Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I’m liking is the silence. I know it’s sending people a little berserk and isn’t good for business in the Bluemour thread. We didn’t hear about the recent re-signings until they happened.
Maybe though, it’s a sign things are changing at the club.

For the longest time we’ve been the media’s low hanging fruit. But today, even Gerard admitted that no one knew anything and that most people were guessing. If the information out of the club slows then the negative press might too?
True, they may be deterred from speculating and getting caught their pants down

I wonder what the process will be if Cook says no? Hopefully we don't need to worry about it, but we would probably need a separate panel to start interviewing candidates. Not ideal.
You'd think Sayers and one other board member would be able to identify and hire a CEO. It is a bit more in their wheel house than a head coach.

6 years later and Blake still hasn't earned a gig. Like Scott Burns. Both highly touted assistants. So what's wrong with them?
Six years ago at 38 he would have been at the lower end of experience to be considered for a senior job.
Since then he's been involved in two flags at Richmond at been credited with being a 'strategic mind' behind them.
Similar wrt Essendon's efforts this year.

It potentially goes in his favour not to have gone for many (any?) senior jobs and been overlooked.

Not to mention that 2015 article was quoting Brian Cook as saying he should be considered back then.

"Cats chief executive Brian Cook said Caracella, completing the official level-four coaching course, would be an ideal candidate.
Blake Caracaella was an assistant coach at Collingwood from 2007 to 2009, and has been with the Cats since the 2010 season.

"Blake is a very creative and considered coach. Now also very experienced. He adds a taste of wider thinking and is respected very much by the players," he said.
Caracella is one of nine assistant coaches completing the level-four coaching course, introduced this season. Cook was part of the panel that selected the entrants."

C&C = Cook and Caracella

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon Anderson on 3aw this morning reported Cook to the Blues early next week and there is still a chance of Clarkson following Cooks appointment.
So Monday cook then clarko goes on 360 proclaims he is weighing up his future talks of how good of a mate cook is then after the grand final bang we got him

All these “ITK’s” post in a cryptic manner because they don’t know sh*t. They have all be wrong more than they have been right over the years, aside from the obvious that they post within half an hour of it being in the MSM. All bullshit. And all the school kids here hang on every little emoji they post. It’s embarrassing

You seem a little insecure and angry....were you not hugged as a child??? I can call you an ITK if it'll help you move on and understand this is a bloody rumour page lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Anderson on 3aw this morning reported Cook to the Blues early next week and there is still a chance of Clarkson following Cooks appointment.
I usually never trust a Jon without the 'h' in their name... but I have a good feeling about this one.

Media recap.

Media journos

It's not clarko, it's Ross Lyon
Oh no -it's Brad Scott
Oh no - it's not Brad Scott
Oh wait - Clarko might still be a chance
Oh hang on - that can't be right, nah Clarko's not a chance.
Well, it must be Pyke then, yeah it's Pyke.
Nah - it's not Pyke. It's Kingsley, it's Voss, it's some other name that I've just plucked out of nowhere.

Media journos - let's just say we have absolutely no idea. We're just pulling names out of a hat each day.

Alright well let's just make up lies then and call the footy club names, they must be a shambles if we don't know anything. Always new carlton was cooked.

Oh hang on!.....Cook to Carlton?

On CPH1951 using BigFooty.com mobile app

There needs to be a sticky at the top of each page in this thread explaining that just because an ITK posts does not mean that something will happen. It also does not mean the information they have been given is incorrect. Anyone who has worked for any employer who undergoes staffing changes will be able to tell you that things change very quickly, especially during crunch times.

I am sure sometimes some of the information they have been given is also just incorrect or has changed slightly as it has been passed along from the source to the poster. Again, this is also a fact of life.

Way too many people hating on those sharing what they have heard.

At least Gerard Whateley finally admitted on 360 that people are just pretending to know what’s going on with the Blues and what we are doing, he said we are still waiting for “the wink from Alastair Clarkson” and who knows if Ross Lyon will be back in the mix. Clarko on 360 on Monday night with Jason Dunstall, will be interesting viewing
Considering he has gone to ground for some weeks now, the timing of this media appearance is certainly interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back