The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough. Depends whether he wants out or just wants to go to Adelaide and wouldn't look at other options.

It'll be the latter. We've offered him a 5 year deal I don't think it's just about wanting out of Sydney.

Should’ve let us do the trade?

Robbie Tarrant is officially a Tiger as part of the Coleman-Jones trade.

Richmond will give up Coleman-Jones, picks 42, 47 and a future fourth round pick for Robbie Tarrant and a future second round pick and pick 40.

Robbie-Tarrant-Article-Image.png
Lol what's with the Gold AFL logo?

So we should just accept whatever they deem worth throwing our way? Get your head out of your ass.

Just venturing an opinion old boy as a neutral observer, I have no agenda one way or another
, I actually have a soft spot for the Swannies, I firmly believe a top 5 pick for Dawson is overs
As a detached footy fan, and I am sure most neutral fans would agree with me.

Just venturing an opinion old boy as a neutral observer, I have no agenda one way or another
, I actually have a soft spot for the Swannies, I firmly believe a top 5 pick for Dawson is overs
As a detached footy fan, and I am sure most neutral fans would agree with me.

You've shown time and again a fundamental lack of nous when it comes to discussing football of all codes.

It'll be the latter. We've offered him a 5 year deal I don't think it's just about wanting out of Sydney.
Makes sense why you guys are playing hardball then. He'll stay unless they pony up pick 4. Pretty strong leverage for the swans. If Adelaide want him then they will have to meet the Swans demands and if for whatever reason he did nominate for the PSD he wouldn't get to them anyway.

We would have had it done on day 1! That future 2nd rounder just seems totally unnecessary. North could have traded the future second for a 2nd and 3rd from a better team and given up someone else's future 2nd. We've let the tigers keep their Chol compo and given them a future 2nd.

Love Robbie and disappointed to see him go. He did look a step slower this year which is a shame because he was such a good athlete but that may have been down to the kidney surgery making him miss half the season.

I Suspect North will improve significantly next season (can see you guys win 8-10 games in 2022), so wouldn't lose any sleep over that trade.
Gotta back your club sometimes, the Carlton/Crom trade for Liam Stocker looked bad for Carlton at the time but Stock does look like being a solid player at AFL level now (reminds me of Fraser Brown) and I would still do that deal every day of the week.

There is a lot of top end talent on Notth's list, it raw, 2022 will probably be another hard slog for the Shinboners, but after that, you guys 3ill be in decent shape.

Noble is a good guy and decent coach back him in and good times ahead for North for sure.

Makes sense why you guys are playing hardball then. He'll stay unless they pony up pick 4. Pretty strong leverage for the swans. If Adelaide want him then they will have to meet the Swans demands and if for whatever reason he did nominate for the PSD he wouldn't get to them anyway.

I think it sounds like it's 4 for 12 and Dawson with the haggling over the other picks to make it a reasonable deal, if it can be worked out then I'm ok with that.

So it looks like North, with all the leverage in the world, have bought the lube, bent over, spread cheeks and copped an absolute battering from Richmond on the CCJ deal.

Better be more deals in the pipeline or else we look like absolute mugs.
Crazy stuff. Would’ve been stoked with pick 38 + Tarrant. You guys must be backing yourselves in hard next season.

You've shown time and again a fundamental lack of nous when it comes to discussing football of all codes.

Meh, least I know more about Doctor Who than you, so I take that as a plus.

Seriously chill dude, Dawson has never made even the AA squad of 40, therefore, and especially at his age (25 next year) he just simply cannot command the type of currency that you hope the Swans will get.

Hope it doesn't come to it, but Adelaide could simply walk him to the PSD

I Suspect North will improve significantly next season (can see you guys win 8-10 games in 2022), so wouldn't lose any sleep over that trade.
Gotta back your club sometimes, the Carlton/Crom trade for Liam Stocker looked bad for Carlton at the time but Stock does look like being a solid player at AFL level now (reminds me of Fraser Brown) and I would still do that deal every day of the week.

There is a lot of top end talent on Notth's list, it raw, 2022 will probably be another hard slog for the Shinboners, but after that, you guys 3ill be in decent shape.

