Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The response of a little school yard bully trying to gee up his bigger mates. A little news for you Raman, the sorrowful eyes of your sorrowful lot will shortly be forced to gaze at the reality of living with covid. It will not be anywhere near as bad as you catrastophise. It will be little more than a blip in the grand scheme. And those like you that continue to think we should lock ourselves down and shut ourselves off from the world will be seen as the certifiable.

Holy jesus are you high or incredibly stupid?

We are going to have a real issue with health care workers. Even fully vaxxed obviously still at risk. I haven't seen what the plan in place is to counter that?

We are going to have a real issue with health care workers. Even fully vaxxed obviously still at risk. I haven't seen what the plan in place is to counter that?

The thing I love about twatter is before that piece of shit existed, people could just post whatever they wanted instead of hacking their message into multiple numbered posts like they're texting on a flip phone in 1998.

It's a platform that literally exists and made squillions of dollars because it invented a ****ing character limit. What a time to be alive.

Yes reading that thread it is concerning.
I really feel for the health workers. Something the personal rights brigade seem to gloss over or ignore altogether.
Staffing shortages plus being at the coal face 😬
A lot of discussion on effectiveness of masks too.
It isn’t going away soon, is it.
Hopefully delta not replaced eventually by something more devastating. We just don’t know yet.
Really we are still learning so much.
The task is onerous.
Unless the world gets vaccinated with at leat 2 doses of an effective vaccine , possible 3 in the short term, how can we even hope to control this or prevent even more mutations?
CDC made a mistake in USA by saying masks not necessary if vaccinated to encourage people to get vaccinated.
That backfired and now they have had to rewind that advice.

Gladys’ promises of opening up in 3 or 4 months could be giving false hope.

Victoria has recorded 71 new local COVID-19 cases, the highest daily increase in its recent Delta outbreak.

Of the new cases, 49 have been linked to known outbreaks.

Health authorities have not revealed how many were in quarantine while infectious.

The new cases were identified from 46,446 test results received yesterday, and there were 22,191 doses of vaccine administered at state-run sites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morrison not long ago was putting pressure on Gladys to lockdown harder. Now his rhetoric has changed. I reckon he and Gladys have got together behind the scenes to push this united line about the vaccination program, and do nothing more until the double job rate reaches 70% to 80%.

Professor Tony Blakely, an epidemiologist from Melbourne, says it would be crazy to open up if numbers are in the thousands or even in hundreds based on his modelling. He's not saying the starting number has to be zero but it needs to be in single digits.

Right now numbers are doubling every one to two weeks. Restrictions were tightened about a week ago in NSW. If that doesn't change the current trend in the next week or so, NSW residents and the NSW health system are going to in a heap more pain if she opens up. But I wouldn't put it past her.

My mother doesn't believe in the vaccine for her own reasons but still got vaccinated because she has the insight to realise she can't cross the border interstate to see family without it. You don't see her going out and protesting like those selfish antivax fools in Sydney and Melbourne. Those people are the type that spread it here and wonder why we are struggling to keep it under control. That includes the other protestors too and the idiots who break the rules. Also the politicians have alot to answer for too but because I hate politics I don't bother discussing on this board or anywhere else for that matter. I am a mental health professional and have seen first hand the effects of covid on people including myself recently. I don't complain when I have to get fully vaccinated and follow the rules even though I haven't seen my wife overseas for nearly two years because of border closures and the mental health issues this has caused me. So please remember that we are in this together as a Nation and it's ok to be humble and mature in discussing this. Please look after yourselves too during these difficult times. Even in lockdown we can call someone if we are feeling down. Cheers

Morrison not long ago was putting pressure on Gladys to lockdown harder. Now his rhetoric has changed. I reckon he and Gladys have got together behind the scenes to push this united line about the vaccination program, and do nothing more until the double job rate reaches 70% to 80%.

Professor Tony Blakely, an epidemiologist from Melbourne, says it would be crazy to open up if numbers are in the thousands or even in hundreds based on his modelling. He's not saying the starting number has to be zero but it needs to be in single digits.

Right now numbers are doubling every one to two weeks. Restrictions were tightened about a week ago in NSW. If that doesn't change the current trend in the next week or so, NSW residents and the NSW health system are going to in a heap more pain if she opens up. But I wouldn't put it past her.

Yes its just damage control now until they get to 70-80% and remove lockdowns (with strict restrictions on masks and social distancing).
The rest of the country will have to follow suit if we want to get together at Christmas.
The health system is going to be severely tested.

