Ben Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not my view, it is the AFL ‘s view and they have embraced the ASADA /WADA code.
I am not here to debate the rules, just to highlight to you what they are. There are exceptions for medical reasons which need to be signed off by a doctor.

All recreational drugs ARE considered performance enhancing on game day.
i will say, if the drug does make you feel better or just put you at ease it is therefore performance enhancing.

Your exact words… this is your view

Pain relief an exception.. lol ok quite a common exception

Literally a drug or substance that enhances performance.

What i am now getting at, is anti doping is nonsense. You can enhance performance but only up to a point and then its cheating.

Back to Ben, snorting a line or smoking a pip would be a detriment before a game, the comedown would reduce performance. I have used and abused almost all drugs.

You can highlight the rules, but i dont like that response. A boring cut and dry response that doesnt question anything.

i will say, if the drug does make you feel better or just put you at ease it is therefore performance enhancing.

What i am now getting at, is anti doping is nonsense. You can enhance performance but only up to a point and then its cheating.

Back to Ben, snorting a line or smoking a pip would be a detriment before a game, the comedown would reduce performance. I have used and abused almost all drugs.

You can highlight the rules, but i dont like that response. A boring cut and dry response that doesnt question anything.
If you are struggling with the rules take it up with the authorities.
Dont come on BF with zero understanding and then challenge posters who take the time to share what the rules actually are.
I have not offered my opinion on the drug code.
My comment was trying to give you a general insight as to why rec drugs are treated as performance enhancing on game day.

Your comment “anti doping is nonsense “ actually gives good insight into your simplistic approach and lack of understanding as to why there is even a drug code.
Wasted enough time on you. Your not interested in understanding but just want to offer sarcastic comments to those that do.

If you are struggling with the rules take it up with the authorities.
Dont come on BF with zero understanding and then challenge posters who take the time to share what the rules actually are.
I have not offered my opinion on the drug code.
My comment was trying to give you a general insight as to why rec drugs are treated as performance enhancing on game day.

Your comment “anti doping is nonsense “ actually gives good insight into your simplistic approach and lack of understanding as to why there is even a drug code.
Wasted enough time on you. Your not interested in understanding but just want to offer sarcastic comments to those that do.
Im not struggling with rules i just question them, not follow blindly like some.

When did you offer insight as to why rec drugs were performance enhancing all you did was say go to wadas site.

And no, it is simplistic to think anti doping is be all end all. To think I don’t understand anti doping is laughable.. the level of corruption wada has been involved with is astounding, but you didnt know that did you ? Wada is the good guy yeah ?

Discuss further if you want to learn and understand more

Im not struggling with rules i just question them, not follow blindly like some.

When did you offer insight as to why rec drugs were performance enhancing all you did was say go to wadas site.

And no, it is simplistic to think anti doping is be all end all. To think I don’t understand anti doping is laughable.. the level of corruption wada has been involved with is astounding, but you didnt know that did you ? Wada is the good guy yeah ?

Discuss further if you want to learn and understand more
Haha, question them.

Going onto BF and challenging posters that simply cite the rules is not questioning them. It is just making an arse of yourself.
No you don’t understand them and if you had to be told how rec drugs are treated on game day you have no idea which is why i posted in the first place. :rolleyes:

So they are all corrupt now??? 5G is a big plan to control the masses , Trump was removed by the lizard people??? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You will say anything just to avoid having to discuss something you know nothing about. AFL deem rec drugs performance enhancing on game day!!!! FACT

if you dont like it write to Gil , thats if you truly care.

Haha, question them.

Going onto BF and challenging posters that simply cite the rules is not questioning them. It is just making an arse of yourself.
No you don’t understand them and if you had to be told how rec drugs are treated on game day you have no idea which is why i posted in the first place. :rolleyes:

So they are all corrupt now??? 5G is a big plan to control the masses , Trump was removed by the lizard people??? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You will say anything just to avoid having to discuss something you know nothing about. AFL deem rec drugs performance enhancing on game day!!!! FACT

if you dont like it write to Gil , thats if you truly care.
So you think wada havent been corrupt ? Yes or no

All this talk of lizard people and 5g is making you look a bit daft. Not sure what the go is there.

I have answered to all your points yet know nothing about em.. hmm interesting. Im sorry that this discussion made you a bit crazy

So you think wada havent been corrupt ? Yes or no

All this talk of lizard people and 5g is making you look a bit daft. Not sure what the go is there.

I have answered to all your points yet know nothing about em.. hmm interesting. Im sorry that this discussion made you a bit crazy
The point is I told you that Rec drugs are considered performance enhancing on game day which you obviously did not know and you have have been sulking ever since by deflecting, making silly statements and trying to draw me into a discussions that is not relevant.

