News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you aren't saying disability funding is 'bullshit social welfare'. That would be poor.

well, it is if the person you do a hammer blow to the knee to push him for breaking the covid rule goes onto NDIS....

Just so long as you limit the 'bullshit' tag to that cohort then.

In any case, fine the living daylight out of them. The fine needs to be devastating but not so much that they don't have a chance to pay because in that case, they would simply not pay.

Needs more Taliban.
I think someone asked earlier in the thread how Labor could still be the favorites for the next election? I give you the opposition party's responses today.

Could have been me? Although I just said I think Andrews deserves to lose (just like Gladys, just like scomo), and questioned why he still has the support he has - our results have been atrocious. I’m well aware the state libs are spuds of the highest degree.

Could have been me? Although I just said I think Andrews deserves to lose (just like Gladys, just like scomo), and questioned why he still has the support he has - our results have been atrocious. I’m well aware the state libs are spuds of the highest degree.

Spuds is being kind.

You curl up your toes and end up through the pearly gates. You plead with God to send you back. Your work on earth is not finished. God's having a good day and feeling kind." Sure, but l can only send you to 3 places " ;
a) Kabul
b) Haiti
c) Melbourne where you came from
" Up to you. Where you wanna go " ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got sent this,

How’s my mate at the caufield cop shop telling me the Jewish lot are holding the dhhs ransom saying they’ll only give them the list of people who were there as long as they don’t get fined

Reckon they'll be getting brow beaten by their own community leaders to cough up every piece of information they have.

Wouldn’t bank on it.
It is a tough one when it comes to getting people to cooperate, particularly when there is a clear public health benefit from them doing so.
This one is a bit different to others, though. There is video footage of the party, and even an ex politician has come out saying that he recognised people involved. You would hope, for their own sakes at least, they have gone and got tested and are isolating while monitoring for symptoms.
Attendees would also be highly likely to be known to have attended by family and friends, who would be loath to be exposed too.
If this 'standoff' is actually happening, not to doubt your friend, I doubt it will last long.

Got a bit of anti-semitism ( maybe alot ) But l'll leave it at that.

How? Nothing anti Semitic about it. They identify as Jewish.

Because of that party and the pub crawl the government has to upgrade restrictions, construction now at 25% and people are going to lose their jobs. My wives work has already asked who wants to take leave but they’re not talking redundancy’s yet….

Selfish arseholes.

It is a tough one when it comes to getting people to cooperate, particularly when there is a clear public health benefit from them doing so.
This one is a bit different to others, though. There is video footage of the party, and even an ex politician has come out saying that he recognised people involved. You would hope, for their own sakes at least, they have gone and got tested and are isolating while monitoring for symptoms.
Attendees would also be highly likely to be known to have attended by family and friends, who would be loath to be exposed too.
If this 'standoff' is actually happening, not to doubt your friend, I doubt it will last long.

Yeah the text could be rubbish but those involved have shown complete contempt for the current rules, even joking about them in the speech. These people are scum so I wouldn’t put it past them.

Just got sent this,

How’s my mate at the caufield cop shop telling me the Jewish lot are holding the dhhs ransom saying they’ll only give them the list of people who were there as long as they don’t get fined
Just let them all get covid and natural selection will sort them out.
Bed they'll be happy to give up names when they're waiting in line for the vaccine or sitting in a hospital bed.
Harsh I know, just very pissed off at their attitude and the situation.

shimaburnsgrieg why did you disagree with the post?
Not disagree - it's a dislike - I don't like what they are doing (if your brother is right).

They have stuffed up - been caught - and now trying to negotiate? Unbelievable.

They should all be coming forward quickly - telling the contract tracers why they need to hear and paying the fine payable - no questions asked.

As Dan said - this is not anti Jewish - it's anti non compliers.

We probably do.

perhaps there is a lead to be taken here from some other countries where some have if people are unvaxxed they then become liable for some of the cost associated with any of the fall out from that.

Here it could be, you want to flaunt the rules, you get it from attending a party that you know is not supposed to be happening then your ability use Medicare for any health related expenses is revoked. You still get access to health care. You just become financially liable for it.
Great idea, we should do the same with drug addicts, smokers and drinkers and the obese.

Just let them all get covid and natural selection will sort them out.
Bed they'll be happy to give up names when they're waiting in line for the vaccine or sitting in a hospital bed.
Harsh I know, just very pissed off at their attitude and the situation.

2 have it so far. I’m sure there’ll be more. I’m really pissed off at them too. The mum put out a sob story today saying her son is “broken over this” well I have zero sympathy because people might die as a direct result of this selfish Pratt wanting to have a party. Hopefully if someone has to die its someone who was at the party and not some poor basterd that got it second hand, because you just know these entitled pricks all won’t quarantine

Just got sent this,

Oh well, that's what has happened in the past so they are only playing the idiots at their own game. Thats the precedent as Dan explained it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back