Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

90 year old men are vulnerable to pretty much everything. Only 1 in 6 men make it to age 90.

this might be the go

The Heruli were a Germanic tribe during the Migration Period (about 400 to 800 CE). Procopius states in his work The Wars, that the Heruli placed the sick and elderly on a tall stack of wood and stabbed them to death before setting the pyre alight

What is the context of these deaths though? Are the people very old? Do they have pre existing conditions?

How many Covid deaths have been attributed to fit and healthy people? Not many I'd suggest.

Does it really matter when there's a huge section of our population that have pre-existing conditions? I think we'd prefer they didn't die or overwhelm the healthcare system. A covid death is a covid death.

What is the context of these deaths though? Are the people very old? Do they have pre existing conditions?

How many Covid deaths have been attributed to fit and healthy people? Not many I'd suggest.
And again, someone who hasn’t looked at excess death numbers throughout the world over the past 18 months…sigh.

View attachment 1203283

Seems like the vaccine is doing it’s job and shows how important it is to get that second dose, right?

Wrong.

View attachment 1203284

To put this in percentage terms - 42% of hospitalisations in Ontario, Canada for COVID are unvaccinated and only 8% are fully vaccinated.

However, 42% of ICU patients in Ontario, Canada with COVID are fully vaccinated and 0% are unvaccinated.

Antibody Dependent Enhancement is a real thing and has been the reason why every single coronavirus vaccine has failed.

Finally, a word from the inventor of mRNA technology:

Science is about the scientific method - the first two step of which is to question everything observed with skepticism.

Follow the science? I wish people would.

At this stage I see this as purely…
695FAB16-9529-4D23-9A59-2741140DF08E.jpeg 695FAB16-9529-4D23-9A59-2741140DF08E.jpeg

this might be the go

The Heruli were a Germanic tribe during the Migration Period (about 400 to 800 CE). Procopius states in his work The Wars, that the Heruli placed the sick and elderly on a tall stack of wood and stabbed them to death before setting the pyre alight

Whilst your example is ridiculous, it comes down to which Ethical theory you prescribe to. Deontological or Utilitarian. Procopius, seems to have made the decision that the sick and the elderly put the entire tribe at risk, and thus decided for greatest chance of survival, these people were expendable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst your example is ridiculous, it comes down to which Ethical theory you prescribe to. Deontological or Utilitarian. Procopius, seems to have made the decision that the sick and the elderly put the entire tribe at risk, and thus decided for greatest chance of survival, these people were expendable.
someone’s done a first year philosophy course

This isn't Midsommar.

Mind boggling decision to cancel the show. Marshall and Nicola have lost the plot. Do they have no confidence with our border closures?

Just go and get vaccinated
We just need to flatten the curve
We just need to socially distance
We just need to have smaller indoor gatherings
We just need to wear masks
We just need to lockdown for a few days
We just need to lockdown for a few weeks
We just need to get vaccinated
We just need to lockdown.... etc etc

One case.

One ******* case.

This country has gone mad with fear and panic.
As a local I'm pleased our government has acted immediately and decisively. Had NSW done likewise, none of us would be in this position now, and there'd be 50,000 of us at the footy this weekend.

I haven't had a kind word for the ACT Government for most of its history, but they've got it right this time.

EDIT : typo

Last edited:
We just need to flatten the curve
We just need to socially distance
We just need to have smaller indoor gatherings
We just need to wear masks
We just need to lockdown for a few days
We just need to lockdown for a few weeks
We just need to get vaccinated
We just need to lockdown.... etc etc

Yep it's a world pandemic , one that we were warned about was coming for decades but we ignored it.

A new virus that works in ways we've never seen before that continues to mutate which forces us to change our mitigation strategies as we learn more about it just like every pandemic has done before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back