Noble is a good guy and decent coach back him in and good times ahead for North for sure.
mate, it's a shocker, as was the Stocker trade. I back in the coach and the youngsters to keep getting better but we just gave up a top 20-30 pick for no reason. We managed to fleece Collingwood after being fleeced by Melbourne last year so I hope Luff has something up his sleeve. That is also the only way it makes sense to do this deal now. This is one we could have let go down to the last few minutes of the trade period. Luff's drafting has been good so far so I want him to have as many picks as possible.

Crazy stuff. Would’ve been stoked with pick 38 + Tarrant. You guys must be backing yourselves in hard next season.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if North finish ahead of Richmond next season on the ladder.

You mugs are cooked, with no good kids coming through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously chill dude, Dawson has never made even the AA squad of 40, therefore, and especially at his age (25 next year) he just simply cannot command the type of currency that you hope the Swans will get.

We'd take him at no.1 in the PSD which only strengthens the swans hands really.

That would have made sense if we had swapped future 2nds with you. I don't relate gifting you guys a future second as backing ourselves in. When we did the first round pick trade with Melbourne a few years ago we were both backing ourselves in and tbh it worked out really well for both parties. This is just a ******* donation.

mate, it's a shocker, as was the Stocker trade. I back in the coach and the youngsters to keep getting better but we just gave up a top 20-30 pick for no reason. We managed to fleece Collingwood after being fleeced by Melbourne last year so I hope Luff has something up his sleeve. That is also the only way it makes sense to do this deal now. This is one we could have let go down to the last few minutes of the trade period. Luff's drafting has been good so far so I want him to have as many picks as possible.

today was the deadline for free agency trades so we needed it done. Today to keep our Maribor Chol compensation.

Is Horne really worth it from both sides of this? It seems idiotic from Norf to turn this down but also extremely idiotic from Adelaide to offer it in the first place.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if North finish ahead of Richmond next season on the ladder.

You mugs are cooked, with no good kids coming through.
We will bottom out for a couple of years then fly past your rabble like every other club has done.

I have no regrets over the Carlton/Stocker trade at all, he will be a gun.

That pick swap with Melbourne a couple of years ago probably does bite, although I like that bloke you got with the Dee's pick, Kozi and Rivers will be 200 plus guns for Melbourne.

It's a pretty good reason why I don't believe in trading first round picks, especially for future picks.

Cerra will be a solid 200 game player for Carlton, so I can live with that deal, but giving up prime picks for potential picks in a future draft is always fraught with danger.

What kind of comeback is that hahaha.

He's 24, how many AA squads has Cerra made?

You've been told several times they won't get him if they go to the PSD, which is why they're negotiating with us.

How many teams have picked up a player who doesn't want to play in that state? Wouldn't think there would be too many. It's not a great look for the club
The opportunity rarely if ever presents itself. GWS do it all the time in the national draft though.

Is Horne really worth it from both sides of this? It seems idiotic from Norf to turn this down but also extremely idiotic from Adelaide to offer it in the first place.

Shows you how highly he is rated. He completes our midfield and can start round one and have an impact. He got 24 touches, 11 clearances and kicked 3.3 in the SANFL premium. I haven't seen as much of him as Magma but he genuinely looked a class above everyone else on the field in that prelim which included quite a few former AFL players. Bryce Gibbs talked about him winning a Brownlow one day in a post match interview.

I have no regrets over the Carlton/Stocker trade at all, he will be a gun.

That pick swap with Melbourne a couple of years ago probably does bite, although I like that bloke you got with the Dee's pick, Kozi and Rivers will be 200 plus guns for Melbourne.

It's a pretty good reason why I don't believe in trading first round picks, especially for future picks.

Cerra will be a solid 200 game player for Carlton, so I can live with that deal, but giving up prime picks for potential picks in a future draft is always fraught with danger.
we got 3 picks for 1 in that deal. IIRC, Melbourne managed to turn that pick into Kozi Pickett and Rivers by trading with Fremantle.

We turned our 3 picks and Ben Brown through trading into Tom Powell, Flynn Perez, Phoenix Spicer or Charlie Lazarro, Jaiden Stephenson, Atu, and Brisbane's 4th rounder this year.

The trade was really about priorities for both clubs. We needed to fill out our midfield which we did with Powell and Stephenson. Melbourne needed a gun small forward which they got with Kozi. We will be on the lookout for that gun small forward probably next year.

In terms of gun 200 plus game players. Assuming no injuries - Powell, Perez and Stepho all fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back