Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be he barracked for them as a kid, and wants to live out his own dream. Ah well. Who was #25 before him? Xavier Tanner? Daniltchenko, what number was he?

The one and only Sex-Ed Lower. Spaull, Bourke and Jez Clayton all wore 25 between Daniltchenko and Robbie.

Last edited:

The one and only Sex-Ed Lower. Spaull, Bourke and Jez Clayton all wore 25 also wore 25 between Daniltchenko and Robbie.
Jeepers I should have known all of that :-D Jeremy Clayton, now he was a good footballer. Had a strong career in SA. David Bourke, another gift from the tiges 🙃

Turns 33 early in season 2022, I personally doubt we can play Tarrant, Corr and McKay in the same side. Has been a great footballer for us. Not sure with where the Tigers are at they should be recruiting a 33 year old. Anyways, kind of nice to have one of our FA's garnering some interest.

No way he suits our current list profile and I suggest should he take up the offer it will be with our blessing.

Exciting times I tell yas.
Can't agree. Huge capital in leadership and he's the best key defender we've had in 20 years. If you are going to stump up 2 years then give it to him and not tempt fate. Made some good calls but they look like amatuers on this one.

Last edited:
Can't agree. Huge capital in leadership and he's the best key defender we've had in 20 years. If you going to stump up 2 years then give it to him and not tempt fate. Made some good calls but they look like amatuers on this one.

Fair enough, I just see it differently, as we cannot play three talls down back. I know we can't , just doesn't work. So unless we don't play McKay what is our other option?

Team balance is not as critical when you're rebuilding - but Corr was lauded for his ability to play small and tall. That said, I'm not sure Corr's proven on the gorillas. The player that actually throws out the balance when Corr returns is Ziebell. It was those two that were competing for that third tall Defender imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been good to have him for another year but if tigers have given him 2 years can’t begrudge Robbie for taking it.

His body is looking tired and his best footy behind him. Hopefully Corr can get a big pre season in and fill a gap in the back 6

What is the likely compo? Third rounder? Does the compo come after our pick or at the end of the round?

What is the likely compo? Third rounder? Does the compo come after our pick or at the end of the round?
Either that or zilch. Trust the AFL will give us nothing

So, given all that, what compo are you expecting?
anything other than nothing... end of 3rd, or 3rd after ours sounds about right to me... but in actually hoping we go CCJ for Taz straight swap after telling the tigs that we walk CCJ for PSD for di#king us with Taz (tigs compo doesnt get depleted for their other guy either)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back