Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This joint is unreal. Even if Dow did ask for a trade the kid has been a starting mid in the side for the last 3 months (even round 5 before hurting his eye) and it’s apparently all the coach who won’t be here next years fault for not playing him.

This!

Still not sure he has set the world on fire either. Has improved slight but nowhere near where he could be.

You are good I trust, how are you my friend. I too have offer for much consider by your part.

You reckon that is bad. I am technically “married” to about 10 Ukrainian chicks and a few blokes!

You reckon that is bad. I am technically “married” to about 10 Ukrainian chicks and a few blokes!

Nothing technical about it. I know how you roll.

If Paddy wants to leave, the club needs to hold onto him until the end of his contract (2022).

A lot can change in 12 months.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Curious to know - is there anything to the Dow trade talk other than him being dropped?

Genuinely keen to know as I’d hate for him to be wanting out

Choco, I ain’t a finance person but I reckon club success won’t flow from good finances. A rise in memberships will only be temporary if we don’t perform onfield. Carlton is a footy club, not a balance sheet.

Rather, winning will create club success and great finances. It’ll drive higher sustainable memberships (and not free handout memberships), more sponsors, and Carlton playing prime time.

And we’ve always had the capacity to pay for good coaches etc. Money ain’t an issue there. What is an issue is Liddle is CEO, not CFO, and has presided over changes in the footy department that have gone nowhere. Happy for him to stay in a reduced role that has nothing to do with onfield.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only problem I have with Lyon is that he can implement a boring style of footy. Something I LOVED about Teague.

I hear ya, but what I find the most boring is losing the same way. Week in, week out....

Bombers went through the same sort of issues last year losing players.We t to the draft chose the right players and then BOOM SHAKALAKA!

The Bombers' new recruits this year have been a shot in the arm.

Which really isn't anything new for them.... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No real surprise. Can't see him commanding much interest.

That’s an unfair ‘drive by’; it wouldn’t be the reason he’d request a trade, if he had either.

unless you’re talking financial interest rates in which case chat to chocmilk or justabattler (both are on the same page 😜)

btw that ‘same page’ is this one

Last edited:
Choco, I ain’t a finance person but I reckon club success won’t flow from good finances. A rise in memberships will only be temporary if we don’t perform onfield. Carlton is a footy club, not a balance sheet.

Rather, winning will create club success and great finances. It’ll drive higher sustainable memberships (and not free handout memberships), more sponsors, and Carlton playing prime time.

And we’ve always had the capacity to pay for good coaches etc. Money ain’t an issue there. What is an issue is Liddle is CEO, not CFO, and has presided over changes in the footy department that have gone nowhere. Happy for him to stay in a reduced role that has nothing to do with onfield.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also Add the fact a good proportion of our growth in memberships are due to freebies and 3 match memberships

No player has yet to officially ask out.

--

Opinion:

Obviously this may (is likely) to change. This is typical for a football club and not in the least bit unusual.

However, you can bet that players are waiting to see how the coaching saga plays itself out. If we do go in the Lyon or Clarkson direction it is just as likely those considering a move will be reinvigorated to stay (and vice versa).
Agree l don't really believe that Dow has requested a trade at all, he has a year left on a contract, any decisions on this type of decision would relate to the new coach & assistants coming into the club, which will bring about a major shift of direction/mindset for the playing group, l can only see Clarkson or Lyon having a positive effect on the mindset of this group and having a clearly defined game-plan for 2022.

If Macrae does get the Collingwood job, I think they have done very well. Looks like an astute selection.

His CV is very impressive, suprised he went so under the radar. Would have loved him as an assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back