Shows that have dull first seasons but then become legendary

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 1 of The Leftovers is ok but becomes fantastic in final two seasons.

Inside Number 9's first season is its most inconsistent before it finds its groove.

Parks and Rec's first season is subpar before turning into a cult classic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't call it dull, but the first series of the classic 1990s UK sitcom 'Men Behaving Badly' in 1991 was very different from the show it became. It was rather tame in nature and Tony wasn't in the show, Gary had another lodger named Dermot played by Harry Enfield.
Yep everyone hated dermott.

yep this show is one that fits.

F*** how did i forget blackadder.

season 1 did have brian blessed but all the main characters had completely different and sh** personalities. Show was a different and much better show when season 2 arrived.

The show was nearly cancelled after the first series as it was seen as an expensive flop, they completely revamped the show for the second series with Ben Elton coming onboard as one of the writers and they turned the Blackadder character into a smartarse instead of a dumbarse and it became a hit.

Not multiple series cause it only went for one.
But Mick Molloy had a show back in the day. The first episode was just so out of this world awful.
But then by the end became awesome.

Gonna say the American Shameless too. I thought in the first season it was gearing up to be a watered down English version but then became even better than that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back