form of a simple question which you could not answer.

There is a word for this.

Now it's "no you are" this can't get any funnier.

Did iit also upset you that I said I like GWS but hate Carlton, poor didums.

Like I said very small things seem to upset some of you.

Now it's ignorance hey?

I did say that I couldn't give a flying toss what you or anyone thought of my club, but I guess that is too difficult for you to grasp.

So go ahead. Act childish and condescending. It's doing you good.👍🏻

No room for improvement from Carlton?
Williams to come back in.
Motlop only 19yo (already has 33 games).
Hollands only 19yo (19 games in 1st year).
TDK getting better (24yo KPP now with 60 games under his belt).
Durdin only 21yo (only got 11 games this year after 21 last year).
Carroll only 20yo and barely played (only 6 career games so far).
Kemp getting better (22yo KPD with only 23 games under his belt).
Binns made VFL team of the year and was screaming for a debut.
Silvagni only played 16 games.
Cowan only 18yo and managed to get 7 games in his 1st year.
Boyd - mature aged recruit who played 9 games and looked comfortable at the level.
Cincotta - same as above but played 19 games in his 1st year.

Fair enough that we won't see much improvement now from the likes of Cripps, Doc, Walsh, Weiters, Charlie, Harry (could fix his yips), Cerra, Gov, Acres, Newman, Saad, Martin and Hewett, but they all play at a decently consistent level.

I mean, you can name a dozen or so GWS players that won't really improve next from this year, so where does their improvement come from? I agree with your sentiment that GWS will be good from the get go and should challenge for a top 4 spot, but there's nothing really saying that Blues won't be in the same position.
FWIW Giants whole backline, barring Whitfield, are 25 or under. A guy like Jack Buckley has only played about 30 games.
Callum Brown, Bedford, Finn Callaghan, all played less than 50. Briggs is just starting.
Guys like Rowston and Cadman developing in the twos.

You guys will finish higher though. Too many stars.

Of course, as someone suggested above, none of us know what will happen next year.

These sorts of threads are fun for speculation.

No doubt both Clubs have grounds for cautious optimism for 2024.

I had GWS making the 8 this year but had Carlton narrowly missing. Both should be thereabouts again..

Ahead of Trades and the Draft , I have the Giants narrowly ahead.

FWIW Giants whole backline, barring Whitfield, are 25 or under. A guy like Jack Buckley has only played about 30 games.
Callum Brown, Bedford, Finn Callaghan, all played less than 50. Briggs is just starting.
Guys like Rowston and Cadman developing in the twos.

You guys will finish higher though. Too many stars.
And that's amazing for you guys. You should be good next year and really pushing for top 4 IMO (although, obviously there's a breaking point to how many teams can make the 4 and there's a few worthy).
My only issue was the comment that nobody expects Carlton to improve next year.
It's either very shallow thinking or just flat out lies to poke the bear.
I have no issues with GWS and hope they do well, except against us obviously. I also think it's a flip of the coin which does better next year and it could simply come down to injuries or coming up against certain teams at the right time.

Back