Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden is far from a shining light. Their nordic neighbours, a good comparison group, fared much better. Much lower deaths rates after locking down early. And Sweden's economy tanked just like their neighbours. Plus the neighbours are enjoying freedoms just like Sweden.

Deaths anywhere won't stop. That's a fact of life.
Their cases and deaths have absolutely plateaud though - something that a place like the UK could only dream of at the moment.

Earlier or later after having ensured harsh lockdowns. The jury is out on which one most people would prefer. This virus still kills the old and the sick who are fully vaccinated.

No. There's a thing called natural immunity, like I said in my original post. What is this warped idea you have that everyone that catches the virus dies? That's insane.

Ours will keep going up because we haven't built any natural immunity. As our leaders are now saying, we have to live with this virus and its consequences.

This thread is becoming pointless.

Covid zero is gone, it's here, pretty much everyone has had the opportunity to get the jab. It's time to let er rip and that's exactly what's happening anyway. NSW are already there and the other states will be in a couple of months. Other than that the rest is all noise.

The debate will switch to what levels or hospitalisations/deaths are we gonna be willing to accept.

This thread is becoming pointless.

Covid zero is gone, it's here, pretty much everyone has had the opportunity to get the jab. It's time to let er rip and that's exactly what's happening anyway. NSW are already there and the other states will be in a couple of months. Other than that the rest is all noise.

The debate will switch to what levels or hospitalisations/deaths are we gonna be willing to accept.

Agreed bravey, though I'm not sure what this has to do with what we were talking about, which was taking the big hit early and then living life normally.

Deaths anywhere won't stop. That's a fact of life.
Their cases and deaths have absolutely plateaud though - something that a place like the UK could only dream of at the moment.

Earlier or later after having ensured harsh lockdowns. The jury is out on which one most people would prefer. This virus still kills the old and the sick who are fully vaccinated.

No. There's a thing called natural immunity, like I said in my original post. What is this warped idea you have that everyone that catches the virus dies? That's insane.

Ours will keep going up because we haven't built any natural immunity. As our leaders are now saying, we have to live with this virus and its consequences.

Only about 10% of Sweden’s population have had corona anyway so I wouldn’t be attributing any mass trend to “natural immunity,” which is a bit of moot point to begin with now that we have vaccines.

Only about 10% of Sweden’s population have had corona anyway so I wouldn’t be attributing any mass trend to “natural immunity,” which is a bit of moot point to begin with now that we have vaccines.

This, trading off some extra waning immunity from 10% of the population having had the virus vs 0.1% or whatever - against 23x the death rate is not a good deal. Sweden's strategy sucked.

This, trading off some extra waning immunity from 10% of the population having had the virus vs 0.1% or whatever - against 23x the death rate is not a good deal. Sweden's strategy sucked.

Thats 10% of the population that tested positive. Not sure of what the actual number would be but they're not getting huge cases anymore and hardly anyone is dying and this is without restrictions. We can speculate on the reasons.

Thats 10% of the population that tested positive. Not sure of what the actual number would be but they're not getting huge cases anymore and hardly anyone is dying and this is without restrictions. We can speculate on the reasons.

It's better for the virus to be circulating freely when 80% of the population is vaccinated than when it's 0%. That's basically the argument.

Imagine thinking the way NSW and Vic have gone about it is good. They've gone through months of continuous lockdown but are arriving at the same finish point as SA.

I know what way I would have preferred.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Djokovic almost certainly will be refused entry into Australia without vaccination.. them's the rules and in general I agree that unvaccinated persons should not be granted entry.

But hasn't Djokovic already had the disease and recovered? So does he not have the relevant antibody and T cell development/other as might be artificially generated by dual vaccination? Granted I think he had the disease a while ago and immunity drops.
Even vaccinated people can still be carriers so I do not quite see the point.

More deaths. Less lockdowns . Natural selection is good for the species.

Pretty obvious that you do not understand even the basics of the theory of natural selection.

For example, if the deaths from covid-19 are disproportionately amongst the elderly (which they are) who are beyond their reproductive years, then any inherent disposition contained within their genes to fall victim to to the virus would have already been passed on.

So what you are promoting has nothing to do with natural selection but rather selective homicide based on the age, wellness, social status and geographic location of the victims at the time they come in contact with the virus.

Djokovic almost certainly will be refused entry into Australia without vaccination.. them's the rules and in general I agree that unvaccinated persons should not be granted entry.

But hasn't Djokovic already had the disease and recovered? So does he not have the relevant antibody and T cell development/other as might be artificially generated by dual vaccination? Granted I think he had the disease a while ago and immunity drops.

The point is one of principle, if they let Djokovic in unvaccinated they have to let anyone in. If Australia were to allow the unvaccinated masses in they could contract the virus in Australia and clog up our hospitals even more than expected.

You are right, Djokovic tested positive in June 2020. Not only that but several players and support staff also tested positive after playing in a tournament he organised in defiance of an ATP ban on tournaments. I cannot feel sorry for Djokovic he hasn't actually been a shining example during the pandemic.

He should be kept out for being a dickhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back