When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

There's a lot of posters that don't post on the Carlton board mate, you can't tell anyone not to post in here because of what's happening on the Carlton board.
Sure, but equally, you can’t tell me that the only reason that everyone thinks Blues prolobged the Teague sacking, botched the Lyon approach, and have been stalking Cook and Clarkson is because of some ‘media beat up’.

The back story of all these events come from the most trusted voice on your board, not the media.

Sure, but equally, you can’t tell me that the only reason that everyone thinks Blues prolobged the Teague sacking, botched the Lyon approach, and have been stalking Cook and Clarkson is because of some ‘media beat up’.

The back story of all these events come from the most trusted voice on your board, not the media.

'B70 is always 100% right about everything...except when it doesn't suit our narrative'

Last edited:

They might be all wrong mate, how about you keep to the thread title.

Serious question. Why does the media give this club so much credit and regularly talk about them being on the verge of jumping into a finals position? After tonight's result, they've started the last nine seasons 0-2.

Their results in the last 20 years:

2001 - 5th (semi final)
2002 - 16th (wooden spoon)
2003 - 15th
2004 - 11th
2005 - 16th (wooden spoon)
2006 - 16th (wooden spoon)

2007 - 15th
2008 - 11th
2009 - 7th (elimination final)
2010 - 8th (elimination final)

2011 - 5th (semi final)

2012 - 10th
2013 - 8th (semi final)
2014 - 13th
2015 - 18th (wooden spoon)
2016 - 14th
2017 - 16th
2018 - 18th (wooden spoon)
2019 - 16th
2020 - 11th

Three finals wins, five finals appearances (their most recent of which they didn't really earn), five wooden spoons, nine bottom 4 finishes and six mid-ladder finishes that were outside the finals.

Essendon cop a lot of grief for their lack of success in the last 20 years yet they've had double the amount of finals wins Carlton have had in the last 20 years and have received 1/5 of the amount of wooden spoons Carlton have.

I know my club has performed poorly for the last 10 years as well but the media have never really talked us up as finals chances but Carlton are constantly getting pumped up by the media.

I don't get it. What's with the media love affair for Carlton?
With that many top 5 draft picks you'd expect something?

Is David teague available?
Have to laugh at the narrative though.
'carlton dealth massive blow!!!' while Scotty says they haven't actually spoken... obviously not interested in him

Is David teague available?
Have to laugh at the narrative though.
'carlton dealth massive blow!!!' while Scotty says they haven't actually spoken... obviously not interested in him
Why would anyone be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back