Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dow, after suffering gross malpractice (which it simply must be, right) for at least the last two years, couldn’t wait just one more week to see the coach off - he just had to put in a ‘trade request’RIGHT NOW. And it’s SO BAD, he just put the request in without a nominated destination.

Did he walk in with an envelope marked “Trade Request”? Was it underlined for emphasis? Did he use a red pen?
i believe he did it via webex ;):p

There has been rumours about Dow being unhappy from a long way back, and fair enough. For a now fourth year midfielder taken in the first few picks of his draft his development has been woeful. Needed a lot of intervention early on and kept being played after weeks of poor performances.

I’m also not buying a lot of the revisionist history on his first year. He had a couple of nice cameos, but really should have spent his first few seasons at reserves level developing his craft and actually setting some standards for him to work towards. Last year was a write off due to injury, this year has been the first season he has looked like a competent AFL footballer and even then he‘s still physically slight and can’t run out a full game despite exclusively sitting at the stoppages.

I really hope things aren’t that bad. Player managers are conscious about player longevity and contract value, and without a shot in arm Dow’s career is in serious danger of stalling, ala SPS this year.

I’m hopeful a change of coach changes things a bit, but I don’t disbelieve Dow is more than a bit disgruntled.

Last edited:
Did you do Covid without a telly ?

Thats honestly hilarious.

Teague: "Oh hey Dow - I'm finally going to give you a crack in the seniors - as sub"
Teague: "Trolololo see how he likes that"

A few weeks later

Teague:"Oh hey Dow - naaa for real, you're getting a game, just don't get injured in the first 5 minutes"
Teague:"Oh you go injured in the first 5 minutes ...... trolololo back to the 2's"

I lost my bananas at Teague's selection very early on in the season (actually last yaer) - and it was over Dow (Stocker, Cuningham and others played a fair part too).

Teagues fault too that Dow could only find the ball 8 times as a mid against GC

Noticed Teague tied Dows hands together before the game

Does anyone really expect an honest summary of the review to be released? I'd be very surprised if anything is released that puts any major blame on the board - expecting spin and for the blame to lie everywhere else.
This is what I found so strange from the beginning

if the findings aren’t completely public, why make the review public.
I don’t think the public pressure has assisted things.

Does anyone really expect an honest summary of the review to be released? I'd be very surprised if anything is released that puts any major blame on the board - expecting spin and for the blame to lie everywhere else.
I'm not expecting anything but board member spin in an email.

The board wasn't under review, the summary of findings will relate to the football department which was the subject of the review.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very worried about the culture of the list and unity in the playing group.

From rumours that senior players and younger players not getting along, players dictating whether coaches stay or go, the disdain for Murphy post game, Dow allegedly wanting out despite Clarko or Lyon coming aboard, Betts making a point to ask the players to care for one another in his farewell speech...

...things are looking rotten down at Princes Park.

If Paddy Dow wants out that fine, as long as we get at a decent, pick 10 to 15 or in a trade say Ladhams as we desperately need a Ruckman, or wouldn’t mind or Pat Lipinski
Can’t keep disgruntled players, they’re unproductive and not good for team culture.

Very worried about the culture of the list and unity in the playing group.

From rumours that senior players and younger players not getting along, players dictating whether coaches stay or go, the disdain for Murphy post game, Dow allegedly wanting out despite Clarko or Lyon coming aboard, Betts making a point to ask the players to care for one another in his farewell speech...

...things are looking rotten down at Princes Park.

Or the rumours are just that, without substance.

If Paddy Dow wants out that fine, as long as we get at a decent, pick 10 to 15 or in a trade say Ladhams as we desperately need a Ruckman, or wouldn’t mind or Pat Lipinski
Can’t keep disgruntled players, they’re unproductive and not good for team culture.

we are not getting a first for paddy dow. Being in and out of a poor side for 4 years doesn't exactly help his value either

not fine with that.

too much talent, too much upside.

just know Paddy will end up a genuine star elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back