Be happy posters are willing to give you insight you did not have and dont get offended when they do.

Seems like the bolded bit is the main point you are trying to get across. Congrats - but nobody cares.

Ex-AFL boss Andrew Demetriou and former West Coast president Dalton Gooding were business associates at the height of the illicit drugs crisis that engulfed the club in the mid-2000s.
Company records reveal Demetriou and Gooding were directors of a false teeth export company at the time the AFL was investigating the Eagles over the drugs scandal that cast a shadow over the club’s 2006 premiership.
frm h/s
Fat Andy still has a lot of questions to answer about the Bombers and who tipped of the bombers that the testers were in town and who told them to destroy all evidence what was injected into the players

Fat Andy still has a lot of questions to answer about the Bombers and who tipped of the bombers that the testers were in town and who told them to destroy all evidence what was injected into the players
Always thought James Hird's/News Limites defense was bizzare, they basically ran with "but the AFL tipped us off!", like somehow that exonerates them of drug cheating.

Always thought James Hird's/News Limites defense was bizzare, they basically ran with "but the AFL tipped us off!", like somehow that exonerates them of drug cheating.
It's no coincidence that Fat Andy who had an opinion on how every sport should be run has basically gone to ground on this matter. Fat Andy knew everything that was going on at every club and in my opinion knew when the testers were in town and even if he didn't tip off the bombers himself that the testers were in town he made sure the bombers knew.
If this had happened in the Rugby League, soccer or union or Basketball Fat Andy would be giving his opinion to the media on it every day for weeks and months and would make sure his opinion was heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipped off whatever. I’m still waiting for what they tested positive for. Stupidity yes, not in question. Taking a hit (terrible pun) for the rest of the competition, absolutely.
If they had nothing to hide why did they destroy all the records that showed what was injected into the players?
Surely if it was legal what was injected into the players they wouldn't have destroyed the records would they?

Tipped off whatever. I’m still waiting for what they tested positive for. Stupidity yes, not in question. Taking a hit (terrible pun) for the rest of the competition, absolutely.
You took a hit for the rest of the comps stupidity?

I think there are a few who are still in denial.

I've never understood Essendon nuffies - I would be furious if it was Melbourne. I don't understand why they don't want James Hird lynched, but they put him up like he is some sort of persecuted messiah. I don't think there is another supporter base that is this dumb.

It's no coincidence that Fat Andy who had an opinion on how every sport should be run has basically gone to ground on this matter. Fat Andy knew everything that was going on at every club and in my opinion knew when the testers were in town and even if he didn't tip off the bombers himself that the testers were in town he made sure the bombers knew.
If this had happened in the Rugby League, soccer or union or Basketball Fat Andy would be giving his opinion to the media on it every day for weeks and months and would make sure his opinion was heard.
You seem pretty obsessed with trying to get the name "Fat Andy" going - like it is some sort of genius hysterical comedy gold.

It's not.

I've never understood Essendon nuffies - I would be furious if it was Melbourne. I don't understand why they don't want James Hird lynched, but they put him up like he is some sort of persecuted messiah. I don't think there is another supporter base that is this dumb.
Don’t start me on hird. Check post history, never wanted him as coach, never warmed to him as a player as good as he was. Just never fell into the goody two shoes act. Would just like to see the positive drug tests. Some would still have the silly campaigner back at the club, take your concerns up with them.

Positive tests coll 3 Ess 0.

Lance Armstrong also has zero positive cases as the cornerstone of his defence, it didn't work out too well for him either.

End of the day there was enough circumstantial evidence to convict once they made sure the AFL couldn't stage manage a verdict. If Essendon had kept proper records of what they injected into the players they might have cleared them.

For whatever reason though, the records weren't kept (unlikely) or destroyed once Vlad tipped them off they were being investigated (more likely).

Last edited:
Lance Armstrong also has zero positive cases as the cornerstone of his defence, it didn't work out too well for him either.

End of the day there was enough circumstantial evidence to conflict once they made sure the AFL couldn't stage manage a verdict. If Essendon had kept proper records of what they injected into the players they might have cleared them.

For whatever reason though, the records weren't kept (unlikely) or destroyed once Vlad tipped them off they were being investigated (more likely).
All true. There’s a film in this.

Neither am I lizard, I’d just think that the testing would’ve showed up the sh*t they were pumping into themselves. Do you see my frustration ?
That was Hirds mates job, his specialty was teaching people when they were hot, remember him, Shane Charters, he was Hirds personal nutritionist, just happen to be up at the gold coast while Essendon were there.
Just happened to send Dank a text about how to administer the drugs, coincidence Dank was working for Essendon at the time and the drugs that were cooked were nearly an exact match.
There's lots more that adds up, bet you read it all, so no, I can't see why you would be frustrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back