Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So put yourself in their shoes. Why would you divulge to an immediate opponent how you undertook the process in 100% honesty, noting the pitfalls, the benefits etc. That would be giving a sucker an even break in my mind and completely naïve of Collingwood to do so - so more than likely they spilled the beans and blurted everything out like a 4yo. ;-)

Clubland (especially off field) isn't as steeped in traditional rivalry as they like to make out.
Many administrators have known each other for years and at times may have worked together at the same club, or will one day, work at the same Club.
At that level, it's just business and as long as the clubs aren't directly competing for the services of a Coach etc, they generally help out.

But I do, Thy. I used to read absolutely everything I could get my hands on. I used to watch the FTA shows, and I used to see if I could catch the analysis shows on Foxtel despite not having it. And when I say used, I mean all of two years ago. It could be that I've changed, but I don't really think I have. I'm busier, maybe, but I'm just as captivated by a good game (when it breaks out, before the coaches can stifle it) as I used to be.

I don't expect the media to be motivated by much more than their desire to get eyes on the ads beside their articles, but it's becoming too much for me. The last eighteen months haven't been the easiest on any of us, and I'm finding it hard to remain aloof from and unaffected by this kind of thing.

I don't think that's such an egregious sin.
You're too smart to let a few opinions on a sporting club affect you like this, Gets. Snap out of it, man. Go get a pie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back