Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a rumour going around 15-20 years ago that Rob Harvey spent a lot of time at his local TAB.

The key point is whether this information is current or just feeding off a very old rumour. I’m calling bullshit and saying it is the latter. With all the online betting agencies, why would someone as high profile as rob harvey, and an assistant coach of a huge club like Collingwood, bet at a TAB when he can do it in the privacy of his own home? Why would he jeopardise a high paying job?

I’d think if it’s current there’d be photos from iPhones and stories circulating. There have been none.

You’d also think Collingwood/The AFL would have investigated and addressed it in the ten years he’s been at the club?

For clarity, when did your friend see Harvey betting at the TAB?
Sheedy has been a local at a TAB in abbotsford for over 10 years.
as long as they are not betting on footy there is nothing wrong about it. I don’t really gamble but let’s not pretend going to the TAB, a social environment, is just as bad as betting alone on your phone betting or sitting in front of the pokies.

It’s Clarko or Lyon. As I’ve said all along, it’s a huge carrot we’ve dangled in front of Clarko. I can’t see him knocking it back however it’s a genuine chance that he takes a small break from footy. If that’s the case, it’s a matter of formality to sign Ross.

In talks with many different assistants at other clubs too, however they won’t be formalised until the head coach is decided.

And there it is … BANG !!
Thanks reg and good to see you mate 👍

I'm slightly put off by Lyon taking public pot shots at Collingwood before he's even announced in another job. Not a fantastic reflection on him.

On another note, there's probably no surer sign that he's confident of being our next coach.

Said no one ever :tongueoutv1:

As I have said culture of the club is stuffed. It starts from the top. It’s not going to end well!

New coach will definitely solve it all! That’s what our board honestly believes

External Review Panel: "Hi all, today we will show you the major underlying problems at Carlton."

Carlton Board: "That's great, we can't wait to fire some coaches! ... errr why are you bringing all those mirrors into the boardroom?"

;)

Last edited:
Hardly had any impact last week, nothing in it other than form, or lack of (GCFC game too).

Not all is lost just yet, he’s an emergency (late change) & possible med-sub.
The whole team is at fault when they have a huge loss like that, so why does the club zero in on one bloke only?!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow and O'brien are welcome to seek a trade- play about 6 good games between them in 4 seasons

I reckon the club has played about 6 good games in 4 seasons. Maybe they're tracking as expected.

Betts talks about SPS being frustrating and wanting to play midfield and Dow is omitted from the seniors this weekend and suddenly its a rumour that they want to be traded?

The timing is suspicious....sounds a bit makey-upey

Dow and O'brien are welcome to seek a trade- play about 6 good games between them in 4 seasons
So is David Teague and his coaching crew. Throw in the CEO and football operations manager for their lack of leadership and what they have allowed the clubs coaches get away with. The most incompetent group of coaches every assembled at any AFL club.

No player has yet to officially ask out.

--

Opinion:

Obviously this may (is likely) to change. This is typical for a football club and not in the least bit unusual.

However, you can bet that players are waiting to see how the coaching saga plays itself out. If we do go in the Lyon or Clarkson direction it is just as likely those considering a move will be reinvigorated to stay (and vice versa).

Thanks for your concern and I understand you mean well. As for his 'achievements'

$5m in debt @3% p.a. max ( I could do better for Carlton than 3% actually, but for arguments sake is a 'cost' of $150,000 p.a. to service - which is less than 10 bags of peanuts worth of worry)

The fact that financially naive people think this is a worthy achievement to hang a hat on - just goes to show ...well it shows something but not anything much about financial acumen.

As for membership numbers - I care more about total membership divided by membership derived revenue ie margin as a KPI and in that regard I can guarantee you he has underperformed - just another gild the lily exercise he and the ex President have concocted that fools not everyone...

My concerns with Liddle are well documented - look 'em up if you are so inclined - I stand by every single word/phrase/paragraph I have ever written about him and conside rhim as the ex President's biggest mistake - and there have been a few since Liddle arrived.

I actually work in finance mate.......

Why not clear our debt now whilst interest rates are low? It would also depend on what type of debt you are carrying and whether it was making us money. Carrying debt for a stand that is depreciating and no longer in use is not a good use of money. Now we have cleared the debts we can invest in things that we actually get benefit from, such as oh I don't know...a better coach and assistant coaches, better facilities (which we are), anything else i forgot?

I seriously have no idea why people are so against Liddle. So far he has done well.

Ps, people who talk about their financial acumen and castigate others, especially random people they don't know, are usually full of shit...

Real money moves in silence my friend

PPS, can you go into more detail about how our membership numbers are not driving an acceptable amount of revenue per member? I'd love to hear about it. Especially since you can "guarantee" that we have under achieved in that regard. I would have thought that our record sponsorship deals would have to be included in those figures, I would also have to assume that our membership numbers and revenue per member would be something that potential sponsors would be across before they invest in sizeable sponsorship deals with us.

Watch out Warren Buffett, we have a financial wizard here

Last edited:
I think I’m already talking to them, they send me an email

You are good I trust, how are you my friend. I too have offer for much consider by your part.

So is David Teague and his coaching crew. Throw in the CEO and football operations manager for their lack of leadership and what they have allowed the clubs coaches get away with. The most incompetent group of coaches every assembled at any AFL club.
Mark Neeld and Matthew Primus say hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back