I would suggest the same plan that is used for influenza. They are similar in the sense of how they spread, how dangerous they are to the vulnerable and similar incubation and down times.

The risk with the covid vaccine, as exists with influenza vaccines, is the vaccinated health worker turns to work and spreads the disease as they think there OK. Hopefully education and peer group monitoring is another level of controls.

FTR yes I know covid is not influenza

Yes its just damage control now until they get to 70-80% and remove lockdowns (with strict restrictions on masks and social distancing).
The rest of the country will have to follow suit if we want to get together at Christmas.
The health system is going to be severely tested.
Other states won't follow suit. WA has already made that pretty clear. Why put your state at risk when NSW has gone solo.

My mother doesn't believe in the vaccine for her own reasons but still got vaccinated because she has the insight to realise she can't cross the border interstate to see family without it. You don't see her going out and protesting like those selfish antivax fools in Sydney and Melbourne. Those people are the type that spread it here and wonder why we are struggling to keep it under control. That includes the other protestors too and the idiots who break the rules. Also the politicians have alot to answer for too but because I hate politics I don't bother discussing on this board or anywhere else for that matter. I am a mental health professional and have seen first hand the effects of covid on people including myself recently. I don't complain when I have to get fully vaccinated and follow the rules even though I haven't seen my wife overseas for nearly two years because of border closures and the mental health issues this has caused me. So please remember that we are in this together as a Nation and it's ok to be humble and mature in discussing this. Please look after yourselves too during these difficult times. Even in lockdown we can call someone if we are feeling down. Cheers

For me it is a matter of Respect and this seems to fail many during stressful times

Wearing a mask when asked, is not about protecting one's self it is actually about protecting third parties. Thus we are being asked to respect others.

Getting vaccinated does protect one's self but again we are being asked as a society to do the right thing and assisting the cause of reducing the burden on hospitals and fast tracking the opening up of our communities and nation. This translates to respecting others rights to work/ earn a living, maintaining the freedoms of movement and freedoms of assembly.

We also have to be mindful and respect other people's choices. If people don't vaccinate we should not lower ourselves to discriminate rather show restraint and respect their right even if we disagree.

Other states won't follow suit. WA has already made that pretty clear. Why put your state at risk when NSW has gone solo.

I suspect it starts this Thursday when Qantas start rewarding the vaccinated and start marketing their campaign to go home for Christmas (on the day they announce their loss for the previous financial year). I could be wrong of course, but I'm expecting us to be blitzed with rewards for being vaccinated and no premier (except McGowan) will fight this and be accused of ruining Christmas.

Vax is a cure of varying effectiveness vs corona, not a prevention.

The prevention is still not going to things.

Harsh, but reality.

Don't blame the vaccination for you being infected.

It seems this person has begun to understand that.

Interstate the Feds are supporting them to build dedicated quarantine facilities.
Here in SA we are trialing this…Home quarantine.
Ok they are usung a cautionary approach in who they choose to quarantine at home.
But what could go wrong?
View attachment 1214275
View attachment 1214269View attachment 1214270
McGowan would've told the Feds to **** off with this trial. And he would've been right.

We are flying people in from NSW and Victoria to SA this week, trusting them to quarantine at home, we have decision makers that are on a lockdown hair trigger and we have two AFL finals planned for this weekend.

Should be an interesting week.

What could possibly go wrong

They will be wearing those ankle tracking things they put on home detention prisoners.
Concern would be not so much they leave their homes but people they have over. I'm not sure how they are controlling the company they choose to keep?

For me it is a matter of Respect and this seems to fail many during stressful times

Wearing a mask when asked, is not about protecting one's self it is actually about protecting third parties. Thus we are being asked to respect others.

Getting vaccinated does protect one's self but again we are being asked as a society to do the right thing and assisting the cause of reducing the burden on hospitals and fast tracking the opening up of our communities and nation. This translates to respecting others rights to work/ earn a living, maintaining the freedoms of movement and freedoms of assembly.

We also have to be mindful and respect other people's choices. If people don't vaccinate we should not lower ourselves to discriminate rather show restraint and respect their right even if we disagree.
I don’t respect other people’s right to refuse to follow the road rules, drive under the influence etc as it could endanger me or my family. I have trouble respecting people’s right not to vaccinate when we are trying our best to deal with a pandemic, but really there is nothing I can do about it. They can’t be forced and we all live with the consequences. I’m not going to throw rocks at them.
There will be restrictions for them just like if you don’t have a travel passport or a license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back